Author Topic: [Pictures/Movie] MG42 tripod & Zf40 optic  (Read 5694 times)

162eRI

[Pictures/Movie] MG42 tripod & Zf40 optic
« on: 20-06-2009, 17:06:11 »
Hi everyone  ;) I'm new on this forum but someone may remember me from the old one...
Anyway, I took some bunch of pix of my Mg42 on tripod, Mg34 on AA tripod and more importantly of the Zf40 optic (really rare). Hope this thread is on the good section?!

The tripod, MG42 and Zf40 are in really good shapes, perhaps the best exemples I've ever seen.

As pictures are not resized here (around 1Mo photos), I will just put the samples' links:
http://uppix.net/c/a/a/45d3c2e19dc94a9cdb5eb6eaf768e.jpg
http://uppix.net/3/f/3/e63379c183a0a8cd4980332e4261c.jpg
http://uppix.net/6/4/0/3bbfb602f2738e3f1ecc4e0f44ea4.jpg
http://uppix.net/3/2/8/0378c5a2c6ede293a63c2c2caeeea.jpg

If you are interested for modeling, here the upload ".zip" file: (but I know you may already have the pix' as some of the dev members went to Beltring "War & Peace Show")
http://rapidshare.de/files/47600483/MG40___Zf40.rar.html

And here I took a movie so you can see a little bit how it's working and moving (sorry I took it on the wrong side):
http://rapidshare.de/files/47600529/MG40_movie.rar.html

If some moddelers need other pictures, let me know as I may have the item you are looking for.
I hope it can help you,
Friendly and best lucks for the mod,

PS. I forget to say something: not sure it will be any help but you can use the Zf40 optic while you are standing on the left of the MG42. Indeed, the optic can move as you will see in the last pictures. So you can rest (or hide) next to your machingun and still shoot at communists or yankees (just a joke  :-* ).
« Last Edit: 21-05-2019, 10:05:17 by 162eRI »

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [Pictures/Movie] MG40 tripod & Zf40 optic
« Reply #1 on: 20-06-2009, 17:06:10 »
Von Mudra will like those MG auf Lafette photo's I bet. Welcome aboard.

If this is the right forum or not depends on what you intend this thread for. If it's to show your militaria we have a thread for that  in the Off Topic section. Same for "walkarounds".

If you want to provide photo's to assist the devs with material which they may find useful for new models (or to fix errors in current models, in which case you should make a list of mistakes and point them out politely and with respect and consieration of obvious simplifacations due to polygon limits etc.) this forum or the suggestions forums might also work.

PS: I assume you know that that MG42 auf Lafette is already ingame?p
PPS: I'd kill for such a collection, how dud you obtain it? Also, are you from France, those photo's make it look like they were made in France.  :P
« Last Edit: 20-06-2009, 17:06:44 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-06-2009, 17:06:21 »
It's weird that you own one and still don't know it's actually called mG42.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-06-2009, 17:06:29 »

Silence. The man has a lafette MG42, show some respect. ;)

Offline Ccharge

• Can we just say we went?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-06-2009, 18:06:16 »
I cant even describe the joy i would have of havin that collection.... so i will use a emoticon...

;D  :o

anyway. Looks epic and i bet those pics could really help the devs.
<insert fancy signature here>

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-06-2009, 22:06:07 »

Agreed.

Either way, beautiful collection.  I've had my hands on lafettes as well, and they are simply outstanding pieces of work.  And yes, it is ingame, after much, MUCH campaigning by me, for it.  And it is as amazing ingame as it is in real life :P

Also, AFAIK from my usage of Lafette optics...your optic crosshairs are turned 90 degrees counter clockwise from where they should be :P
« Last Edit: 20-06-2009, 22:06:47 by VonMudra »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pictures/Movie] MG42 tripod & Zf40 optic
« Reply #6 on: 21-06-2009, 01:06:38 »
I think the textures as they are are about as good as they're going to get for the BF2.  Its honestly beautiful right now, and I'm looking forward to the MG42 lafette for Normandy, which will finally be belt fed, instead of the current drum feed on the MG34 (and as I keep saying, lafettes didn't use drums x3).  Its great ingame, same laser accuracy, and same awesomeness when used by the right hands ;)  It can change the course of a battle.

Also, are you with a reenactment group?  If so, which one?  I'm in 21st Panzer and 39th Infantry Battalion (aussie) out here in the California Historical Group, plus 6th Fallschirmjager for the WW2RPS, and XO of the 2nd Jager battalion, for finnish :D

And no no, its the actual optical crosshairs, not the optics themselves:P  They're supposed to have the eye piece pointed back, I was refering to the cross hairs being turned to the side for some reason (should be an easy fix, as I recall you can just rotate the crosshair piece around.  Either that, or different factories made the optics differently?

Or...hrm...that's the periscope sight, isnt' that?  That might be why, considering I've only used the normal scope.
« Last Edit: 21-06-2009, 01:06:41 by VonMudra »

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [Pictures/Movie] MG42 tripod & Zf40 optic
« Reply #7 on: 21-06-2009, 12:06:15 »
How did you saw it?!

The light conditions, the style of the house andn such provided some clues, but those tiles on the ground looked typical french to me.  Ofcourse it would be possible for those tiles to be used elsewhere (if only for somebody who wants to have a "french style garden") but all that made the chanches of this being in France rather likely. =p