Author Topic: FILEFRONT SEEMS TO BE BACK ONLINE!  (Read 6928 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: FILEFRONT SEEMS TO BE BACK ONLINE!
« Reply #60 on: 02-04-2009, 00:04:44 »
My first thought was "Kudos to them, they really put lots of effort into a huge April-1st-joke, but t´s too odd with all the wierd posts and reports....
IMO it´s better to move on and stick to this board. Let the old FF forum die in honour and concentrate on the future...
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02-04-2009, 01:04:39 »
My first thought was "Kudos to them, they really put lots of effort into a huge April-1st-joke, but t´s too odd with all the wierd posts and reports....
IMO it´s better to move on and stick to this board. Let the old FF forum die in honour and concentrate on the future...
Yep FH has needed a its own forums for a long time now... so this is an opportunity for that to happen. These boards are fantastic and once we settle in, it will be just like old times.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline UB3R_SN1P3R

• w00t
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02-04-2009, 02:04:50 »
If this was an AF joke I will be so pissed....

Offline Ccharge

• Can we just say we went?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02-04-2009, 03:04:25 »
hmmm.... seeing as filefront has so many people who love it i can imagine how bad this is going to damage there reputation.
<insert fancy signature here>

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02-04-2009, 05:04:26 »
I'm so confused.  Can't we go pack to my original idea of setting random things on fire?

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02-04-2009, 08:04:00 »
a feature I definitely like with this new forum:

"Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post"
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02-04-2009, 15:04:29 »
If this was an AF joke I will be so pissed....
It wasn't a joke, just unfortinate timing. Filefront as been reacquired by it's orginal owners from the evil hands of Ziff Davis (who dumped FF like a cheap hooker) at the very last moment before she would have been lost for ever.

See: welcome.filefront.com
FileFront has been acquired by the original founders of the site and will NOT be suspended as previously announced. This is NOT an April Fool's Joke.

After learning about Ziff Davis Media's plan to shut down FileFront at the end of March, the original founders of FileFront made the decision to buy it back from Ziff Davis Media.

We're happy to announce to the gaming community that as of today, April 1st, 2009, FileFront is a completely independent company again and is no longer part of Ziff Davis Media. All previously suspended services should be active and working again. We thank Ziff Davis Media for their cooperation and willingness to keep the site and community alive.

Due to the very unfortunate timing of this event and related announcements on March 24th and April 1st (April Fool's Day), we'd like to make it perfectly clear that:

1) The March 24th announcement about FileFront shutting down was NOT an early April Fool's joke and Ziff Davis Media had every intention of shutting down FileFront by the end of March.

2) This announcement about the original founders buying back FileFront from Ziff Davis Media is also NOT an April Fool's joke.

3) We're making this announcement on April 1st because the deal was completed today and we want to bring all services back online immediately.

4) We would NEVER shut down FileFront as an April Fool's joke.

5) We are happy to be back!

FileFront has existed in one form or another (originally as FileLeech and Voodoo Extreme's downloads) since 1997. In the last 12 years, FileFront has become the gaming community's most comprehensive and trafficked library hosting millions of files for thousands of games while requiring no registration and providing uncapped download speeds. We look forward to improving FileFront and serving the gaming community for years to come.

Welcome home. Game On!

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #67 on: 02-04-2009, 16:04:56 »
I'm so confused.  Can't we go pack to my original idea of setting random things on fire?

I agree...Lets take a lesson from history and pull a Cortes...Gather what we can/want from the old forums and set fire to them.  That way there will be no turning back.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Recon-Team

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 02-04-2009, 19:04:34 »
Let it burn I say. These a good forums for a good mod.

I was involved in the CoH/DoW community for awhile, helped backup some files and then this happens. I don't plan on going back.

Unless they trim off some "fat" probably including all the forums and some of the smaller/inactive subsites, I don't know if they can survive the current economic conditions.

Offline LordKhaine

• I sing the body electric...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02-04-2009, 19:04:48 »
Better in the long run to stay here, surely. When you have more control of the forum, you can cope far better in the future to keep that history intact (backup the database etc.). The forums at filefront are presumably outside their control, and sooner or later that history will be lost. I don't know if anyone around here was an Unreal Tournament player back in the UT99 days, but PlanetUnreal kind of forked as the site admins went independent to form BeyondUnreal. And it turned out to be a great thing, especially for the forums (which are still going strong now... with posts/accounts still active from the 90's..).

On the downside... I'll miss having a forum account with a join date from 2003... it made me feel so... superior to new people  ;)
~LordKhaine~/~Arachidamia~

Offline jumjum

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 03-04-2009, 06:04:33 »
Why don't we just allow some freedom of choice?
Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes.....

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 03-04-2009, 10:04:06 »
If both forums stay up, I'll probably jump between them.

Although I like this one better.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 03-04-2009, 12:04:46 »
I think they may leave the FH Off topic section up on filefront.

Thats what I heard, anyway  :).