Author Topic: A FH2 tank fragging video  (Read 10232 times)

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
Re: A FH2 tank fragging video
« Reply #15 on: 03-02-2011, 15:02:19 »
The video was edited nicely, but just like EU said, all those top shot and you clearly abusing game mechanics just made the video lame.

And btw, why do you have so many different nicks? I spotted three.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-02-2011, 15:02:46 »
Well that's FH2 gameplay so it ain't lame. If that's not supposed to happen maybe devs should fix it?

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-02-2011, 15:02:57 »
For the nick, yes I got many many nicks ingame and kingtiger1891 is probably the one with least use ::)

For the top shot, it IS unrealistic like I mentioned hundreds of times in other threads before, but in terms of nice shot, they are just fine.

Offline Pr0z4c

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-02-2011, 15:02:44 »
Boring
make your own then...

I think kingtiger don't need lawyer-masterspammer.
Maybe he's true Panzer-master, but video is boring.

you are boring
Signature is too big

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-02-2011, 16:02:44 »
The video was edited nicely, but just like EU said, all those top shot and you clearly abusing game mechanics just made the video lame.

Exactly. Some of those kills are deserved (the tank being on a height upon a tiger for example) but most of them are just intended exploits, not to mention the few shots over-the-fog-when-you-don't-even-see-the-target.

And last but not least, shooting a Kingtiger and then ramming it to make it selfdestruct when he returns fire, that's not fair play at all.

Nice video on the artistic point of view, but definitively not something I would be proud to show off if I were the guy playing.   :(

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #20 on: 03-02-2011, 16:02:45 »
I really like the Tigerhunting parts around 11:00. Besides from that I have to agree, that abusing the game mechanics is not the fine english way, but I do the same.
« Last Edit: 03-02-2011, 18:02:52 by hslan.totaler_humbug »
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03-02-2011, 16:02:11 »
What's the "top armour hack"? Isn't the top supposed to be less armoured
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03-02-2011, 16:02:43 »
Yes but with the angle of most of the shots it should just bounce. It doesn't because of BF2's limited engine.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03-02-2011, 17:02:07 »
I must agree with Kurt. It's a nice video (the editing and stuff, although I have an objection to the use of the filters - it's been overdone to be honest... FH2 looks good just as it is, but watching this video I felt like staring at a rainbow sometimes) but after some 5 minutes the video/frags became repetitive and boring.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03-02-2011, 17:02:14 »

And last but not least, shooting a Kingtiger and then ramming it to make it selfdestruct when he returns fire, that's not fair play at all.

so exploding vehicles damage vehicles too?i trough i was imagining it, i remeber killing a sherman with a panzerfaust and the m10 that was in front of it exploded atthe same time as the first, but i trough he steped over a mine or something ><
 how does that make sence?

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-02-2011, 17:02:45 »
Hey thanks for showing me the exploits :D Now I will use them all the time in pubs trolololololol.

Hey dude I liked towards the end how you switched from first to third person, and then followed the tank round to target. Plz do more stuff like that. 
« Last Edit: 03-02-2011, 17:02:32 by hankypanky »
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03-02-2011, 17:02:38 »
Not yet to watch it as a whole to give it a full review but that is exactly the gameplay style that I think kills the fun out of FH2. Needs to be done something about such.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03-02-2011, 18:02:47 »
it makes tanking a pzIV the same as a tiger, as they got 1-shot anyway... and DON'T FLY LOW. You could be one of the guys destroying most tigers with a cromwell.

amazing video, and no matter it is "exploit" or not, it is a fair game, you could do that as well. This is for sure the most dreadful tanker you could ever encounter driving any kind of tanks or flying planes low.

you guys say that it is an exploit is probadly due to jealousy that you cannot do the same! (or actually very few people had an aim like this, that's why the devs refuse to change the armour system.) Imagine you're him and you could do the same and why on earth you wouldn't 1-shot a Tiger and instead try to 2-shot it? I respect his skills though I definitely don't liked to be the victim  ;D.

I see this video as a video to be shown to devs about one of the biggest problem in FH2. And how a player is more deadly than an aimbot. (if there was one)
« Last Edit: 03-02-2011, 18:02:32 by General_Henry »

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-02-2011, 18:02:08 »
I suppose everything would be fine if I use Firefly instead of Cromwell ???

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #29 on: 03-02-2011, 18:02:02 »
The problem why this so easily is, that FH2 tanks are sniping accurate. Shotting at commanders cupolas is not that hard on fog distance once you figured out how.

I suppose everything would be fine if I use Firefly instead of Cromwell
No, I respect your aim, but still it´s not how it should work. I don´t care how you kill them, because I do it the same way.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.