Author Topic: FH2 and punkbuster crash  (Read 2627 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
FH2 and punkbuster crash
« on: 26-05-2010, 17:05:35 »
small problem i have, i keep getting kicked, few days ago it was 1 kick, and i joined again and no problem ,but now it is every friggin time a join within like a minute.
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5073/errorip.jpg

It always happen a few minutes after i start playing, did a small search on it.
This does not fix it:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Turning of my anti virus and firewall also does not fix it.

Any more suggestions you guys can give me?

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 and punkbuster crash
« Reply #1 on: 26-05-2010, 17:05:12 »
Anything changed lately on your PC, even if you think it is minor.
Also check services (Start - run - services.msc) If there is any problem with PnBstrA or B

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Witti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-05-2010, 17:05:05 »
tried manually uninstalling / reinstalling punkbuster with PunkbusterService (PBSVC) ?

link: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php (the yellow "here"-link in 1st paragraph).

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-05-2010, 20:05:36 »
I had this problem too, but it fixed somehow without any changes.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27-05-2010, 09:05:40 »
Well, the only change on my computer, from the past few months is installing the FH2 patch.

Will try the uninstal, reinstall PB today, hope it fixes it, otherwise i will try a complete reinstall of BF2, still have the files on my pc anyway.

EDIT: used that PBSVC tool, played a game on a nearly empty HSLAN server, no kick.

When i do the Start - run - services.msc thing i do not see punkbuster B. Only A
« Last Edit: 27-05-2010, 12:05:35 by siben »

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #5 on: 27-05-2010, 13:05:57 »
You need B to play FH2.

Check yo' firewall, is there an exception for Punkbuster in there, the fact that PB-B is not running suggests to me this is the main problem, and it's cause is firewall/port permission related, if - as you say you have downloaded and installed PB again.

Don't uninstall 2.26 unless last resort/ absolutley necessary, save time by checking out your firewall first.. 
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-05-2010, 16:05:22 »
Well, the only change on my computer, from the past few months is installing the FH2 patch.

Will try the uninstal, reinstall PB today, hope it fixes it, otherwise i will try a complete reinstall of BF2, still have the files on my pc anyway.

EDIT: used that PBSVC tool, played a game on a nearly empty HSLAN server, no kick.

When i do the Start - run - services.msc thing i do not see punkbuster B. Only A

That's good, Siben. When you actually start a game, then a Punkbuster B proces will be started, as you can see in your taskmanager. In your case it didn't start hence the kicking.
The service PunkbusterA should be on automatic start setting.

Good to hear about that PBSVC tool, might be useful if that was stickified.
« Last Edit: 27-05-2010, 17:05:33 by NTH »

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-05-2010, 16:05:04 »
Yup, it seems to be ok now, justed played HSLAN again and no kick.