Author Topic: Singleplayer Patch B for Forgotten Hope 2.45 - DOWNLOAD  (Read 14421 times)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Singleplayer Patch B for Forgotten Hope 2.45 - DOWNLOAD
« Reply #15 on: 05-12-2012, 16:12:23 »
Let's continue our investigation through PMs, I just dropped you one.

EDIT: The problem solved, it was not in the patch.
« Last Edit: 05-12-2012, 18:12:57 by gavrant »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-12-2012, 19:12:29 »
Guys, this patch is an update for "THE SINGLEPLAYER 2.45 HOT FIX" aka "THE 2.45 UBER MAPPACK" and includes all the stuff from that hot fix. In other words, you don't need that hot fix any more.

Ksl94, how was your all-day-long FH2 session? ;)

Awesome mate, simply awesome!  ;D Thanks for all the all the endeavours you developers have put into this patch, it was more than worth it! The only crash that I experienced was on Operation Hyacinth. But I was happy that it even worked at all. Now I'll try to find out what may cause this. I will post my assumptions in this thread. Also, the pathfinding on Keren is, simply put, an all-out tragedy, for the map is of sheer and overwhelming beauty but the bots drive their vehicles into the woods and reverse, only to start this gormless action over and over. They should never be allowed to enter areas which contain such a vast amount of greenery and over obstacles like rocks, unless they are able to navigate through them. Actually, this is the most grievous problem that we are suffering from: Bots can't pass through narrow passages like an arch,  gates, clutters of rocks or, and this is worst part of it, bridges. It looks like they estimate that their vehicle has not enough clearance and will collide with the obastacles ahead of them.
I have yet another question: Is there any possibility of a soon release of the 32-size map layers of Eppeldorf 1944 and my beloved Battle of Keren? The navmeshing is already there, so at least from a laymans perspective, it shouldn't be too time consuming to make them available for COOP and SP.

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06-12-2012, 00:12:03 »
Thanks so much for this, I just finished playing through Operation Cobra and Tunis, and the rebuilt maps are great, there are a few more I want to try this evening, but I'm really impressed so far, great work!

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06-12-2012, 17:12:28 »
The only crash that I experienced was on Operation Hyacinth. But I was happy that it even worked at all. Now I'll try to find out what may cause this. I will post my assumptions in this thread.
The goode olde crash in the middle of a round on Hyacinth, is it still here? I remember it since 2.2-something.

Are you going to fix the other maps too, like Ramelle, Meuse River, Battle of Keren ....?
Is there any possibility of a soon release of the 32-size map layers of Eppeldorf 1944 and my beloved Battle of Keren?
Everyone has his/her own favourite maps and there's no particular order in what maps are fixed or rebuilt. So let's do this: if you'd like to see some map(s) to be fixed first, just name the map here, in this topic. The most frequently named maps will get the highest priority in our to do list.  So far we have 2 votes for Keren. Ramelle (it's already underway), Meuse and Eppeldorf got 1 vote each.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07-12-2012, 08:12:33 »
Any word on the Siege of Tobruk crash?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07-12-2012, 09:12:17 »
Well, Siege of Tobruk doesn't crash with this patch. The 15% crash reported earlier was of a different nature, we fixed it.
« Last Edit: 07-12-2012, 09:12:00 by gavrant »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-12-2012, 21:12:18 »
I think that Keren and Mareth Line are the two most unplayable maps that currently are in FH2 and, unfortunately, also two of the most beautiful ones in my opinion. Therefore, I would vote for these two maps.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10-12-2012, 09:12:15 »
What's wrong with Mareth? Runs fine on my computer, and my computer is a heap of crap

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-12-2012, 21:12:12 »
Well, I wasn't referring to performance issues but to gameplay issues. For example, the British bots never use the churchill and the bren carriers at the anteriour spawn points. The bots spawn there, but die immidiately as if they got struck by lightning. Also, they never manage to cross the bridges.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-12-2012, 02:12:18 »
Good point, I think there should actually be a bolt of lightning that kills them instead of them just dropping dead.

Offline DusterBuster

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13-12-2012, 14:12:03 »
Will there be an update for crete too?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-12-2012, 14:12:18 »
Will there be an update for crete too?

I shurely hope so!

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-12-2012, 15:12:53 »
Mmmkay, so far we've got:
  • Keren - 2 votes
  • Mareth Line - 2 votes ("Add lightings (from Anctoville?) or explosions to justify sudden bots deaths. Explain it as divine intervention.")
  • Crete - 2 votes
  • Ramelle - 1 vote
  • Meuse River - 1 vote
  • Eppeldorf - 1 vote

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13-12-2012, 15:12:47 »
+ For Keren,
Although my heart is with Vossenack

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14-12-2012, 06:12:43 »
Might I ask what the difference between co-op support and SP support is?

EDIT: I'd LOVE to see those navmeshed one day

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/news.php?id_news=418
« Last Edit: 14-12-2012, 06:12:43 by titsmcgee852 »