Author Topic: Noob question-squad leader  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Sgt. Destruction

• View Profile
Noob question-squad leader
« on: 11-11-2009, 19:11:01 »
I'm never a squad leader but when I am how do you assign your objective.  I've seen the smoke flare and the line pointing to it but dang if I can figure out how to do it.  A quick search only turned up commander tutorials. 

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: Noob question-squad leader
« Reply #1 on: 11-11-2009, 19:11:42 »
Aim at a place, press T and order something (like attack, move, defend, mine, or destroy, etc), just like when you want to say something with commorose 'Q' key.

Each command pops different smoke colour. For example, "attack" command pops orange smokes.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-11-2009, 20:11:14 »
When ingame, hit the 'delete' button above the arrow keys. It will bring you to the squad menu screen. In the squad menu screen right click on the map. It will show a list of orders then for you choose with the left mouse button.

Alternatively you can press 'T' to bring up the secondary radio channel. You'll get a menu to choose the same orders as given in the squad menu, just for you to right click into the landscape to adress an order. Works the same way as giving orders in Opertion Flashpoint Dragon Rising or Brothers in Arms.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-11-2009, 00:11:18 »
When ingame, hit the 'delete' button above the arrow keys. It will bring you to the squad menu screen. In the squad menu screen right click on the map. It will show a list of orders then for you choose with the left mouse button.
For me, Caps lock is standard for bringing this menu screen up.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-11-2009, 00:11:35 »
It is capslock, but assigning it to something else isn't a half bad idea...

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-11-2009, 01:11:29 »
really? capslock? sorry for the misguide.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline savagewarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-11-2009, 03:11:33 »
I cannot figure out where the play button is ive logged in and everything but it wont let me play . mostly because i dont know where to go on the home page to play i just cant find it. If you can can you lead me step by step where i go to play the game and everything Please.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-11-2009, 09:11:36 »
Start the game using the FH2 shortcut on your desktop. You do have the mod installed ??

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Hawk2k9

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-11-2009, 12:11:42 »
I know it's hard and even aristotle knew about this problem but....the pure possession of nous is not enough. You actually have to MAKE USE OF IT. Leaning back and let others give you detailed instructions won't bring you any further in life. You'll have to put some effort in this for yourself.

This is a modificiation (and therefore not standalone) for a game (Battlefield 2) and it does not come with some super easy shoopey-whoopey fancy play button on the page then you might expect for some silly Steam game where everything goes automatically (which leads to a general dullness of the mind in my opinion). Now, are you still sure you're up to the endeavor?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-11-2009, 20:11:38 »

Yesterday I used Delete, but when I gave an order, I changed squad automatically. There was this guy who followed me into a new squad everytime, and he told me I switched like 3 times uring a round, kind of annoying.

When using Insert, it worked properly.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-11-2009, 20:11:28 »

Yesterday I used Delete, but when I gave an order, I changed squad automatically. There was this guy who followed me into a new squad everytime, and he told me I switched like 3 times uring a round, kind of annoying.

When using Insert, it worked properly.

Most annoying control ever.  Get rid of the "Create New Squad" control immediately, it is needless and annoying when it forces you to abandon your squad and make a new one by accident.

konti

« Reply #11 on: 27-11-2009, 17:11:21 »
I suggest to take cover and then use the squad-menu to give orders. This is much better than using a key, cause you don't need to view and aim with the crosshairs.