Author Topic: How about a Chinese Front?  (Read 12872 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: How about a Chinese Front?
« Reply #45 on: 23-05-2010, 16:05:41 »
No. But its statics would be more than enough to create the map itself. But then theres lack of equipment and soldiers. But porting = no go, even its an OK map.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23-05-2010, 16:05:46 »
Why does porting = no go?

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #47 on: 23-05-2010, 16:05:34 »
Man, I would LOVE to see the Chinese in here.  And maybe if there is a Japanese Front made, someone will decide to make a Minimod on the Chinese Theatre or Chinese Civil War or something, but for the FH2 Devs to worry about something like that (which may be unpopular because it doesn't have the Americans in it  ::) ) while concentrating on whatever front they're trying to release in a few years, It would just be a drag on Development resources.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 23-05-2010, 17:05:32 »
I doubt it would be unpopular cause' it doesn't have Americans, because not many Americans play the mod as it is.

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23-05-2010, 18:05:22 »
You do have to admit that there are more everyday players ever since the Americans came in.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23-05-2010, 18:05:40 »
You do have to admit that there are more everyday players ever since the Americans came in.
But North American traffic is still down. More players, but not from North America

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23-05-2010, 18:05:31 »
yes, but that means that the Normandy front is most likely more popular than North Africa, and I'd say that NA attendance is up a bit since they were included.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23-05-2010, 18:05:47 »
According to the graphs I've seen, North America has gone down if anything; therefore, not having Americans in it will not change much.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23-05-2010, 18:05:33 »
Not the subject here. Piss off.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23-05-2010, 23:05:52 »
No. But its statics would be more than enough to create the map itself. But then theres lack of equipment and soldiers. But porting = no go, even its an OK map.
I thought Totalize was a port of sorts

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23-05-2010, 23:05:25 »
Forgive me for being slightly OT but do you know why the Chinese are less popular a WWII subject among those with an interest in WWII?    They lost around 20 million people during WWII. Their combat related deaths only surpassed by Germany and Russia.  One would think those kinds of losses would at least bring them infamy but surprisingly little seems to be mentioned of them during WWII in regards to most publications on the subject.
WWII history seems to be a lot about pop culture. To go slightly OT, Norway's saboteurs are famous in our country, even though they sat on their butts for most of the war and only went really active until '44-'45. Meanwhile, NORTRASHIP (Norwegian Trading and Shipping Mission), our thousand ships strong merchant fleet, which at one point in the war provided Britain with 1/3 of her oil needs... hardly ever gets a mention. The kids who play games would rather l33tbbqstorm Omaha Beach for the twentieth thousandth time than experience something new, pay homage to worthy recipients, and actually learn something about the other unsung heroes of WWII.

I've been campaigning for a Chinese front myself before, and while I realize FH2 won't get to the PTO for a long time yet, I would definitely love to see the KMT and Communists for a change rather than just US and UK forces. It'd be a very, very welcome breath of fresh air.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23-05-2010, 23:05:40 »
From a history standpoint I agree. From a gameplay standpoint: Almost no tanks, no smgs, no semi auto rifles mostly...

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23-05-2010, 23:05:06 »
Forgive me for being slightly OT but do you know why the Chinese are less popular a WWII subject among those with an interest in WWII?    They lost around 20 million people during WWII. Their combat related deaths only surpassed by Germany and Russia.  One would think those kinds of losses would at least bring them infamy but surprisingly little seems to be mentioned of them during WWII in regards to most publications on the subject.

You have 1000 pensils and you lose one.You have 5 and you lose one.When will you care the most?

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23-05-2010, 23:05:15 »
are you comparing the deaths of 20 million chinese to losing a few pencils?

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23-05-2010, 23:05:07 »
The Warrior, meet the metaphor. Metaphor, meet The Warrior.

You have 1000 pensils and you lose one.You have 5 and you lose one.When will you care the most?
Well, yeah, if you have more people to lose and fight a war over a bigger area, you lose more people. I believe the nation that lost the most people, based on a ratio of total population number, was Poland.