Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236422 times)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #120 on: 04-01-2011, 14:01:18 »
What I really think is not that big thing to be missed anyways.
CMP Gaming

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 04-01-2011, 14:01:37 »
Guys, until EA officially drops the bomb and says "no mods", they will say "it is not yet decided", so naturally they keep the "Mods" heading there.

On the other hand, I place much more belief in that DICE guy who went on to explain in painstaking detail why modding tools for Frostbite1/2 or any other "too modern" engine are not likely to happen ever, and then inserted the legally required "I have not been informed whether there will be mod support or not for BF3".

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 04-01-2011, 21:01:59 »
Guys, until EA officially drops the bomb and says "no mods", they will say "it is not yet decided", so naturally they keep the "Mods" heading there.

On the other hand, I place much more belief in that DICE guy who went on to explain in painstaking detail why modding tools for Frostbite1/2 or any other "too modern" engine are not likely to happen ever, and then inserted the legally required "I have not been informed whether there will be mod support or not for BF3".

They exist you know? I saw a leaked pic of the frostbite editor, and it was like the rest. Its probably most likely they dont want to release them because it will mean less sales from the "DLC".

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 04-01-2011, 21:01:08 »

They exist you know? I saw a leaked pic of the frostbite editor, and it was like the rest. Its probably most likely they dont want to release them because it will mean less sales from the "DLC".

maybe you want to share this picture?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 04-01-2011, 22:01:48 »
maybe you want to share this picture?

I've seen it posted dozens of places.  Sure thing they have an editor, how else should their mappers make maps, it's called FrostEd last I heard, but afaik the legal issues with releasing that editor aren't up for discussion.

Here is a link where you can see it at work: http://developer.amd.com/media/gpu_assets/Andersson-Tatarchuk-FrostbiteRenderingArchitecture%28GDC07_AMD_Session%29.pdf
« Last Edit: 04-01-2011, 23:01:02 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 05-01-2011, 11:01:47 »
“I’d be shocked if we didn’t take a notch out of [Activision],” he continued.

Riccitiello added that BF3 would be “designed to be the one that is the big leap forward; the one that is going to help a lot” in competing with CoD.
- http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/content.php?3836-Riccitiello-Battlefield-3-out-in-%E2%80%9Csecond-half%E2%80%9D-2011

This isn't the first time I've seen someone from EA/DICE claim BF3 is gonna blow us all away, and I'm starting to get the impression that it's not just hype...

Think about it, most Battlefield fans would rather play BF2 (or one of it's mods) than BC/BC2, and I can almost guarantee that the sales figures for both games combined (incl. console sales) don't come anywhere near BF2.

EA have been getting fucking smashed by Activision in FPS sales for years, and I can't imagine them being happy with that....

They've got something up their sleeve, and we'll know soon enough whether it's a masterstroke or an abject failure.

Christ, they could just remake BF2, adding BC2's destructible environment and shiny GFX, and it'd probably sell like crazy. I know I'd fall over my self in my rush to buy it... :)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 05-01-2011, 15:01:58 »
Any word on the total players amount?
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 05-01-2011, 15:01:55 »

explain "like the rest" please :-\
Mikael Kalms wrote you a long thread why they can't make a pubbie FrostEd, if that is not reason enough for you, I don't know.... I wonder if you read that thread  ::)

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1350772-so-how-about-modtools.html

The thread even shows up as 2nd hit on google for "bf3 mod tools"  :-*

http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&biw=1405&bih=805&q=bf3+mod+tools&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3070ff9985c9f8e1

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 05-01-2011, 16:01:06 »
“I’d be shocked if we didn’t take a notch out of [Activision],” he continued.

Riccitiello added that BF3 would be “designed to be the one that is the big leap forward; the one that is going to help a lot” in competing with CoD.
- http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/content.php?3836-Riccitiello-Battlefield-3-out-in-%E2%80%9Csecond-half%E2%80%9D-2011

This isn't the first time I've seen someone from EA/DICE claim BF3 is gonna blow us all away, and I'm starting to get the impression that it's not just hype...

Think about it, most Battlefield fans would rather play BF2 (or one of it's mods) than BC/BC2, and I can almost guarantee that the sales figures for both games combined (incl. console sales) don't come anywhere near BF2.

EA have been getting fucking smashed by Activision in FPS sales for years, and I can't imagine them being happy with that....

They've got something up their sleeve, and we'll know soon enough whether it's a masterstroke or an abject failure.

Christ, they could just remake BF2, adding BC2's destructible environment and shiny GFX, and it'd probably sell like crazy. I know I'd fall over my self in my rush to buy it... :)

I dunno. I don't like the implications of a game being in competition with the CoD series, as that means there will be a degree a similarity between the games.

Moreover, the free-to-play version of BF2 in development makes me more nervous. If Dice was making BF3 to be an improved version of BF2, no one would play the BF2 game they have in development.

Offline RoniSaysWoot

• View Profile
    • No Man's Land
« Reply #129 on: 05-01-2011, 16:01:51 »
I dunno. I don't like the implications of a game being in competition with the CoD series, as that means there will be a degree a similarity between the games.

Moreover, the free-to-play version of BF2 in development makes me more nervous. If Dice was making BF3 to be an improved version of BF2, no one would play the BF2 game they have in development.

The Free 4 play is not developed by Dice, it's a "game" made by the same guys who made the bf:
Heroes, so it uses basicly a updated version of the refractor engine what bf2142 uses what is the newer version what bf2 uses. The Free 4 play is already done project but they haven't yet released anything else than beta version of it to test how it runs and to see how much bugs there is to fix.

I hope Dice does as much work on the bf3 than they did for bf1942 and bf2, I don't want to see a updated version of bfbc2, well it is a good game but it isn't anything close to the older Battlefields.

Register to support No Man's Land! at: www.nmlmod.forum-motion.com

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 05-01-2011, 17:01:56 »

First of all:: BFP4F isnt a free version of BF2.. but it's understandable you think that since the map in the beta is Karkand..
Second:: BF3 is not "an improved version of BF2"...it's a new game.. do you know how much has happened in the gaming world since 2005?
Last:: BF3 and BFP4F are catering towards two different markets, so need to worry about who will play the games. ;)

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 05-01-2011, 18:01:31 »

explain "like the rest" please :-\
Mikael Kalms wrote you a long thread why they can't make a pubbie FrostEd, if that is not reason enough for you, I don't know.... I wonder if you read that thread  ::)

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1350772-so-how-about-modtools.html

The thread even shows up as 2nd hit on google for "bf3 mod tools"  :-*

http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&biw=1405&bih=805&q=bf3+mod+tools&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3070ff9985c9f8e1

Because I had been on BC2 and BF3 UK EA forums hearing their bullshit.

"Tools too complicated"

Then the excuse changed to "You need super machines to run it"

And then it was "We cant share any information on it"

Then that leaked pic; what I meant its like any editor, simple to use, load objects, fx and test.

If BF3 doesnt have mod tools, then no buy for me bye bye BF and hello RO2 with mod support and a company that really deliver what they promise.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #132 on: 21-01-2011, 22:01:31 »
Let's bump this one to the top, someone leaked screenshots. It's not that thrilling but it shows the destruction of houses in Battlefield 3. Looks alot like Bad Company 2 but oh my, what a sexy normal map.

http://www.games.lt/g/blogai.irasas/298779.8067
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 21-01-2011, 23:01:58 »
Battlefield series been getting worse at every release.

If BF3 doesn´t have great maps and feature real nice armies,like Russia x US war,it will be disappointing.

And if you cant mod...pull the flush.It´s crap.Like many other EA games...

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 22-01-2011, 00:01:33 »
Im still waiting on this to be said.. im hoping so much for mod tools.. well sorry not hoping but crossing fingers.. guess its teh same thing... dam it.. fucking EA.. stop fucking the mod community over.. and 100+ players.. god mods would be epic with 100+ players.. with frostbite.. .. i can imagine the awesome sauce IF Fh went to BF3 withj 100+ players.. on teh BFE WAW tournament.. yea i dream big.. but everyone know EA will shoot it down cause hell if i know.. they fucked up the BF fanchise for the PC's only for money.. go figure right? well guess we will know for sure if we get tools and how many players will be playing ona server together march 1st... they say PC is gettign special attention.. WTF DOES THAT MEAN.. graphics? how much better can they get?
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End