Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117447 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #270 on: 10-04-2013, 13:04:57 »
What ever happened to shared air victories, that's a thing in real world, isn't it?

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 10-04-2013, 14:04:39 »
Yeah, I just want to know if there was something like stealing in WWII?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 10-04-2013, 18:04:15 »
That's a point I don't like about this game too and I hope that they sort this stuff out. It seems to be totaly random how you get a kill. Kill steeling is part of the gaming world and I can live with it, but not this untransparent bullshit.

Shared air victory seems indeed to be a good solution especialy when you hunt down enemy planes with your squadmates.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 11-04-2013, 00:04:21 »
Yea, also the killgreed is so huge due to this. Just every second time I'm on an enemy's tail, 5 teammates build a train behind me shortly after and shoot my ass up because they aim for that friggin target-circle without thinking the slightest. Or even worse, they try to overtake and crash into you, it's funny.

Other than that I started pulling up pretty early when fighting head on, because most people give a shit and risk a crash anyway, not even thinking about trying to dodge. You would think that they want to save their good plane or something, but most people go so high risk and don't pull or dive, so I do it. Works better anyway, as head on combat is mostly luck and when I pull up early and begin my turn already I often end up at their tail as they continue flying straight or start turning too late.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 13-04-2013, 14:04:34 »
the irony in this picture is too damn high.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 13-04-2013, 14:04:01 »
Battle time: 0:00 - so what did you expect?  ;D

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 13-04-2013, 16:04:21 »
did you crashed on the runway? xD

tryed my first FRB an hour ago, no trackIR, no joystick, just relative mouse control (to make it fly like in bf2). huge mistake, did manage to score some hits on a Zero trough  :)

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 13-04-2013, 16:04:17 »
Look in the upper left corner, the map name: [Operation] Korea
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 28-04-2013, 17:04:28 »
Downloaded the game yesterday and I have to say it's just bloody awesome. Much better than World of Warplanes (some very odd similarities between the games btw). As with WoWP, it's piss easy as well:

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 28-04-2013, 17:04:36 »
^ Try flying with a joystick, then report back... Also, try HB and you'll soon find out what pain means (or not, if you are a half-decent pilot :P) ...

Anyway, yesterday a funny thing happened to me... I got into a shallow dive pulling negative Gs and the carburetor on my Hurricane clogged up, causing my engine to die and the funniest thing is, when I managed to land it didn't want to fix my aircraft, so I ended up sitting on the airstrip for most of the round... Then I told one guy on my team to shoot me up a bit (and try not to blow my ass up while doing it), and he did it, causing the repair to trigger! You can't say people would be prepared to do that kind of stuff in some other games...

Also, I need to make myself some Track IR this summer... Sounds like a great summer project  ;):

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how-tos/how_build_your_own_ir_head_tracker?page=0,1
« Last Edit: 28-04-2013, 17:04:38 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 28-04-2013, 23:04:10 »
I have my resistors ready, when my finals end, I will build mine and star rocking mouse in hand in FRB :P

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 29-04-2013, 02:04:31 »
Tried it, this is definitely much more fun than WoWP.

It feels easier to kill enemy planes in this than WoWP, especially the 1st planes (Ki-10s, He-51s, Nimrods and furies, P26s, I15). Overkill: killing a Tier 0 plane with 37mm cannons and .50s mounted on the P-39N Aerocobra. I do find the bombing is a bit off above 2000 ft, though.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 29-04-2013, 20:04:30 »
Does anyone know whit what speed the bombs drop? I'd like to calculate the time to impact depending on different altitude levels. Without actual data bombing up high is indeed worthless.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 30-04-2013, 16:04:33 »
Yeah, I also make diving bombing even with heavy bombers... I simply don't know what I'm doing wrong when I use bomber view...  ::)

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 30-04-2013, 16:04:27 »
I have my resistors ready, when my finals end, I will build mine and star rocking mouse in hand in FRB :P

No resistors needed if you have a 1.5V battery as source, the IR-Leds have enabling voltage level of 1.5 volts. But if the source is bigger, then it's another story.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!