Thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: Thief 4
« Reply #1 on: 06-03-2013, 13:03:17 »
Eidos Montreal. I think I'm fine with this.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-03-2013, 17:03:02 »
Like it will be any good. Games these days are made for a generation of idiots who want everything spoon-fed to them. Challenging a player is sadly a thing of the past with big budget titles and singleplayer games. It's good that indie titles get more attention than ever with initiatives like kickstarter, greenlighting etc. Indie devs are not hamstrung by a bunch of suits that only care about money.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-03-2013, 17:03:06 »
Like it will be any good. Games these days are made for a generation of idiots who want everything spoon-fed to them.
I guess you didn't play Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Or Arkane Studios' Dishonored.

Certain cynicism is for good, but pretending that every modern games are horrible doesn't get you anywhere. There have always been bad games. People only seem to remember the exceptionally good ones.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-03-2013, 18:03:37 »
Considering this is being built by the same team that did Deus Ex, and on the same/similar engine, I have nothing but high hopes for this game.  Especially after seeing Garrett back, and hopefully with his original voice actor....  Only thing I didn't like was them saying that people will "know" Garrett, and know he's a super thief person.  IMO, one of the things important to the plot is that no one really knows Garrett, he's just a stranger on the street.  You can walk around The City unmolested if you want in Thief 3....

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-03-2013, 18:03:26 »
Thief 3 was amazing. I'd reinstall it right now if it didn't have issues with Windows 7.
If this is coming in 2014 for the PS4 and PC then its going to be awhile before I get my hands on it.