Author Topic: Does the bleed effect really add to game-play?  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Does the bleed effect really add to game-play?
« Reply #15 on: 21-10-2009, 13:10:09 »
Play vanilla and FH2/PR, as both have bleeding effect.

You'll appreciate that your precious aiming skills aren't going to be wasted. In vanilla i shot one bots with 1 full magazine, and managed to land 5 hits, he got barely < 20% health and his grenade killed me. He is going to live another day and continue with whatever he is planning to do.

In FH2, i sprayed full auto weapon bullets like it is meant to be. Not concentrating on gaining scores, because i know that one of two shots that unintentionally hit the target but doesn't kill will eventually gives me the credit, thanks to the bleeding system. And they'll think twice when trying to charge the opposition eventhough they know that one shot doesn't always kill. So SAW in PR will behave and be used like its real counterparts' function rather than "ammo boxed-sniper gun" thing.

Offline IcratoX

• Operations Director, Forgotten Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21-10-2009, 13:10:05 »
It is something I can't miss anymore in the FH2 mod. The bleeding effect.

I think it add's a sort of realism to it, and when you get shot, it is or using the bandage, or move further and still die. So, not anymore a lot of running and shooting.
In time of Peace, Prepare for War.

Offline Dee-Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-10-2009, 14:10:46 »
Well I would agree with the logic here if one didn't carry ones own bandages. If it would required you to see a medic, then I'd agree, it adds to game-play, but not in its current state.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #18 on: 21-10-2009, 14:10:52 »
Well I would agree with the logic here if one didn't carry ones own bandages. If it would required you to see a medic, then I'd agree, it adds to game-play, but not in its current state.

Am I the only one who misses the medic role... I'm not thinking 'resurrections', but the ability to heal team mates and get more bang for your dollar than a pistol.  Historically inaccurate yeah yeah, anyway stop the thread warp vote bleed!
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-10-2009, 14:10:51 »
Yes it does, when you innjure an enemy badly but don't kill him outright you still need a way of giving you an advantage over this enemy. Bleed does just that.  Even if you rarely experience it, why bother something you don't really notice?

Try using the M1 carbine. It will make people bleed with one shot. In nearly all cases, they will drop to the ground, not shoot back, and be unable to sprint, as is intended. This makes the follow up shot to finish your opponent off much easier. It actually affects gameplay a lot when using the carbine. However, with full caliber weapons it doesn't affect gameplay much, as your opponent will only bleed with the very rare limb shot.

Keep in mind, rarely will people die from bleeding out, but rather they'll be disoriented, which is the purpose of our bleed system.
What he said.

I'd rather discuss the supression effect and strenght... ;)   :P

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-10-2009, 14:10:56 »
Well I would agree with the logic here if one didn't carry ones own bandages...

It is only one bandage. Quite a few times I've been shot, used my bandage, then been shot again and bled to death...

Am I the only one who misses the medic role...

Isn't there a medic kit with 8 bandages?

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-10-2009, 14:10:52 »

Am I the only one who misses the medic role...

Isn't there a medic kit with 8 bandages?

As a pick up kit, yes.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-10-2009, 20:10:57 »
Maybe, but I just think its odd to add features that really don't add much. Its like spending hours designing a new vehicle, and then only use it on one map, with a very long respawn timer.

Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but the devs are perfectionists when it comes to their baby. They are happy, (ok wrong word) they are willing, to spend days and even months on the smallest details of this game. This is why we must wait ages for updates. But it is also why the mod is of far higher quality than almost any commercially released game.

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-10-2009, 22:10:58 »
I like it.

Wounding often took 2-3 people out of battle, because healthy comrades tended to help their injured squad or platoon mates.  The bleeding effect adds this to the mod.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21-10-2009, 22:10:53 »
I love bleeding to death.  Seriously.  If I get shot and use my bandage, then start fighting again, only to get grazed by a low power round or a piece of shrapnel, I frantically search around for any dropped kits or ammo boxes nearby, so I can get a new bandage and keep fighting.  If there is no way to get another bandage, I will suck it up and continue fighting in my diminished state until another bullet or my wounds finally do me in.  It's just one of those awesome things you can do.  If you do manage to kill someone in your drunk and blind state, you can then steal their kit and continue fighting by using their bandage.  It's an awesome feeling to fight your way to your salvation and finally stop the bleeding after a short firefight.

Also, for people asking for a "medic" type class, you do know that the SL kit now comes with 3 or 4 bandages, right?  If someone needs it, remind them to tell you and return to your position so you can heal them up.  It should keep them in the fight longer, and might even lead to those "long, drawn out firefights" that many people are asking for, if two opposing sides keep healing their buddies.  But that's kind of out of the scale of this topic.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22-10-2009, 00:10:15 »
If you do manage to kill someone in your drunk and blind state, you can then steal their kit and continue fighting by using their bandage.  It's an awesome feeling to fight your way to your salvation and finally stop the bleeding after a short firefight.

THis.

I love bleeding when I'm in a fight, and I can focus just enough to kill my adversary just in time to pull out the bandage.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22-10-2009, 04:10:13 »
I love bleeding to death.  Seriously.  If I get shot and use my bandage, then start fighting again, only to get grazed by a low power round or a piece of shrapnel, I frantically search around for any dropped kits or ammo boxes nearby, so I can get a new bandage and keep fighting.  If there is no way to get another bandage, I will suck it up and continue fighting in my diminished state until another bullet or my wounds finally do me in.  It's just one of those awesome things you can do.  If you do manage to kill someone in your drunk and blind state, you can then steal their kit and continue fighting by using their bandage.  It's an awesome feeling to fight your way to your salvation and finally stop the bleeding after a short firefight.

Also, for people asking for a "medic" type class, you do know that the SL kit now comes with 3 or 4 bandages, right?  If someone needs it, remind them to tell you and return to your position so you can heal them up.  It should keep them in the fight longer, and might even lead to those "long, drawn out firefights" that many people are asking for, if two opposing sides keep healing their buddies.  But that's kind of out of the scale of this topic.
What he said

Offline CBCRonin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23-10-2009, 07:10:35 »
It adds even more to the experience if you scream like Rambo (when using your bandage)..... just make sure your mike is off  ;D.

Offline Zulnex

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24-10-2009, 17:10:39 »
if you barely notice it, WHY remove it? can't it just remain there anyway. Why do we have to remove something that is "unneccesary".
besides, the bleed effect is great.

Now just increase the suppression effect like it was in 2.0 and I'll be a happy camper ;)

I agree as well. The bleed effect is great and it adds to the realism of the game.

Offline HadrianBT

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24-10-2009, 19:10:16 »
AFAIK, the Medic pick-up kit has infinite bandages, i.e. it has one which regenerates after a short time.

The bandage also helps to simulate you getting some heavy medical treatment. I often take my time to heal myself completely when I am next to an ammo box. Saved me multiple times at PDH in the underground bunker!
Proud member of CWC dev team (voice-recording).
"im sorry,but you sound like an old grumpy man listening to rock music" AngryBeaver
"Some argue that the only thing in the world you cannot get used to is an icicle up yours, because it will melt" Kelmola