Author Topic: COOP/SP on 2.6  (Read 2176 times)

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
COOP/SP on 2.6
« on: 15-05-2022, 04:05:39 »
Well, I'm opening this topic to share some opinions and start some debug on COOP rounds in this latest release.

First of all, I'm very satisfied with the work put on COOP/SP on 2.6. All the new maps have native AI support, which is great! And of course would like to thank Ivan, jan and Matthew for their efforts, as shown on the logfile; these guys put a lot of time to implement single player support, specially for France 1940. Much appreciated!

Apart from that, we have some new vehicles (non-France 1940), but looks like they have no AI support. If the devs could confirm which vehicles have or have not AI support, this info would be really useful.

As for the overall impression, I'm bumping into one bug here and there, but not really big stuff. Actually, I have been receiving a number of alerts indicating no ai support for some older vehicles, followed by the classical CTD. For now, I got these for me or bots trying to use some mobile AT guns (Zis 3, Pak 36) and even on seats inside the M3A1 Halftrack. Someone out there could confirm this?

A considerable number of custom maps are showing incompatibilities with the new patch, mostly related to kits or textures; I'm sharing this just as a sidenote, as you are not responsible for these particular maps, so please indulge me and take this just as a comment.

As a final comment, I would like to share my opinion, but please, again take this just as a thought, not a request: the team made a wonderful job on 2.6 with COOP, but we still have some early maps, specially the initial EF release, that don't have official COOP support. These are still running more or less succesfully (with some tweaks) based on the original Darman's work from 2016 and garylee's Ogledow. But these are getting very old and outdated compared to the latest officially supported levels. Now that Ivan is working on official COOP implementation, the team could use his talents to give these maps official COOP support, updating them to 2.6 standards and equipments. But again, this is just a personal impression, not a request in any way.

Finally, I would like to thank all the team again for this wonderful release! The attention to the details and the love put in all this work is very appreciated. Merci!

Warmest regards,

batistadk

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
Re: COOP/SP on 2.6
« Reply #1 on: 15-05-2022, 13:05:23 »
Thanks for kind words, Batistadk. Glad to see you like it. Yes we also will integrate EF coop maps into FH2 officially.

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-05-2022, 01:05:53 »
I got a CTD when I tried the Wirbelwind on Totalize/Coop-64 and hit exit.
I did a repair to launcher and issue was not again. Seems like the Player exit glitches you mentioned.
The only one I had.

I had to unsuspected CTDs while running or driving a Tank, so not related to
"E" exiting. Out of the blue. No clue.

I made 4 repair attempts via Launcher already, as I found Pak35_early and twice stepped accidently in.
After the 3rd I grabbed the no AI idea, before I thought still crappy Install.:(

During a quick stint on Crete Coop-64 the NCO Soldier got invisible, all left was a running Kit, floating
around. funny old stuff.

The new France Maps are well laid up, I think, from Statics, Immersion, feeling.
La horgne and Flavion are excellent in COOP Gameplay.
Stonne is still good, perfect ambience, the reason
to keep me playing. As you got plenty of stuff to do and see, even when the Game is
a bit lame. No problem.

Operation Mars, mmh, I dunno, this is strange. Not the Basic
Map Layout, not the Game Mode, not the Vehicles decisions.

What I grabbed is lacking here are really FH2 standards as for ambience.
It's current Coop shape, is a rough Diamond.

My custom Coop 64 changes here.

« Last Edit: 19-05-2022, 04:05:27 by Knochenlutscher »
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-05-2022, 19:05:02 »
...and even on seats inside the M3A1 Halftrack. Someone out there could confirm this?
so much stuff got reworked that it doesn't matter if vehicle is old or not, M3 is bugged, but only the spawn variant (can you confirm regular APC variant works fine?) due to a typo in AI template, it will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix patch

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-05-2022, 19:05:40 »
Yes we also will integrate EF coop maps into FH2 officially.
That's good news!

...and even on seats inside the M3A1 Halftrack. Someone out there could confirm this?
so much stuff got reworked that it doesn't matter if vehicle is old or not, M3 is bugged, but only the spawn variant (can you confirm regular APC variant works fine?) due to a typo in AI template, it will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix patch
I can confirm this. The one that caused the crash is indeed a spawn vehicle. About the AT guns, no clue. Couldn't test enough types and maps, but so far, looks like the static ones do not show any problems. The hotfix will be nice.

Well, the new 1940 maps are true gems; the scenery, details, and historical accuracy are simply awesome (not to mention this beauties came with COOP support straight from the factory  ;D). About Op. Mars, well, I simply loved the map. The atmosphere and the endless horizon brings to my mind comments from German soldiers and commanders alike, how Soviet Russia was immense and gave the feeling of devouring the Wehrmacht. I wanna try it many times more and get the feeling. A wonderful job here.

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
« Reply #5 on: 26-05-2022, 16:05:33 »
I got the following crash at cmp_berlin_coop:

And yes, i could confirm the bug, bots using AT guns!

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-05-2022, 17:05:46 »
I got the following crash at cmp_berlin_coop:

And yes, i could confirm the bug, bots using AT guns!

CMP SP-Coop stuff has been updated. Download link is in FH2 discord here: https://discord.com/channels/338594020328472579/716392204452757597/979336628847910932

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-05-2022, 10:05:46 »
Update done, bug is still there when switching to cmp_berlin_coop!

Same on map "reichswald"!
« Last Edit: 27-05-2022, 10:05:32 by Plattfuss »

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27-05-2022, 11:05:51 »
Update done, bug is still there when switching to cmp_berlin_coop!

Same on map "reichswald"!

you must also update your cmp-minimod. maps are working fine now. best delete all cmp contents from your levels folder and reinstall cmp contents. you must also update your server with new cmp files.

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27-05-2022, 17:05:33 »
THX. Deleted all cmp-stuff and run the community updater, now its working!  ;D

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27-05-2022, 17:05:48 »
Some or all of the following maps are not running on COOP since version 2.61. Any news on that?

Advance on foy
Bloody gulch
fht battle of britain
Fort capuzzo
Hopeakettu
Juin 44
Kuriles 1945
Kursk
Longues sur Mer
Orscholtz
Reichswald
Siege of Tobruk night v3
Siegfried line
Stalingrad Part 2
The Battle for Skafia

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27-05-2022, 23:05:40 »
Some or all of the following maps are not running on COOP since version 2.61. Any news on that?

Advance on foy
Bloody gulch
fht battle of britain
Fort capuzzo
Hopeakettu
Juin 44
Kuriles 1945
Kursk
Longues sur Mer
Orscholtz
Reichswald
Siege of Tobruk night v3
Siegfried line
Stalingrad Part 2
The Battle for Skafia
I'm afraid neither we nor CMP are responsible for these maps. you should contact whoever made those coop maps. it seems they are obsolete. nobody is updating them anymore. btw our Battle for Sfakia is working fine.

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28-05-2022, 16:05:23 »
After updating the whole cmp stuff, the following maps will not start and causing a server crash:

Bloody gulch

fht battle of britain + Kuriles 1945

Stalingrad Part 2