Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65215 times)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #45 on: 18-04-2013, 01:04:23 »
 A canteen of water for health increase? Maybe on Desert maps

Suppose im out of bandages.....

just tossed that out there
 :P

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19-04-2013, 19:04:58 »
I must just have good luck sometimes, because I know i've killed shermans from the front with the faust 30.
Sure that it wasn´t damaged already? I´ve made the experience that in about 90% of the cases a frontal hit from the Panzerfaust won´t finish a Sherman. M4A3, M4A4, M4A1 with the 76mm gun have even more frontal protection than the regular M4A1 and I´m almost certain it´s impossible to oneshot them frontally with a Faust. Could be that the standard M4A1 can be killed in some instances with one frontal hit by the Panzerfaust - but if so, it doesn´t happen very often.

M4A3s on the other hand are annoying as hell as nearly nothing can take care of them with one shot frontally.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19-04-2013, 19:04:59 »
One thing I really want to see changed about bazooka/schrek (and maybe even anti-tank rifles), regardless of damage or whatever, is that I think if you hold your aim perfectly still for a set amount of time, your shot should go lazer-straight. What this time should be, I don't care: 3-5 seconds is my idea.

Right now the system for zooks/schreks is basically:

Aim for 0-1 second: shot could go anywhere, but you occasionally hit the target
Aim for 1-2 seconds: shot is slightly more accurate, but still could go anywhere.
etc etc.

The problem is that there is no upper limit where you are assured accuracy. There is no line in the sand drawn where you can think "Right, I've counted 5 Mississippis, now prepare to die". You can lie prone aiming perfectly at a stationary tank for 10 seconds if you want, even longer, and you still might shoot the zook round directly into the ground in front of you for no reason, or send a schrek round sailing useless miles overhead. Right now, it's honestly a better tactic (and I use the schrek at every opportunity) to fire immediately, because you can get all 3 rounds off aimed just as well as if you took the time to aim the 1st round, which is probably going be a daisy cutter anyway, so why bother being patient and aiming at all?

So what I think would be a better system is to make them slightly more innacurate if you're only aiming for 0-2 secs, but once you have aimed (and kept still, not moved) for 4 or 5 seconds, you should be benefitted by knowing your rocket will go where you aimed it. And if you aimed well, good, if you aimed badly, better luck next time. I think if you are a good enough player that you can nail a moving tank from 200 yards with a panzerschrek by aiming where it was going to be FIVE FUCKING SECONDS before it got there, you should at least know your round is going to go where you aimed it, and hopefully once again it will do the damage it's supposed to as well.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19-04-2013, 20:04:01 »
I really hate it when your shoot the PZ Faust/Bazooka/Panzerschreck/PIAT, or even infantry weapons, then when you try to shoot they go "ssssssttttt" before you die suddenly (i.e. Bazooka/PZ Faust/Panzerschreck).
 As Christie said ;)
« Last Edit: 19-04-2013, 20:04:41 by Roughbeak »

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20-04-2013, 00:04:26 »
Okay again do you have the experience that the Faust 60 cant kill Shermans to the front? That would be very strange to me.
Or just with Panzerfaust 30.
Again big difference.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 20-04-2013, 12:04:51 »
Okay again do you have the experience that the Faust 60 cant kill Shermans to the front? That would be very strange to me.
Or just with Panzerfaust 30.
Again big difference.
Considering I wrote that M4A3s are annoying and can´t be killed with one shot to the frontal armour and on all maps with them there is a Panzerfaust 60 (Cobra doesn´t have a Panzerfaust to my knowledge), it´s save to say that the Panzerfaust 60 has those problems too.

They already had this retarded frontal armour before 2.45 though.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20-04-2013, 12:04:52 »
Your right could have knows this, wasnt thinking.

Hm hoenstly I have to say that I dont have problems killing M4A3 with the Panzerfaust 60 to the front. In my experience the Faust 60 get those M4A3 Shermans even at non perfect angels.

Faust 30 is a completly different thing oof course

Might ask Gloeckner what he says...

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 20-04-2013, 13:04:52 »
Here is one small thing that could be easily fixed and makes me rage: make all the entering radiuses for static positions bigger. My fuck is it a piss-off when your airfield is getting raped, and you are wasting precious seconds hammering the space bar trying to jump over rubble on the ground and wheels and stands and whatnot around Bofors, flak etc. trying to enter it. You're literally standing on the AA gun, but can't enter it.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24-04-2013, 19:04:37 »
I've noticed that there were released Custom mappacks for FH1. So, my question is - why we don't have such mappacks for FH2? I've noticed that we have plenty of beautiful custom maps for FH2 and I wonder why we don't have them in game...

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24-04-2013, 19:04:21 »
"Because they don't meet FH2 standards."
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24-04-2013, 19:04:07 »
"Because they don't meet FH2 standards."

That's why they are called "custom"...  ::)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 24-04-2013, 19:04:51 »
I'm quoting. No need to convince me.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24-04-2013, 19:04:28 »
Darn, Warsaw Uprising 1944 and Battle for Stonne would be really cool if made official.  8)

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24-04-2013, 19:04:53 »
No wonder why people quit after 2-4 weeks after releasing new patch - because they are simply getting bored by playing the same maps all the time... Of course it's partially server's maplist fault, but anyway FH2 needs more maps! Custom mappack is the solution!

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25-04-2013, 00:04:26 »
You know why a lot of players play the same maps all the time? Because they're cunts who refuse to play with less than 60 people on the server, so they never play 16/32-size maps at all, which is 2/3rds of the entire map base of FH2. Even worse is the same routine every day:

762 #1 (64) has a completely random rotation every day
762 #4 (128) has the exact same thing.

Every day, people join the 64 and wait for it to be full, which it is for 5-6 maps, before people start asking "Is the 128 server up yet?" or "Should we go to 128"? For some ridiculous reason a good chunk of the player base believes the 128 server isn't open until the 64 fills up, even though it's literally 2 spots below it in the server list when you update it. So after 64 people have played 5-6-7-8-9-10 or even more maps, everyone finally gives in and goes to the 128 server, which is running a different random rotation but of the exact same maps, so people wind up doing the same maps they did on the 64 server. And then they bitch about how "we always do the same maps".