Author Topic: Find players, now soldier!  (Read 963 times)

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
Find players, now soldier!
« on: 13-01-2017, 22:01:53 »
Good evening!

I feel very sad this evening...

As the time goes by, we lose players... And when FH tournament is going on, we are less than 40 (20 per team) to play on common server...

What a ******* shame!

You could have hoped to have full (or nearly) server each evening but now, it's more likely to happen only on saturday evening!

How sad, really!

I'm so pissed by the FH thing! tonight it's 34 on CMP server, 8 on #2, and 55 on FH T!

Splitting the community will ruin it!

FH2 is too great for that! I miss the 50 against 50 mess!

Anyone has ever thought of a way of gaining players or Something?!

Damn, so frustrated!

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Find players, now soldier!
« Reply #1 on: 14-01-2017, 00:01:20 »
Recruiting new players is the big question. FH2 is very niche right now, more or less the same people play day in and day out. New players are hard to come by and it gets harder because the learning curve gets tougher (having a new person play on the 1 server populated with seasoned FH2 veterans that smoke him at every turn is discouraging :P)

I don't really have an answer :-\

I like the idea of putting more effort into making the small layers of maps, this helps when the server numbers are dying. TS has been working on that for a few maps slowly.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-01-2017, 00:01:46 »
You can always join the tournament.  That way you can have 50 v 50 every Friday with a more serious gameplay.

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-01-2017, 01:01:02 »
Well hell no!

And tonight you were 55 in total. I like to be free in FH2, i dont use VOIP, i enjoy the ambience of the game.

But i'm really worried about the ending of FH2... Sooner or (hopefully) later it'll pass away. And i wonder if any game will be as passionate, as accurate, as epic than our dear FH2...

I think maybe Postscriptum but hey... That's not the topic huh?!

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-01-2017, 13:01:01 »
I think its not "FH2 has no player income"
Fh2 has quite number of incoming players,but its incomng-leaving ratio of players is almost 1 : 1/1.1  Just notice,there are always new names on server,but people are leaving game too often. And with that ratio,Fh2 is lower and lower but slowly.And FH campaigns just,not on purpose, make community split. But it will be like that always and was before.

Just curiosity,is WaW comunity dead?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-01-2017, 17:01:12 »
Just curiosity,is WaW comunity dead?

The WaW community isn't dead per-se, but it doesn't have any FH2 tournament battles anymore due to lack of attendance for a while now. 

WaW is going to be holding an ARMA 3 event using Iron Front 3 Lite and other WW2 addons in the near future, though!
« Last Edit: 14-01-2017, 17:01:25 by Wilhelm »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-01-2017, 19:01:54 »
FYI, the tournaments only "split" the community on battle day.  In fact a lot of people install FH2 just to play in tournaments.  These activities only bring people to FH2.  It makes no sense to think they are driving people away.  These days, when pubbies look at the FHT battle server and wish everyone was playing with them, tournament players are looking at the pubby server and wishing those people would join the battle.  Why don't we all be a little more cooperative with each other instead creating fake drama every time something new happens?

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-01-2017, 00:01:05 »
Honestly, it's a tribute to the mod's quality that servers are still so constantly full. The last few weekends there have been times I had to wait for someone to quit to get on the 100 player server - that's the first time that's happened to me since we went beyond 64 players.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15-01-2017, 02:01:22 »
^ true, this mod will officially be a decade old next December :)

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-01-2017, 03:01:58 »
CMP nowadays even further dividing this niche playerbase isn't good practice either.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15-01-2017, 07:01:35 »
CMP nowadays even further dividing this niche playerbase isn't good practice either.

The CMP server is doing just fine.  It is the half dozen refuseniks on the other server that are dividing the community, but not by much.  In fact, most multi-players happily play the CMP and even join the tournament leaving a small grumpy minority who don't like either.  The community not really divided.

Anyway this thread is about how to find new players, I think.  Bitching about the small player base not doing the same thing everyday doesn't address that.  More activities and more content will not keep new players away.  That's just illogical.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15-01-2017, 10:01:49 »
Honestly, it's a tribute to the mod's quality that servers are still so constantly full. The last few weekends there have been times I had to wait for someone to quit to get on the 100 player server - that's the first time that's happened to me since we went beyond 64 players.
Exactly, I was playing Siege of Tobruk and there was 60+ players just yesterday. Sometimes on the weekends there can be 100 players on the server, but the ping is annoying.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)