Author Topic: Sticky request  (Read 829 times)

Offline Shears

• Red Cross or Iron Cross ? thats the question..
    • View Profile
Sticky request
« on: 12-05-2010, 10:05:48 »
HI Guys,

Ive been watching the Sp forum for a long time and finally I decided to register.
Now I can start annoying everyone ;D ;D
Would it be OK to ask for A sticky that contains links for all the SP mods and maps ?
I think it would help promote the Sp scene if these files were more accesible.
Im not complaining , dont get me wrong , but im allso curious as to why the Sp forum
is tucked away in a sub forum. Is there any reason it cant be moved to the main
page ?

Anyway as I said ive been watching for some time , ive downloaded many of the maps and
mods and I would like this opportrunity to thank those who have dedicated their time to
improving the SP experience.
Hopefully with the upcomming 2.26 rel there will be more SP action.

Keep up the good work guys. :)

Shears

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Sticky request
« Reply #1 on: 12-05-2010, 10:05:27 »
G'day mate, I had to laugh when I read your post because I've actually been meaning to do just that for the last few days... ;D

Gimme an hour or so (I have to eat, then I'll upload the files) and I'll post links to them.

...im allso curious as to why the Sp forum
is tucked away in a sub forum. Is there any reason it cant be moved to the main page ?...
Pfft...who knows?...I suggested it be moved to the main page months ago, but it's still hiding in Feedback, so I guess the answer was no...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-05-2010, 12:05:06 »
Well, to be fair to the devs and admins, it used to be a sub-group of the devs as opposed to now where it is both independent and quite unofficial. So it was percieved, I suppose, like statics on maps. You won't put a section on the main section called Statics, would you. Now however, they do need to consider giving it higher status

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-05-2010, 13:05:03 »
hi Shears

the SP forum is actually not tucked away. it started as a feedback forum for our SP maps, but now since we have no SP dev at all in FH2, it has become the "main" sp forum.

please feel free to combine all loose sp files and host them as a pack if you wish. :)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-05-2010, 15:05:29 »
There ya go, links are up: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6539.0

For the sake of simplicity, I might pack them all into one archive and add an all-in-one link later on.

Sorry I took so long...

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-05-2010, 10:05:55 »
Great idea - should be very useful having all the SP-related files available in one obvious thread, some of them like Winterhilf's Falaise + Goodwood are very hard to find otherwise.

It'd probably be a good idea to host my AI minimod on the mediafire site as you've done with the other files, I'm not sure what the bandwidth capacity of my webspace is. There shouldn't be a problem with keeping the file updated, as when I update the minimod I'll upload a new file (and post a link here) rather than updating the existing one.