Author Topic: Bombing the Reich remake [Pics] DL Link  (Read 8133 times)

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
Bombing the Reich remake [Pics] DL Link
« on: 09-10-2009, 16:10:13 »
Ok so I have been working a bit in the editor to practice some skills.. I'm a noob mapper but i gave this concept a shot.

EDIT: I did this map whitout permission from anyone! Neither FH2, FHT, WaW, or any clan. From me, for? Myself and for nostalgic people. Any questions or stuff. post or pm :)

Download - WIP Try it and give suggestions and thougs please :)
http://www.filefront.com/15045343/bombing_the_reich.rar

Here goes:

The briefing is very wip! But I wright it here for the feeling of a completed map :)

"This was the time when Churchill began to think about the need for an 'absolutely devastating exterminating attack by very heavy bombers from this country upon the Nazi homeland.' When on the night of 24 August 1943 the Royal air force began a attack to compromize the german warfactories along iron wall, the coastline. However the German Luftwaffe is far from compromized just yet."

Overlook, minimap is wip aswell :)

Map:

Factorys in the distance:

The white cliffs of Dover:

And lastly a overview form the ground..

« Last Edit: 02-12-2009, 20:12:19 by elander »

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
Re: Bombing the Reich remake
« Reply #1 on: 09-10-2009, 16:10:12 »
I never played "Bombing the Reich", but I'm really interested in big maps where you have to bomb things with planes.
Come on, give it a try! :)

Offline Rataxes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-10-2009, 17:10:57 »
I think Battle of Britain is a better start. The mod doesn't have any heavy bombers for allies. Would be lame to take down factories with Typhoon rockets or Beufighter bombs.  :P

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-10-2009, 17:10:37 »
nah make a night commando raid map instead where the allies must paradrop and blow up stuff with infantry.

much cooler  :D

azreal

« Reply #4 on: 09-10-2009, 19:10:57 »
I'm thinking of creating a remake of the (imo) cool map Bombing the Reich. What do you think? Worth it? Anyone else makeing it?

Rataxes is right. Where you gonna get the Lancaster and Wellington bombers?

Offline Rataxes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-10-2009, 19:10:24 »
Natty's ida is still damn cool. Blow up railways with German guards in train etc.  :o

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #6 on: 09-10-2009, 19:10:23 »
I'm thinking of creating a remake of the (imo) cool map Bombing the Reich. What do you think? Worth it? Anyone else makeing it?

Rataxes is right. Where you gonna get the Lancaster and Wellington bombers?

Paskey... ::)

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-10-2009, 20:10:05 »
Port em  :D
I was thinking of making a map like this where u have to bomb stuff in daylight with the mighty US air force.
Not sure what the game mode would be tho, maybe the devs would make a objective defend and destroy game mode.
It was gonna be 4kmx4km with ported bombers from Fh 0.7 but since i cant find BF1942 i cant install FH0.7, plus im working on another map right now.
If you make it a night map you could port bombers from Fh1 since it will be too dark to see the details, and figure out that the bombers are actually from Fh1  :) (you might need someone who knows how to tweak the bombers to get them working with Fh2 weapons)

Heres my ideas to you,

Make the map big with a sea inbetween.
Make most of the map offlimits to ground forces.
Use the low res statics and copy and place them all over you map (realisticly and carefully)
Only make a small area of the map, say 1-2kmsq useable for ground forces and detail the part of the map like totalize and place cps, factories, aa etc. This area will be the only part of the map where the ground forces can move around in, by making a combat zone there so they can wonder outside to discover most of the map is made from lo-res statics!
Set the combat zones so they only apply for ground vehicles and not planes, this means the planes can use the glorious 4kmx4km of airspace they need.

Dunno how your gonna make this map so id thought id share my ideas.

I wish you good luck.

MY SIGNATUR WAS OVERSIZED!

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-10-2009, 21:10:34 »
Port em  :D
The FH2 Devs are against people porting stuff directly from FH1 into FH2, IIRC.
I was thinking of making a map like this where u have to bomb stuff in daylight with the mighty US air force.
Cool, but where are you getting the planes?
Not sure what the game mode would be tho, maybe the devs would make a objective defend and destroy game mode.
There are provisions for Objective mode maps in the game right now.  See Point du Hoc and Operation Hyacinth.
It was gonna be 4kmx4km with ported bombers from Fh 0.7 but since i cant find BF1942 i cant install FH0.7, plus im working on another map right now.
If you make it a night map you could port bombers from Fh1 since it will be too dark to see the details, and figure out that the bombers are actually from Fh1  :) (you might need someone who knows how to tweak the bombers to get them working with Fh2 weapons)
Like I said, I don't think the FH2 Devs like people porting stuff from FH1 into FH2.

Heres my ideas to you,

Make the map big with a sea inbetween.
Make most of the map offlimits to ground forces.
Use the low res statics and copy and place them all over you map (realisticly and carefully)
Only make a small area of the map, say 1-2kmsq useable for ground forces and detail the part of the map like totalize and place cps, factories, aa etc. This area will be the only part of the map where the ground forces can move around in, by making a combat zone there so they can wonder outside to discover most of the map is made from lo-res statics!
Set the combat zones so they only apply for ground vehicles and not planes, this means the planes can use the glorious 4kmx4km of airspace they need.
Wasn't The Warrior making a map like that already?

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-10-2009, 22:10:18 »
Oh right i didnt know the devs didnt want people porting stuff from Fh1  :-X
Yeah i was kinda wondering why point du hoc didnt have the GPF155 guns as the objective yet, i guess it isnt finished as a game mode.
Yeah warrior is making a BoB/Op Sealion map. But isnt BoB and bombing the Reich basically the same thing by reversed attackers and defenders and in the dark.
Im just saying from a practical point of view thats how i would do it, or else it would take a long time to make and might be quite laggy.
elanders the mapper so ill see where he goes with this, sounds like i could be pretty epic.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-10-2009, 22:10:11 »
The Guns spawn on PdH only when the US cap the Farm flag and even then only in Multiplayer.  They work fine.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-10-2009, 00:10:27 »
The FH2 Devs are against people porting stuff directly from FH1 into FH2, IIRC.

Most likely because adding too many BF42 stuff on a map will make it crash (or so they claim)
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Neri

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-10-2009, 00:10:34 »
Natty's ida is still damn cool. Blow up railways with German guards in train etc.  :o

Nooo! make them blow some submarines!

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-10-2009, 00:10:33 »
Are the GPF155 guns useable yet, last time i tried on my own map i coulndt enter them. maybe vehicle lock was on.
Paasky are your planes from FH1? Cuz i saw you thread looks like the soviets might come early.  :o

I think the devs dont want people using the Fh1 stuff cuz it kinda ruins the immersion of Fh2. (I kinda agree) Since most of the stuff now is really high quality i dont think they want people putting Fh1 stuff in cuz it just looks bad, compared to everything else.
But i guess they can be used as placeholders cant they?

Destroying stuff in German territory sounds like such fun, cant wait until a objective mode comes out.
Also what would be cool in my opinion is having bombers and when u get shot down u gotta all bail out (if u dont die), so now all your crew is behind enemy lines. and you gotta try and escape capture and get to someplace.
While the germans manning the aa on the ground chase you down...

FH2 would be good also if there where wave respawns so eveyone attacked at one making the battle seem more intense, if there was wave respawns there could be a rediculosly long spawn time until you can spawn back into a bomber formation again. Making people want to survive and not just die in the crash so they can get another plane.

azreal

« Reply #14 on: 10-10-2009, 01:10:09 »
are the GPF155 guns useable yet, last time i tried on my own map i coulndt enter them
there aren't supposed to be usable. only there to be blown up.

Paasky are your planes from FH1? Cuz i saw you thread looks like the soviets might come early.
no, he has modeled every one of em.

I think the devs dont want people using the Fh1 stuff cuz it kinda ruins the immersion of Fh2.
that...and you need permission...and FH1 models have lots of broken vertices which can crash a server.

cant wait until a objective mode comes out
it already is...wat do you think the point of Op. Hyacinth is? There is no true objective mode in FH2. Only conquest with certain vehicles that have to be destroyed. When they are the flag that they are tied to changes teams.