Author Topic: Possibility to "tow" AT guns!  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Possibility to "tow" AT guns!
« Reply #15 on: 24-12-2009, 17:12:35 »
Nice idea Hi

Offline Tim270

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-12-2009, 17:12:56 »
I think looking into implosions would yield more results. but its still not really 'towing'

The most logical way for now would be to spawn one out the back.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-12-2009, 19:12:23 »
Thanks all for replying, feel free to comment and whatnot. All ideas are appreciated and if the devs see one they like maybe in the bulge we'll be towing American M5's  ;)

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-12-2009, 19:12:50 »
Thanks all for replying, feel free to comment and whatnot. All ideas are appreciated and if the devs see one they like maybe in the bulge we'll be towing American M5's  ;)
the pics were especially awesome

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24-12-2009, 20:12:59 »
Did you find waldo?  ;D 
Just thought I would make them interesting

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24-12-2009, 20:12:01 »
we tried alot. also for the trains. what you can do is push things around but not tow

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24-12-2009, 21:12:21 »
Hm, so in theory, for the trains, you could make it so that the pushing part is the rear car, but the cam is in front, perhaps?

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24-12-2009, 21:12:02 »
What about the mechanic of the windows in jeeps and door on the LVCs, could that be carried over to ATG animations of deploying/closing the legs, or for the 88 and bofors dropping the stabilizers for firing / raising them to move?

This isn't connected to towing exactly but a step in that direction. I don't think there's a towing mechanic in BF2 period, unlike in BF:V where you could steal that helicopter rope code and apply it to the rear of a truck somehow :D.
Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent Marksman.
He could hit targets at range even on the move.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24-12-2009, 21:12:23 »
What about the deploy AT option with static AT... the 'bomb-drop'

Also, I think the ramp-deployed 88 sounds cool too... Kinda like FH1's, which I loved so much.. Hope it doesn't lag like that one

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25-12-2009, 00:12:50 »
Did you find waldo?  ;D 
Just thought I would make them interesting
I found Waldo of course

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25-12-2009, 03:12:43 »
Well in BG42 they got towed A.T. guns to work just fine the only thing you couldnt do was reconnect them.. a suggestion would be as in FH1 you had Halftracks with spawn able MG's like the M3 would drop a M1919 tripod.. what about doing that cept  dropping an Mg it would be An A.T. gun. that could solve the issue, quick mobile A.T. guns  provide the game with more strategy.  should be implemeted in some way thats not moving them by hand.
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #26 on: 26-12-2009, 13:12:30 »
Well we still have pushable AT guns, how about a sprint feature is added to them so that you can push them faster for a short period of time? --Will there ever be a proper animation for the mobile AT guns? Like the soldier leaning his weight against it and pushing?

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26-12-2009, 15:12:45 »
As towing seems to be impossible, to me the perfect AT gun right now would have two "states" (maybe set by the up/down arrows):
- One "static" state in which you can aim and turn the gun (but not move it)
- One "movement" state in which the gun can be moved (maybe faster than now, depending on the gun's weight) but you can't shoot. Ideally, the barrel would be lowered, the carriage a bit risen, the stabilization arms regrouped in the axis of the gun and the guy manning the gun would be a standard soldier walking near the stabilization arms.

This way, the AT guns are restricted to a defense/ambush role as they should, can't be used while on the move (letting this feature to vehicles only), and can be set up easily all over the map.
« Last Edit: 26-12-2009, 15:12:25 by Strat_84 »

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27-12-2009, 06:12:41 »
As towing seems to be impossible, to me the perfect AT gun right now would have two "states" (maybe set by the up/down arrows):
- One "movement" state in which the gun can be moved (maybe faster than now, depending on the gun's weight) but you can't shoot. Ideally, the barrel would be lowered, the carriage a bit risen, the stabilization arms regrouped in the axis of the gun and the guy manning the gun would be a standard soldier walking near the stabilization arms.

This way, the AT guns are restricted to a defense/ambush role as they should, can't be used while on the move (letting this feature to vehicles only), and can be set up easily all over the map.

agree with this wholeheartly

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27-12-2009, 08:12:49 »

I did have this idea once, 2 seats. Seat 2 is locked if seat one is occupied so no funny stuff. Seat 1 is the push animation, you can't fire the gun, and the animation is a guy pulling it or pushing it, seat2 is the fire animation as we currently have, but you cannot move the gun while you fire.. its not a frigging tank.

As for towing, I do think the possibility exists, it just requires taking the one with the least side effects... not being able to re-attach the gun is NOT a side-effect.

As for the 88, I highly recommend the FH0.6 version of lowering ramp and raising ramp to place it back in mobile mode... We need them mobile 88s in hedgerow country :-)