Author Topic: Archive of National Museum of Health and Medicine - Media  (Read 928 times)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Hey guys,
I just randomly stumbled upon this.
The institution named above has begun to publish photographs and illustrations of the U.S. military since the 19th century, ranging from photographs over sketches and educational posters to x-ray images etc.; it's of course just a selection, but they are currently digitalizing all their media.
I thought maybe it might be interesting someone, I think it's definitely worth a look what happened to the soldiers not just on the battlefield, but after that.

Anyway, be advised that this contains some explicitly graphical material that some may find forbidding.
(Example, text to an x-ray image:
"0.50 caliber bullet wound of the face. Injured while heating 0.50 caliber incendiary machine gun bullet with a blowtorch while manufacturing an ash tray. Entrance just below right eyebrow. 11 days after injury, patient began hemorrhaging; blood flow so profuse it was impossible to carry out emergency procedures. Patient deceased. World War 2. 4th General Hospital.")

Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/medicalmuseum

Greetings, Schneider

Biiviz

Re: Archive of National Museum of Health and Medicine - Media
« Reply #1 on: 30-03-2009, 12:03:25 »
I don't get it. He tried to weld an ash tray from a .50 cal round without removing the bullet and gunpowder?

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile

Biiviz

Re: Archive of National Museum of Health and Medicine - Media
« Reply #3 on: 30-03-2009, 14:03:05 »
Wow. That's... really stupid.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile