Author Topic: Great Job!  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Pixelnaut152

• View Profile
Great Job!
« on: 08-08-2015, 03:08:55 »
I just wanted to stop in and say great job with FH2. I wish I wouldn't have missed it years ago, but I was a DoD addict back in the day, but FH is just fantastic. I wish I would've came across it sooner.

I've been craving a WW2 game / mod and this is what I've been looking for. Is there any current plan to try and go Stand Alone or do anything to try and gain some population back?

Thanks

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
Re: Great Job!
« Reply #1 on: 08-08-2015, 06:08:43 »
*cough*Word on the street is that FH2 will go standalone like Project Reality either on the next patch (which will add Pegasus bridge and some other stuff) or the next next patch which will probably be the Eastern Front *cough*

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-08-2015, 07:08:52 »
Who says FH2 will go standalone, other than a dev looking to see if PR falls on it's ass within a years time before considering it more?

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-08-2015, 07:08:54 »
Idk mate. Its the sensible thing to do, asap.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-08-2015, 12:08:00 »
I've been craving a WW2 game / mod and this is what I've been looking for. Is there any current plan to try and go Stand Alone or do anything to try and gain some population back?
I think it's what everybody in this community wants, and devs seem to like the idea of going standalone as well, at least some of them, but they never gave us any official statement on this subject, because, as I believe, they still discussing it in their hidden secret laboratory, or maybe they're already working on it but they haven't told us yet. We need to wait and see, but it's hard to say will it happen for sure. FH2 dev team is pretty small but as a beta testers, who can see at least some of the progress behind the scenes, I can assure you that devs are extremely busy with loads of other stuff and to be realistic, FH2 standalone is rather unlikely in the nearest future, but hey, devs proved in the past that they're good at making surprises! ;)

Offline Pixelnaut152

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-08-2015, 21:08:28 »
Thanks for the responses guys.

For the most part, kind of what I expected to hear. Hopefully one day a Stand Alone will be a reality. Especially with none of the big guys doing anything in the WW2 genre, I think all it would take is FH to go on Steam as a Stand Alone and our population issues are over.

It just really surprises me that during U.S. peak times it's not more active. :(

Thanks.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-08-2015, 23:08:12 »
It just really surprises me that during U.S. peak times it's not more active. :(
Hey pixelnaut, check this thread http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16791.0

It's the thread for the US community and as you can see, they hold regular Thursday meetings. With the summer things are a tad slower than usual, but I'm sure it will pick up again soon, keep an eye on it.

And otherwise, just join in on 762 where us Euros are shooting each other :)

Offline 69rat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-09-2015, 03:09:36 »
Thanks for the responses guys.

For the most part, kind of what I expected to hear. Hopefully one day a Stand Alone will be a reality. Especially with none of the big guys doing anything in the WW2 genre, I think all it would take is FH to go on Steam as a Stand Alone and our population issues are over.

Thanks.
a small group of north american players play every thursday. usually starts around 5pm pst.  its a small but loyal crowd. always room for one more :)
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16791.1125

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08-09-2015, 16:09:57 »
Guess I just hop unto this thread instead of opening a really new one for my rather puny question, as it fits, roughly, the direction that I was aiming at.

Is there something like a general, rough roadmap for what the devs aim to do with the mod in the future, beyond releasing and fleshing out the Eastern front, of course?
I only had a brief look behind the scenes as a beta tester and it was way back, but at that time, from what I can recollect from my impressions in the test sessions and on the internal board, it felt as if at that time there was something like that, even it was not laid out plainly in a compressed fashion.

I'd be glad if someone could share anything if possible, as little as it might be, albeit I get it if that would touch something that is not supposed to said on the public forums. :)

Cheers guys, keep up the great work as ever.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08-09-2015, 18:09:47 »
I'd be glad if someone could share anything if possible, as little as it might be, albeit I get it if that would touch something that is not supposed to said on the public forums. :)
it's classified ;)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-09-2015, 21:09:53 »

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-09-2015, 13:09:45 »
it's classified ;)

Offline andrej_111

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-11-2015, 17:11:06 »
Friends thank you for an interesting and realistic game.Thanks for the Eastern front.