Author Topic: battle of Keren help  (Read 761 times)

Offline nickm

• View Profile
battle of Keren help
« on: 17-02-2020, 02:02:59 »
Gang:
The battle for Keren is vexing me-in my last go round we captured everything except for Keren Town and Keren station but we had suffered too much attrition to get there and we timed out;

Sure the Eritrean countryside is terribly rough in real life, but my main thing is how armor has to be channeled down the creekbeds. Is there a way for engineers to clear a path thru the mines and allow thanks to go up and over some of the pathways? Not to mention Ascedra Valley could probably use an indirect approach.
Not to mention, the cruisers and matildas don't have HE shells for their tanks nor do they have 'hull gunners'. Italian infantrymen are proving to be a very troublesome obstacle.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: battle of Keren help
« Reply #1 on: 17-02-2020, 16:02:13 »
Is there a way for engineers to clear a path thru the mines and allow thanks to go up and over some of the pathways?
No.

Not to mention, the cruisers and matildas don't have HE shells for their tanks nor do they have 'hull gunners'. Italian infantrymen are proving to be a very troublesome obstacle.
Blame British doctrine, they never used HE shells.

Funny you mentioned this today, Brits got stuck on their way to Keren for about a month exactly 80 years ago.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-02-2020, 18:02:08 »
The terrain in terrible; no wonder Mengistu has such problems with the region.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-02-2020, 04:02:03 »
Is there a way for engineers to clear a path thru the mines and allow thanks to go up and over some of the pathways?
No.

Blame British doctrine, they never used HE shells.

Funny you mentioned this today, Brits got stuck on their way to Keren for about a month exactly 80 years ago.

I'll just have to try again I guess; I had something favoriable but close run in the Alam Halfa map. We captured the last British flag when we were at 50 and they were at 400...luckily their counter finally wound down to zero and we were able to survive with 38 points.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-04-2020, 06:04:40 »
Well I am HAPPY to report I was able to finally defeat the Italians, using my time honored way--cheating!
I signed in to SP on the Axis side and killed every Eye-Tie I could see...and even then it was very close run thing for the British.