Author Topic: Aussie Forgotten Hope 2 Pub Night:  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
Aussie Forgotten Hope 2 Pub Night:
« on: 13-01-2010, 11:01:20 »
I am looking to organise an FH2 Pub night on the Aussie AEF FH2 server. This will be a good chance to try the new 2.25 maps & european maps released in 2.2. I would love to hear suggestions for what days / times would be preferable for you guys as well as any particular settings etc you may want on the night.

This is open to anyone who wishes to play.

This would be a good opportunity to get some new players to try the mod as the main factor stopping people playing in Aus is the low numbers on servers at any one time. It would be great to raise the profile of FH2 in Aus.

Please feel free to visit the AEF website for more info. http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef3/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=52939

I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Cheers,
@ce114.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Aussie Forgotten Hope 2 Pub Night:
« Reply #1 on: 14-01-2010, 12:01:25 »
Cool, just say when...(weekends would be best)

:)

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-01-2010, 22:01:45 »
Hey guys, just an update. At this stage I am still waiting for a few people to get back to me. I am looking at Friday or Saturday the 29th or 30th of Jan. Let me know if this fits in or if you would prefer something at the start of Feb.

At this stage I was looking at a mix of maps. With decent numbers I think some of the North African maps will be enjoyable.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers, @ce114

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-01-2010, 10:01:54 »
I'd prefer Saturday because I'm not sure I can make it Friday.

Offline Ace114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-01-2010, 10:01:16 »
Just an update, the 1st pub night has been organised for Friday 29/01/10 kicking off at 7:30pm. More information can be found on the AEF website once again.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-01-2010, 10:01:35 »
Cool...count me in. :)

EDIT: I never knew Anctoville was such an effective server clearer.

I lost my connection shortly before the round on Supercharge ended, when I got back on (Ancto.) almost everyone had left... :(

Oh well...asides from that it was awesome. Too bad there's not that many playing every weekend.

Should do it again soon... :)
« Last Edit: 29-01-2010, 14:01:48 by cannonfodder »

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31-01-2010, 12:01:53 »
I was just talking to one of the AEF guys tonight on their server and from what they told me it is going to held again this Friday (5/02/10) same time (7.30pm Australian Time).

Anctoville IS a server killer. My theory is that not many player have higher end computers and the amount of statics (ie buildings) on that map lag the hell outta there computers.

so it wasn't just me who lost connection to the server near the end of Supercharge... interesting.

I might not be able to make it as I will most likely be attending/enjoying my birthday drinks back in my hometown.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31-01-2010, 13:01:04 »
Excellent. I noticed it drew in quite a few that I haven't seen on there before. I suppose it just goes to show that if there's half a dozen or so people on there it draws more in...

And if memory serves, I dropped out shortly after I noticing the losing side only had 26 tickets left and couldn't rejoin, so I quit to check PB was up to date and by the time I got back on it was a ghost town... :(

Happy B'day for Friday(?)...  ;D

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31-01-2010, 23:01:03 »
Yeah I noticed we even drew a couple Amerikaners into the server. I'm holding the drinks on Saturday, but I'll have to do some travelling on the Friday night back to my hometown.
Although throughout this week i'll be in the AEF server around 7pm NZ time. If no one shows up i'll be in WOLFGaming.
« Last Edit: 01-02-2010, 04:02:14 by LtJimmy »