Author Topic: Road to Forgotten Hope 2.4: Part 1  (Read 17090 times)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Re: Road to Forgotten Hope 2.4: Part 1
« Reply #150 on: 12-07-2011, 12:07:37 »
O ill be playing the whole sunday! Ill have to be some extra beer and order some food. Didnt expect it this soon, awsome  8)

So this patch will feature 4 new maps?
O wait, i see more mps in the award/maps section. Clueless ???
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Asator86

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 12-07-2011, 12:07:39 »
Hi guys,

after reading here for about 1 year as a guest I signed up now. A big THANK YOU to the devs for this amazing mod! Cant wait to check out 2.4!

FH2 FTW!!

« Last Edit: 12-07-2011, 12:07:32 by Asator86 »

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 12-07-2011, 12:07:32 »
Maps in the next patch till now:
Meuse River
Eppeldorf
Bastonge
Hürtgenforest
and still 3 days of news till friday!!!! EPicness!

and the best part im 90% sure I passed todays farm! Internetbeer for everyone here!!

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #153 on: 12-07-2011, 12:07:12 »
Thanks Asator86, and welcome to the registered users :D

O wait, i see more mps in the award/maps section. Clueless ???

Those are various maps we've been testing. Some maps are simply not ready for this release yet and some others are tried to review and try out from FH2 dev applicants, Oh and an occasional Eastern Front map just to try out various new equipment from that theater.

We've got some cool maps to show off after 2.4 :)

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 12-07-2011, 12:07:13 »
So ... im gonna wait with opinion ...

... but looks that gonna be a big storm  ;D

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 12-07-2011, 12:07:42 »
Thank you big joe for your answer.
I love/hate/love/hate this mod ;D
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #156 on: 12-07-2011, 13:07:59 »
Suddenly it was like someone was cutting onions right beside me as I flicked through the new images. true story bros

« Last Edit: 12-07-2011, 14:07:27 by von.small »
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline corsair89

• Cannon fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 12-07-2011, 14:07:29 »
Woot \o/

I'm finally on holidays and will be ready to play the moment the password is released....That only happened once for me and it was back when 2.2 was released....Both times are/were a major release !  :D

I'm a bit skeptical with the removal of crosshairs but I'll see. I'm more excited to know what you guys changed with the tanks. As long as you didn't change my deadly Crusader III I'm fine  :P

All in all, good work devs, tadabesters and everyone who helped making this awesome mod ! ;)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 12-07-2011, 14:07:09 »
Re tanks: maybe the devs did finally find a way to have separate hitboxes in BF2 engine? So hitting the driver, tracks, or the engine gives the elusive "mobility kill"; and hitting turret, ammo, or fuel tanks gives the "snap, crackle, boom"? Even if immobilization is not possible, there could still be the distant possibility that the "movement" hitboxes give perhaps 75% of current damage and "explosive" hitboxes 125% of current damage. Would finally make it worthwhile to aim at precise spots instead of the general direction of the tank, and would make "fog shooting" much less effective, especially if hit indicators were removed.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 12-07-2011, 14:07:02 »
Re tanks: maybe the devs did finally find a way to have separate hitboxes in BF2 engine? So hitting the driver, tracks, or the engine gives the elusive "mobility kill"; and hitting turret, ammo, or fuel tanks gives the "snap, crackle, boom"? Even if immobilization is not possible, there could still be the distant possibility that the "movement" hitboxes give perhaps 75% of current damage and "explosive" hitboxes 125% of current damage. Would finally make it worthwhile to aim at precise spots instead of the general direction of the tank, and would make "fog shooting" much less effective, especially if hit indicators were removed.

Doubt it, but maybe they found a way to implement angles at least to some degree, so there won't be Crusaders 1-shot-killing Tigers in NA via an 1o angle...
« Last Edit: 12-07-2011, 14:07:51 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #160 on: 12-07-2011, 14:07:59 »
That's some pretty wishful thinking from the both of you.  Still no way to do any of that.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 12-07-2011, 15:07:14 »
well, i have no clue at all about the changes but i think we can be pretty sure that HVAP and PZGR40 are taken away from Sherman 76, Panzer IV and Puma.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Priestdk

« Reply #162 on: 12-07-2011, 15:07:18 »
Actually removel of the Crosshairs is a good thing for the inf. Combat, people usaly take there time to aim and have ther shot count instead of just unloading, then again it depends if you enter a small building/room with a mp40 and its loadet with enemys ;-P but then again when the crosshairs whas still there it whas also spray and pray, in small narrow places that will proberly newer change.

But personaly i love the removal of the crosshairs, it makes alot of thing alot more interesting. People will learn real fast the importence of aiming and using singlefire/single shot over distance or not hit a dam thing if they use a weapon with full auto fire on full auto fire over medium/long distance.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 12-07-2011, 15:07:58 »
8 pages of comments, and nothing about the awards system?

It seem people either love it or don't care at all. The latter for me, although I do like the drumroll when one pops up ;)

It's great to have finally implemented alongside, since it levels the playing field for every server on this matter. I was wondering about another thing. Could you include some news about changes soundwise? Weapons, creepy snowy winds for example? Are there any?

Such a juicy week 8)

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 12-07-2011, 15:07:28 »
well, i have no clue at all about the changes but i think we can be pretty sure that HVAP and PZGR40 are taken away from Sherman 76, Panzer IV and Puma.

But whats with HEAT ammo for all Panzer IV ( including Ausf F2(G) , H and J ; PzGr40 and HEAT for PAK 40 ; PzGr40 for PAK 38 ??