Author Topic: Lebisey 65 years after FH2  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Fuzz

• View Profile
Re: Lebisey 65 years after FH2
« Reply #30 on: 02-01-2010, 15:01:25 »

Lebisey was almost 100% based on that historical map (drawn by the British from intelligence-gathering patrols). I know there's no church irl but I felt the Germans needed somewhere to coordinate their defence from ;) I'm not sure what you mean about the houses though. I used the FH2 statics in positions marked as buildings on the historical map. The bunker in the forest is the "underground petrol storage" on the map, the water towers are there, the AT defence ditch, the burnt out tanks, the roads, the burnt-out houses, the field boundaries, even the orchard trees :D The chateau in the woods is, as far as I know, a fictional addition but it adds a focus to that corner of the map.

The problem isn't the place but the texture. They are very differents from the Manche (maps like Luttich or Purple heart lane) or the Orne.
Around Caen, from the sea to Falaise approximately lots of houses are made with Caen stone, this is very specific for this part of Normandie.

http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&rlz=1C1_____enFR324FR324&q=caen+stone&btnG=Rechercher&meta=&aq=f&oq=

For the most part, stactics made actually are houses like you can found in the Manche (Mortain, Carentan...) or the Orne. I know you can't made statics only for few maps, this is to many work. But think it for FH3  ;)
Some exemples:

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: Lebisey 65 years after FH2
« Reply #31 on: 02-01-2010, 15:01:37 »
If we get about five or six dozens of modelers and texturers for FH3, certainly.  ;)
I detest google street view, but this thread is very well and interesting, excellent notion to do such a thread.