Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117343 times)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #1305 on: 28-04-2014, 14:04:18 »
I have to fly through bursting plane wrecks a lot when I'm in a german Destroyer (Me110, Do217). When people want to duel and engage me head on, I have no chance to avoid their airplanes, I just pull the trigger early and hope that they blew up to wrecks by the time they've reached me. With the nose armament given on destroyers, that is usually the case.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 28-04-2014, 16:04:44 »
I am not used to it, i am mostly a bomber or regular fighter. I only do head ons when i have at least 4 x 20mm.

I see them exploding from time to time, but this one caught me by surprise, also he was less then 150 meters in front of me at the time, from my view the fireball almost filled my screen

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 28-04-2014, 17:04:16 »
I miss this game, but I can't go back to the grind.

I miss going head on with my Zero against Beaufighters and pilot knock them. It's the easiest thing to do in the world. (well mabye not the easiest, but certainly not hard to pilot knock a beau)

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 29-04-2014, 21:04:56 »
About the skinning aircraft:

is it possible to TOTTALY SKIN the aircraft?

Because im about to skin my Japanese Jets (the Ki-200; and the new American-Japanese cold war Jet) with my own Air Legion Force's symbols :D

I may show you some screens as well :)

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 30-04-2014, 00:04:40 »
I'm not sure, but I think that you must have active premium account for this...

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 01-05-2014, 08:05:32 »
So, I have been trying GF for couple of days (thanks torenico). After trying all 3 modes, I ended up playing only simulator battles. Arcade and realistic feels just like very clumsy version of wot and if I want to cruise around in my tanks with 3rd person I'll play wot. Simulator battles however are really fun and the more realistic approach to tank movement fits better in more slow paced gameplay of simulator mode. Spotting mechanic in arcade and realistic also felt that enemy always knew where I was coming from and flanking or ambushing enemies felt very hard because of huge nameplate over my head.

If there was one thing I would change, remove kursk from rank 1 tanks  ::). It's bit stupid that bots drive around in T-34's and I'm in puny pz 38t.
« Last Edit: 01-05-2014, 08:05:04 by ajappat »

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 01-05-2014, 19:05:31 »
So, i am currently on progress of getting my first russian mig 9 and british meteor jet. I am curious how it is to play them online.
« Last Edit: 01-05-2014, 20:05:57 by siben »

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 01-05-2014, 22:05:08 »
So, I have been trying GF for couple of days (thanks torenico). After trying all 3 modes, I ended up playing only simulator battles. Arcade and realistic feels just like very clumsy version of wot and if I want to cruise around in my tanks with 3rd person I'll play wot. Simulator battles however are really fun and the more realistic approach to tank movement fits better in more slow paced gameplay of simulator mode. Spotting mechanic in arcade and realistic also felt that enemy always knew where I was coming from and flanking or ambushing enemies felt very hard because of huge nameplate over my head.

After reading this I also gave simulator battle a try, and holy shit. Battle at Kursk in my Panther was amazing. After only one match I feel safe to conclude this gamemode is by far the best and coolest, at least for bigger tanks (who continuously oneshot eachother from half the map away in the other modes). I had terrible trouble aiming and seeing anything through all the smoke but I managed to get a 27 kill streak, lol. Just the entire battle with dozens of AI tanks mixed in was really epic. It also gives a huge amount of research points.

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 02-05-2014, 16:05:06 »
So yeah: i finaly made my way and skinned the shit out of my N1K2 Japanese aircraft, in order to make an skin of my future "Legionary's Air Forces" (its typen in portuguese over there)  ;D

Check it out:

N1K2 from L.A.F. outside the Hangar.

N1K2 from L.A.F. outside the Hangar.

N1K2 from L.A.F. ready to take off over Peleilu's airfield.

N1K2 from L.A.F. after an sucessfull training dive bombing over Peleilu Airfield.

N1K2 from L.A.F. flying over Peleilu's Airfield.

N1K2 from L.A.F. flying over the sea.

N1K2 from L.A.F. aiming towards an B-17 under AA fire.

N1K2 from L.A.F. engaging an B-17 under heavy AA fire.

N1K2 from L.A.F. losing a tail wile the B-17 fuel tank gets shot at by the N1K2.

N1K2 from L.A.F. lost the tail and buring his fuel tank - mayday mode.

All the unknow isignias were made by myself - they are the Legion's/Party logo's.
« Last Edit: 02-05-2014, 16:05:23 by Damaso »

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 03-05-2014, 15:05:15 »
A new era, wish me luck.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 03-05-2014, 17:05:39 »
Good job

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 04-05-2014, 11:05:56 »
Holy mother of god those me 163 are a annoying pest. ridiculous. i did not mind them that much in my b-24, since they go down easily, but when you meet them in a meteor, they are just a whole different class..... and there are so many of them!

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 04-05-2014, 12:05:39 »
Holy mother of god those me 163 are a annoying pest. ridiculous. i did not mind them that much in my b-24, since they go down easily, but when you meet them in a meteor, they are just a whole different class..... and there are so many of them!
I unlocked the ME 163 now that grinding is faster. They are actually the best German aircraft. Fully upgraded their climbrate is insane. Keep in mind that they only are in the air 6:30 mins.

However I also aced the crew and now with a perfect landing (e. g. you are lucky and it doesn´t blow up) it takes 10 secs to repair. If it blows up with that bug it takes a minute.

Also the first Meteor - like the 262 - is shit.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 04-05-2014, 14:05:43 »
Since i have the 109k4 i flew the me 163 around a bit, now i wonder, how do you land it without breaking off your wing?

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 04-05-2014, 15:05:06 »
Since i have the 109k4 i flew the me 163 around a bit, now i wonder, how do you land it without breaking off your wing?
You don´t. Rumor has it that the tank needs to be empty. But even then this bug still occurs. The thing is you need to avoid the wing tipping to the ground too fast, because that will cause the plane to "bounce" and explode. But you can´t influence that.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.