Author Topic: Dug in tanks  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Ccharge

• Can we just say we went?
    • View Profile
Dug in tanks
« on: 05-04-2009, 21:04:21 »
Well i know that the british during ww2 used to dig trenches for tanks then soround them with sandbags with only there turret sticking out above ground. Possible on maps like tubruk could some defense positions looks like they dug a trench and put a tank inside it. also the tanks wouldnt be mobile.
<insert fancy signature here>

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Dug in tanks
« Reply #1 on: 06-04-2009, 00:04:18 »
Im making test whit that.. but it doesnt works very well.. at least whit the L6/40

But it can be codded like the Ha-Go in Iwo Jima or the Tiger II in Berlin Streets.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #2 on: 06-04-2009, 00:04:22 »
Dug in tanks would probably have to be separate vehicles that were immobile.  I'm not sure about this suggestion as it stands, but I think some of the Normandy beach maps could have those tank turrets encased on top of bunkers.  I'd imagine Mudra would know what kinds were used, but I've seen pictures of Pz4F1 and Souma S35 turrets.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-04-2009, 00:04:19 »
And panther turrets. But I only know them from the Westwall.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-04-2009, 00:04:56 »
And not to forget the Ft17 bunker :P

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-04-2009, 01:04:53 »
Ok, its been bugging me for awhile now, Torenico. Where is your sig from? :p

OT, I think that dug-in tanks would be a neat addition, especially in the pacific. As it is now, there are some semi dug-in valentines on that one level (durrr...), but they can be driven out of their positions if need be.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #6 on: 06-04-2009, 01:04:16 »
As it is now, there are some semi dug-in valentines on that one level (durrr...), but they can be driven out of their positions if need be.
You mean the single valentine at the very south western edge of the Alam Halfa ridge?  Thats hull down, not really dug in at all.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06-04-2009, 01:04:06 »
All you gotta do is make fortified positions like that, which have an opening the rear for tanks to drive into.

azreal

« Reply #8 on: 06-04-2009, 01:04:04 »
Yea, its easier to do this on a mapper's side, rather than create a new static gun.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06-04-2009, 02:04:44 »
Ok, its been bugging me for awhile now, Torenico. Where is your sig from? :p
It has been bugging me as well.
I am so surprised to see someone from argentina with that one.

That is from the swedish movei "Kopps", a movie about a small swedish town, were there never are any crimes. Thus the police station is threatened to get closed. The 5 policemen who work there start to commit crimes themselves so that they won't lose their jobs.

That small clip is from when of the policemen tells a story about how he like a hero took care of a couple of (imaginary) robbers.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-04-2009, 02:04:55 »

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06-04-2009, 03:04:00 »
http://www.bofunk.com/video/5713/super_cop_vs_ninjas.html

thats all
Sorry for OT, but just have to show.

Here he is again, Benny the Cop.
They are trying to make it look like shots have been fired in the woods, but Benny overdoes it of course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXjAXuEna2w&feature=related

Later, he has to explain what really happened there in the woods, here's his explanation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSOMAraWx0&feature=related
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-04-2009, 03:04:40 »
The Pantherturms were used in the west wall, Italy (most common place), and Berlin.  The normandy defenses were mostly french tank turrets, but also some Pz1, Pz2, and Pz4.  The Pz2 turms also saw widespread use in italy.

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #13 on: 06-04-2009, 09:04:52 »
All you gotta do is make fortified positions like that, which have an opening the rear for tanks to drive into.

Yep, we've got that system on the map EJOD Desert too, works fine.

Offline Ccharge

• Can we just say we went?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-04-2009, 01:04:40 »
yea i agree with that drive out thing but with that you could serously risk noobs driving tanks to hell never to be seen again and suddenly you relize all you have for defense is some puny 2 pounders and a bofors.
<insert fancy signature here>