Author Topic: Would you like to be a tadabester?  (Read 4427 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Would you like to be a tadabester?
« Reply #15 on: 07-06-2010, 08:06:48 »
Of course, there's also the incentive to have a peek behind the scenes and see the work in progress, suggestions that are more to the point and much more considered, and to maybe pick up some more acquaintances.

Ah the most common misconception. ;)
Suggestions are more likely to be heard when given by a tester,  but they ain't always 'considered' (at least on the side of the suggester

Unfortunately, I'm North American and even worse, a college student, so beta test times would most likely be a fail on my end. Just shooting myself in the foot an all...

What timezone are you in?

------------------------------
As for me, I had played FH up to 0.7 for roughly 2 years and was asked together with a bulk of other tournament players to test the last FH build and Mappacks for BF42. Most didn't stay for the transition to FH2, I myself stayed since the chance to see a mod develop from zero on a new engine was just great. The entire system was changed and the devs went full pro! :)

Other than that it's the same motivation as every tester should have, to advance and help the mod (actually it's already a game of its own in my opinion) we all love!

Almost 5 years with the tedabester team now and still the devs manage to amaze me with every new tidbit of info. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-06-2010, 09:06:37 »
EST; GMT -5

And I do acknowledge that you do in fact know more than me in the suggestion thing, but I would think that one will likely see things pertaining to balance or some other factor with existing or WIP objects than things that usually get dreamcrushed in the Suggestions forum.

Not that they may be considered, but they'd have more weight pertaining to the mod in the here and now than the Suggestions forum that's out of the know. (that may have been a restatement of your post)

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-06-2010, 09:06:20 »
I would be like to be tedabester. I like the new things and maps, and testing is fun, as i know it from NML.
One small minus for me is no big surprice on release date, but in real then is it fun again, because you can play with those noobs on public servers.  :D But as whole if yes or no, then yes.

Offline [A9]Bard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07-06-2010, 09:06:45 »
hmm sounds interesting...Yes from me. (hmm..maby.. when I think of it... do I really have the time?)
Why? I´m quite picky.. don´t like bushes sticking in thru a wall (as on purpleheart lane) in german mainbase Orchard, house beside the gramofon I think it was :-)
Also great interest in WWII (some nowledge).... hmm what more,
oh yes..BF1942 veteran.. respect me ...damn u kids. (*picks cane up and walks away with a forward lean)

never been a bester before thou...

« Last Edit: 07-06-2010, 10:06:32 by [A9]Bard »

Thank you FH-Team! This mod/game rocks!

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #19 on: 07-06-2010, 09:06:14 »
I have considered being very active in the bug-reporting section to pave the way for some future beta-testing-ness. I would hope to contribute in the form of combat logic, analysis of map layout and visual aesthetics besides the usual bughunting.

I've done betatesting before for EVE : Online for about a year.

However, I am unsure if I really would like to participate if asked. This is mostly because I am a busy little bee lately and have to spend about 50% of the year abroad for my projects. The other 50% is either completely boring (e.g. playing FH2 :D) or very busy as well.

Another demotivation is that I enjoy FH2 quite a lot, and I know from experience that betatesting really is a quite serious job, and will not be the same feeling as playing it. It takes away some of the charm of the game knowing how everything is constructed, what changes were or are going to be made etc etc.

So. Would like to, probably yes. Would really do it? Not this year :(

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07-06-2010, 09:06:06 »
Well, let me see, the reason i want to be a tadabester would be because i can make the game for the average Joe a lot more enjoyable by letting him play a bug free game. That would be pretty much the only reason. I am not that interested in what goes on behind the scenes that much, just the end result.

Another thing could be that pretty much every body that knows me thinks that i have the incredible ability to see details and errors that nobody else sees, you might think it is a blessing but IRL it is not.

A reason that i don't want to be a tadabester would be that it is hard for me to predict when i have playtime so i will probably spend most of the time walking true maps on my own looking for visual/clapping/glitching/... errors.

Oh, and i can keep my mouth shut :)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-06-2010, 10:06:07 »
Becoming a tetabester would be one big dreamcrush. On the other hand, I would learn the secrets of the devs Illuminati, but on the other hand, I would learn of everything they are planning but will not have time to do even in the years to come.

Scheduling is something I'm allergic to as well. Although Thursday and Sunday don't cramp my social life, it would still be scheduled. And proper tetebasting would (well it should) feel like work because it would involve going through every nook and cranny of a map while bouncing backwards on a vehicle carrying a limited kit. (Fond memories of the public "bughunt" event on Cobra back in 2.25...)

Also, keeping the public installation and the latest internal release on HDD would be a hassle.

So I think I prefer the care-free life of a speculating gamma-tester for now ;)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07-06-2010, 10:06:36 »
Becoming a tetabester would be one big dreamcrush. On the other hand, I would learn the secrets of the devs Illuminati, but on the other hand, I would learn of everything they are planning but will not have time to do even in the years to come.

Scheduling is something I'm allergic to as well. Although Thursday and Sunday don't cramp my social life, it would still be scheduled. And proper tetebasting would (well it should) feel like work because it would involve going through every nook and cranny of a map while bouncing backwards on a vehicle carrying a limited kit. (Fond memories of the public "bughunt" event on Cobra back in 2.25...)

Also, keeping the public installation and the latest internal release on HDD would be a hassle.

So I think I prefer the care-free life of a speculating gamma-tester for now ;)

+1

It also much more fun to see everything finished rather than WIP.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #23 on: 07-06-2010, 11:06:14 »
The advantage of seeing new stuff dream is very quickly crushed when you find out that actually, once you join - the information gap just moves forwards a few yards.

Also, there is the IRC initiation ceremony *shudders* I think that completed the breaking of Beaver's mind.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07-06-2010, 11:06:52 »
Yes ofc, ive got nothing better to do. And id like to help.
Although i forsee some problems :
No technical skills(beyond formatting  harddisk is to much).
No knowledge of modding besides what i picked up in these forums and some bf42 forums.
Little knowledge about WWII, vehicles, battlegrounds, commanders, army.
I sometimes am a lazy little ****.
I'm usually drunk at saturdays.

I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07-06-2010, 11:06:31 »
I wouldn't say there is.

Me and rawhide are both swedes, who else? Roden is a tester right? I'm forgetting someone.

>:(

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #26 on: 07-06-2010, 12:06:16 »
 Roden?  No.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07-06-2010, 13:06:55 »
I wouldn't say there is.

Me and rawhide are both swedes, who else? Roden is a tester right? I'm forgetting someone.

Yeah sorry Zrix :( I said I knew I was forgetting someone!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-06-2010, 13:06:41 »
I wouldn't say there is.

Yeah sorry Zrix :( I said I knew I was forgetting someone!
'
 :-X

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07-06-2010, 13:06:01 »
Not to mention 3 Swedish devs. Way too many Swedes.