Author Topic: Picture of the Day  (Read 2080222 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Picture of the Day
« Reply #1065 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:33 »
Well that isn't a German soldier so what else could it be? A partisan. The guy in the door is an FJ beyond doubt, the fact the camera is just standing there indicates it's staged.

Now you explain the disappearing brick.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:32 »
Well that isn't a German soldier so what else could it be? A partisan. The guy in the door is an FJ beyond doubt, the fact the camera is just standing there indicates it's staged.

Now you explain the disappearing brick.

This part:
"As you see, the rock disappears halfway in the air, so they probably paused the film en then started filming again so he could run away without being hit by a rock."

Why would they stop filming, the rock had already cleared him.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:58 »
There's clearly some frames missing. The .gif skips and during those missing frames the brick has flown out of the pic.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:48 »
There's clearly some frames missing. The .gif skips and during those missing frames the brick has flown out of the pic.

Exactly.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:41 »
The full video is on a documentary on the battle for Italy I saw last year.  The partisan creeps up along the side of the wall, the satchel charge very obviously smoking.  He throws it around the side, and suddenly the FJ guys runs up, grabs the charge (as seen in the video), and throws it out.  He turns and slips (which is where there are some missing frames, you can see the entire video jumps), and the partisan goes running, while the FJ runs back to where he was.  I am 100% sure this is real.  Come on guys, this is like the 3rd time its been posted too.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:23 »
I still wonder why nobody is noticing the cameraman.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:16 »
My guess?  Its like every other real combat shot...the partisan prob cares less about the camera, and more about that thing called survival.  I've seen shots of german soldiers in combat with the british, one of them shooting and killing one of the british soldiers maneuvering in front of them, while bullets are landing against the berm the germans are behind.  I've seen british soldiers in a town running through what is apparently an open area, and suddenly a burst of bullets chewing a hole in a wall between two of the guys.  In none of those vids was anyone noticing the camera man.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 24-09-2009, 19:09:43 »
But imagine your the camera man. Would you just stand there when you see an enemy partisan coming? When I'm only armed with a camera and a tripod (which I could throw at them) I would atleast go back a bit.

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 24-09-2009, 19:09:40 »
He could be behind some cover.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 24-09-2009, 19:09:05 »
Even if he is behind a wall, fence, etc, he still is visible as his camera needs free space to film.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #1075 on: 24-09-2009, 20:09:02 »

L M MacBride of the Publications Division of the Ministry of Information sends a cable to 'Parade' magazine. He is a Corporal in the Home Guard and is wearing his uniform and a duty gas mask as he works.

Gas masks were first issued in 1938 and there were two types: civilian and duty. Duty respirators were used by members of Civil Defence organisations. Civilians had to carry their gas mask with them at all times. The government recommended that people wear their gas mask for 15 minutes every day to get used to wearing it, and gas vans travelled around so that people could test their gas mask, if they really wished to do so!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 24-09-2009, 21:09:25 »
But imagine your the camera man. Would you just stand there when you see an enemy partisan coming? When I'm only armed with a camera and a tripod (which I could throw at them) I would atleast go back a bit.

What enemy partisan?  Ever think they might be on the same side?  And you don't need a tripod, they did have hand held cameras (judging by quality, that IS what it is).  I somehow bet that the camera man wasn't expecting a fallschirmjager to suddenly run out and run back.  He was expecting to see an ALLIED soldier toss in an explosive and get a cool film.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 25-09-2009, 04:09:45 »

Russian soldiers moving through a village.unknown location

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 25-09-2009, 18:09:57 »
As the Warsaw Uprising began to be swept up, a dispirited insurgent climbs out of the sewer to his German captors.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 26-09-2009, 09:09:50 »