Author Topic: That's it, thanks for good games everyone  (Read 4671 times)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Re: That's it, thanks for good games everyone
« Reply #15 on: 03-05-2014, 21:05:41 »
cause everyone and their grandma flocked to the 762 servers

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-05-2014, 21:05:02 »
Because 762 had the 128 players code first... it was by the time than there was an tournament with 128 players: WAW against Forgotten Honour.

Eventually, people wanted to be over 128 players servers, and so they got themselfes over 762.

Nowadays, people demand than player numbers would be up to 100-80 (how ironic) and 762 is the only server in FH2: some "corrupt" admins as well as player drops/bans are making people leaving 762 - and eventualy, leaving the FH2 fanbase.

(unless people try to go for other servers like Geopad refered - WAV for example)

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-05-2014, 21:05:01 »
Well I liked your "Teamwork" squad Damaso, was quite fun - even though I only played once or twice with you, it was fun. Perhaps this isn't the appropriate thread, but this thread is all over the place anyway :).

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-05-2014, 21:05:34 »
So what were you kicked for exactly? It sounds like you were kicked for attacking an uncapturable flag (not that you were, but that would have been the rule based on what you say). 762 rules prevent attacking any flag with a red X over it and this to my way of thinking is not a great rule, but the lesser of two evils.

Theoretically there is nothing wrong with you doing this once, and admins are supposed to grant a grace period for you to retreat. The rule is there to stop squads from assaulting flags that they can't capture, laying mines in flags 3 miles behind the front line, and generally just put a stop to at least one aspect of the many things that make FH2 public play fucking excruciating.

The problem with the rule is just human nature: when you (not you personally ajappat) attack an uncap flag you can rationalize a reason why it's okay and when someone else does it they're camping and breaking rules. Admins have no way to tell the difference. This leads to the grace period for defending forces to fall back being applied unevenly, where sometimes a player who is supposed to retreat doesn't but isn't kicked, and a player who does fall back respecting the rules gets booted for returning fire (which theoretically is allowed).

What we are left with is an occurrence of which there are ten variables and no one knows them all, but admins must make a decision either way. It's not an easy rule to enforce but absolutely necessary: even as recently as yesterday, a round of Purple Heart Lane was ruined by American squads sneaking first into FJR-6 position and then capping it instantly the second bridge was capped, and then doing the same thing at both of the last two flags. That is not fun or realistic or enjoyable, and the admins on the American team did a shit job enforcing the rules.

I don't agree with all the rules 762 has but most of them are within the spirit of the game and even then, FH2 feels like BF2 with real weapons more than like a war simulation. No fighting commander is a totally necessary rule: an immensely valuable asset like an experienced commander is needed on a lot of maps, so a rule was made to prevent noobs from applying for commander and then driving off in a tank.

As far as I'm concerned (as an admin of both 762 and WaW public servers) the less rules the better. I want this mod to succeed. I want 100 players on 10 servers around the clock, but let's be realistic here: losing a handful of players who don't like 762's rules is infinitely preferable to losing half the player base because there are no rules, everyone just gets spawnraped constantly and pissed right the fuck off. Neither of those are good scenarios and the ultimate goal should be to make sure neither situation happens, but if it has to be one or the other, whichever loses the least amount of players is the better idea.

Nowadays, people demand than player numbers would be up to 100-80 (how ironic) and 762 is the only server in FH2: some "corrupt" admins as well as player drops/bans are making people leaving 762 - and eventualy, leaving the FH2 fanbase.

(unless people try to go for other servers like Geopad refered - WAV for example)

Corrupt admins didn't ban you. Players got sick of you routinely destroying games with your bullshit "teamwork" like lining up all 8 tanks for Brits on Goodwood and then getting them knocked out one by one by the KT, flying 10 planes with 1 player in them on Crete and ruining the map for your squad, kicking people from your squad for not spawning with smoke when there's a tank 2 feet away from you that everyone else has noticed so they spawn with a zook, and all the other ridiculous shit you've done to make pubby play even more unbearable than it already is. Go read the 762 forums: there are plenty of people that initially defended you, including myself, and you took no one's advice and just did dumber and dumber shit. You treated every battle like it was set up for you personally, wasting assets and wrecking gameplay. Then you come on here and cry about admins conspiring to ban you, even though most players (including myself) went on record both on this forum and on 762 forums defending you as someone who is relatively new, who had the right idea and was genuinely trying to work as a team. You ultimately proved all of your supporters wrong.
« Last Edit: 03-05-2014, 21:05:06 by Christie.Front.Drive »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-05-2014, 21:05:07 »
I still don't know why hslan went down...why?
Because there were no admins on it, so even if there were some players on it there was no one to change the maps, kick the retards etc.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03-05-2014, 21:05:58 »
Damaso is the Squad leader FH2 needs, not the squad leader it deserves.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03-05-2014, 22:05:43 »
C'mon Appajat life outside FH2 isn't as good as it is cranked up to be. Yes you might go out, have amazing three somes
with two hot girls, drink beers with your RL mates and laughs your ass off
until you pee  your pants. But really does this compare to just once .. only once ..seeing
this kill message Appajat [Shoots-in-the-face] MajorIIKoenig

I think we all know the answer to that ladies and gentleman.
Defence rests it's case.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-05-2014, 22:05:34 »
Damaso is the Squad leader FH2 needs, not the squad leader it deserves.

ROFL

But playing on his squad the past month or so was cool

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-05-2014, 22:05:26 »
Because 762 had the 128 players code first... it was by the time than there was an tournament with 128 players: WAW against Forgotten Honour.

Eventually, people wanted to be over 128 players servers, and so they got themselfes over 762.

If you want to be taken serious then atleast get your facts straight. Maybe you should change a few words with people like $kinny Norris or Pureperversions before you go on with your rant based on half knowledge. And please inform yourself atleast why you got banned. You glitched several times and broke server rules several times. Enough is enough. We dropped our player count after several discussions with the devs and players. But good to know that you know, what really happened.

OT:
I haven't seen ajappat for ages on a server so it is quiet equal to me weather he leaves or not, because it doesn't change anything and he hasen't been a member of the active playerbase for several years now. If people would stop whining and do something this mod would be more populated for sure and we had more active servers besides FlH, WaW and 762.

There is still FlH or WaW without 762 server rules if that's the thing that bothers you. We had a nice tournament battle yesterday btw. I see so many people complaining about something but nobody is doing anything about it. If all people would dig their head into the sand like ajappat this mod would have been dead long time ago.

@Bouras: if you want to have a squad leader who team kills his team members on purpose or who spawns batteries of mortars through bug using and glitching then I am not sure whether this mod really needs people like him. We atleast don't need a hacker or teamkiller on our server.

Over and out.  ::)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03-05-2014, 22:05:50 »
Shitty, going a little overboard again? The only guys who can do anything about serverrules are the admins. I'm not saying the rule should be changed because of this post (although I wouldn't mind seeing it go), but it's a bit sad tho start throwing around stuff like "hasn't been a part for ages" etc while you could write something explanatory, like Christie did.

I regret every player who quits the mod, being it with or without a thread like this. I want more guys to shoot at, not less.

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-05-2014, 23:05:22 »

If you want to be taken serious then atleast get your facts straight. Maybe you should change a few words with people like $kinny Norris or Pureperversions before you go on with your rant based on half knowledge. And please inform yourself atleast why you got banned. You glitched several times and broke server rules several times. Enough is enough. We dropped our player count after several discussions with the devs and players. But good to know that you know, what really happened.

OT:
I haven't seen ajappat for ages on a server so it is quiet equal to me weather he leaves or not, because it doesn't change anything and he hasen't been a member of the active playerbase for several years now. If people would stop whining and do something this mod would be more populated for sure and we had more active servers besides FlH, WaW and 762.

There is still FlH or WaW without 762 server rules if that's the thing that bothers you. We had a nice tournament battle yesterday btw. I see so many people complaining about something but nobody is doing anything about it. If all people would dig their head into the sand like ajappat this mod would have been dead long time ago.

@Bouras: if you want to have a squad leader who team kills his team members on purpose or who spawns batteries of mortars through bug using and glitching then I am not sure whether this mod really needs people like him. We atleast don't need a hacker or teamkiller on our server.

Over and out.  ::)

LOL!

"A hacker and a Teamkiller"

"constantly glitching"

Lies.

1st - About the mortar bugs: i didnt made any other glitch EVER after i got 4 week banned for those mortars bug. SO if you're claiming than i was PERMA-BANNED for constant glitching, thats a lie.

2nd - Hacker? never. if you ever claim than im a hacker, thats another hell of a lie - i never cheated/hacked on a game! (exept GTA-SA - that jetpack was awesome! :D )

3rd - About Teamkills: they werent intentional. Usualy, i told people to drop the geballe lauch at the same time in one spot (as you can see, 10 geballe launch charges blowing up at the same time can get some teamkills) so i demand people to LEAVE THE AREA IMEDIATLY AFTER DEPLYING THE CHARGE!
Hoever, since im usualy the first one to deploy, any kill made will count for me... and since usualy there is always 1-2 guys who get caugth by the explosion, they get teamkilled (not on prupose tough)

Besides the Teamkills i ever made, they werent on prupose. So your argument is invalid.

THE REAL REASON WHY I GOT BANNED WAS BECAUSE I SHOWED THIS SCREEN SHOT OVER 762 FORUM - WICH SHOWED UP ODIUM's AND SOME ADMINS PLOT IN ORDER TO CLEAN-ME UP IN A FORMER WAY FROM THE SERVER:

(this was so polemic and disturbing for the 762 image, than i ALSO got banned for 1 week from this forum... so yeah: if i dont reply to this topic, its because i got (probably) banned from the forum.)

And Christie: i actually listened some people, and improved my way in order to get more for the team... but there is always someone bitching ever if you are doing stuff OK... (erhmm erhmm GOTKAY, SANDRE, ect...)

I hope you guys are proud for finaly getting a "reason" to ban me from the server.

And for those who enjoyed the Teamwork squad: dont worry because the Teamwork will return ;)

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03-05-2014, 23:05:07 »
I want them aswell and I am glad that we saw alot of old well known faces coming back with 2.46 and enjoying their stay. Maybe you misunderstood that part a bit. But complaining about server admins here in this forum will bring you nowhere, call it harsh or "going overboard" or however you want it and this is not the right forum to do so btw. It is the reality and Geopat explained it quite good. It is the same thing as if Theta would write a melodramatic post like that. I haven't seen him playing for ages. So if he would open the same threat it would be the same. An empty unifrom less. If you have a problem with the server administration get in contact with the server admins. Maybe there can be something done about the issue.

I see alot more people working together these days within the community and I am damn glad that it is like that. It hasn't been like that since day one and you know it. We are still banging our heads from time to time but it is much more relaxed these days.

I can sit together with people and play with or against them now, whereas stuff like this was impossible some years ago. If you don't like 762 server rules (something that is debatable), you have some clear alternatives, if this mod means really that much to you. Help populating WaW or join the FlH campaign. I don't know whether a simple kick would stop me from playing FH2. I don't think so.

@Damaso: I won't take people serious starting their post with a big LOL.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04-05-2014, 00:05:03 »
My 0.02$, even if Damaso's writing style is a bit juvenile, if he's saying the truth...

Every comment on his arguments against the ban was, in short: "I'm not talking to noobs like you".

Even though I'm not a mod/admin here or anywhere relevant to FH2 server management, I'd like an explanation. That screenshot shows us that you were just waiting for the slightest miss on his part to get to ban him. Disregarding wether or not I like him or his gameplay, that's uncalled for. He says he stopped breaking the rules and exploiting glitches. If he made a squad and had 6 other players throw geballtes or fly Ju52s on Crete in a formation, aren't those players equally subject to bans as well as him? He's not capable of mind control, you know? The whole case is so borderline you show up as downright intolerant.
Sure, he should improve his attitude and gameplay, but this...
« Last Edit: 04-05-2014, 01:05:33 by PanzerKnacker »
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04-05-2014, 00:05:55 »
I stopped playing on 762 because they have perverted the rules to suit themselves.

I have never cheated or fucked around in Fh2 yet I, like many hundreds (if not thousands) of players no longer play and the admin team of 762 has certainly played a role in discouraging the playerbase that should not be over looked.

Explain the screenshot above 762 team, if you are holders of the moral highground.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Potilas

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04-05-2014, 00:05:32 »

I seriously had it with this shit. Partly reason I stopped playing was unjust kicks and bans that happened on 762 and I see nothing has changed.

Ive seen far worse game ruling/judging in most shooter games what i have tried. The power corrupts man. Does anyone have seen police men having ticket for speeding? So naive assume that online game admins are 100% fair.

"Unfairness" is not that common what you try to tell here. Most time they are doing the right thing. I see them as long term fh2 fans and they dont deserve this bullshit.