Author Topic: Lebisey 65 years after FH2  (Read 5191 times)

Offline Fuzz

• View Profile
Lebisey 65 years after FH2
« on: 02-01-2010, 00:01:06 »
I had made this post a few month ago on the 79th forum when 2.2 was out, today i found it and i thought that would be useful here.

Well as i live near Lebisey , i wanted to compare a little the map from FH2 with the real situation of Lebisey today. I put a screenshot taken in FH2 with the other one taken on Google maps.
First the minimap:

FH2: Maps:

Minimap pictures.

FH2: Maps:

Pictures and screenshots.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

And a historical map (you can see it on the loading screen). The north is on the bottom.

So, this was just to compare the reality and the virtual, this is no easy to made something lost 65 years in the past.
Today, expect for the city, the rest didn't change. The wood was at the same place and the fields was here.
The little problems i have found is the descent you can see on the picture 1. The church, there is no church at Lebisey.  And the houses >:(...but this is my problem  ;D
« Last Edit: 02-01-2010, 00:01:16 by Fuzz »

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
Re: Lebisey 65 years after FH2
« Reply #1 on: 02-01-2010, 01:01:00 »
Wow, that's actually pretty intresting... all that development kind of makes me sad really, the facts that the field in which men died are now built up with buildings and littered with trash.... :'(
« Last Edit: 02-01-2010, 06:01:11 by Oddball »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-01-2010, 01:01:39 »
Exactly how I felt when I was at Gettysburg...Standing on Cemetary Hill, where thousands died, and just 100 yards away, on where once stood a field in which Confederate troops advanced on the 1st and 2nd days and were slaughtered, is a Hardee's fast food place....

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-01-2010, 01:01:28 »
Exactly how I felt when I was at Gettysburg...Standing on Cemetary Hill, where thousands died, and just 100 yards away, on where once stood a field in which Confederate troops advanced on the 1st and 2nd days and were slaughtered, is a Hardee's fast food place....

Yeah, that's a disgrace and dishonor to those men... If I was a relative to those Confederate troops I wouldn't appreciate that. I visited Gettysburg once, on my way to Virginia I stopped in, it was pretty awe shocking with the change... but at that time I was pretty young and don't recall too many details.
« Last Edit: 02-01-2010, 06:01:18 by Oddball »

Offline Fuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-01-2010, 02:01:11 »
Sadly true...but the Normandie like many others country are giant combat field. The history have been always like that, destroy, build, destroy, re-build...I know we need to live with the past but the future is more important.
2 months ago with my dad we had travel along the Falaise Pocket like the germans 65 years ago, from Caen to Hill 262, and i can say that make you small and respecful to those men, you can imagine that was really the hell.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-01-2010, 02:01:28 »
Thanks for this beautifull post, looks like the wall in pictures number 2 is still standing to this day. Also shows how well the maps for this game are made!

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 02-01-2010, 02:01:38 »
Thanks for this beautifull post, looks like the wall in pictures number 2 is still standing to this day. Also shows how well the maps for this game are made!

+1 Interesting post!  :)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-01-2010, 02:01:25 »
I'm not a huge fan of our future...for it doesn't look too pleasant for anyone.  :o The lack of respect, honor and appreciation for those who have protected us in the past is inadequate...The population growth globally is agonizing… especially if they are being raised with the same lack of morals common today. It’s really disappointing. The world today revolves too much around money. People now days would stab their own brother in the back for a buck…that’s appalling to me. Maybe I’m just old school raised with the general principals of the once common gentleman. With this population explosion, which is escalating daily, brings the loss of valued land and lack of fresh air, jobs, compassion and humanity in general. The greed today is astounding, and the odds of it destroying modern civilization are high. In general, all things considered… I would have to say the world was a better place in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s….

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-01-2010, 02:01:23 »
I would have to say the world was a better place in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s….

Except the toilet comfort and medical science advancement.

I'm not a huge fan of our future...for it doesn't look too pleasant for anyone.
Maybe I’m just old school raised with the general principals of the once common gentleman.

I'm surprised, you call yourself "raised with the general principals of the once common gentleman" but seems to gave up the future so soon.

Me, raised in very discipline, typical medieval era Dutch Catholic monastery and school, I still think we are still too young to judge. And if you believe in science, we're only just 60,000 years roaming this earth, while other creatures that has ceased to extinction roamed for more than 100 million of years. To think that we gave up too much to "doomsday", "end of humanity", yada-yada-yada...ranting, complaining, etc etc, it makes us look sillier than the ultimate creature, cockroaches.

This month's edition of National Geographic magazine Indonesia, shows an old picture of French WW1 veteran, he lost his right limb. But he still have his dignity and respect, because the Frenchies never forgot who fought and gave their lives for their freedom and their land. So this man got a special job created by the government. The message of the photo itself says "Disaster will strike if people have forgotten how this men get their wounds and lose their limbs."

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-01-2010, 02:01:46 »

Japanese Soldiers Leaving Japan to China, December 1940.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-01-2010, 03:01:11 »
@torenico:what?

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-01-2010, 03:01:50 »
I'd love to see a Sfakia comparison aswell. Mr.Cheese is our best IMO at recreating historical maps.

http://www.sfakia-crete.com/sfakia-crete/sfakia1980-4.jpg
« Last Edit: 02-01-2010, 03:01:52 by Kev4000 »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-01-2010, 03:01:10 »
Fall of Tobruk as well :P

And Tore, I think you meant that for the POTD section....

Biiviz

« Reply #13 on: 02-01-2010, 03:01:38 »
I would have to say the world was a better place in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s….

Except for the genocide, World War and support for extreme ideologies.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-01-2010, 03:01:39 »

But you have to admit that the Friendly's there is really good.
Wow, that's actually pretty intresting... all that development kind of makes me sad really, the facts that the field in which men died are now built up with building and littered with trash.... :'(
To be frank if we honoured all of our dead in Europe that would be absolutely no room left anywhere to live.
« Last Edit: 02-01-2010, 03:01:34 by Captain Pyjama Shark »