Author Topic: Very muddy/low res textures on high settings  (Read 341 times)

Offline JellySoda

• View Profile
Very muddy/low res textures on high settings
« on: 20-01-2019, 01:01:04 »
Hello.

One problem I've been having since I've started playing is the very muddy and low resolution textures. I have settings like textures on high, terrain quality on medium, texture filtering on high, dynamic lighting is on, but the game still looks very very muddy.

Something interesting happens sometimes though. I have 2 profiles for FH2, and I have to manually sign out of the one it automatically signs me into when I want to play, but if I forget to sign out and join a game, the game looks great on that first profile. All settings between the 2 profiles are the exact same, so idk what could be causing the issue.

Here is an image taken in the middle of a game to show the muddy textures I am talking about. This is with most settings on high.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Very muddy/low res textures on high settings
« Reply #1 on: 20-01-2019, 10:01:22 »
First of all, to change your profile you do that in the gameplay tab of the launcher, not in game, because it can lead to all sorts of problems apparently. Your graphics settings files seems to be corrupted, to fix that, set your graphics to low in the launcher's video options tab, apply them, run the game, load a map, then restart the game, setting all your video options back to your intended settings.