Author Topic: FH2 Modding Q&A  (Read 143178 times)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Modding Q&A
« Reply #945 on: 16-01-2017, 21:01:58 »
How can I delete the current ground textures on a map, so I can paint it with tpain anew?

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 17-01-2017, 00:01:37 »
shouldnt have to delete, just place the new files in the editor folder of the map. After saving the map will have the new textures/colormaps you created.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 17-01-2017, 20:01:08 »
Thanks. It solved itself.

Does anyone have the ObjectSpawnerDef for AIX 2.0?

EDIT: Nvm, I tend to find things out by myself in the end :P
« Last Edit: 18-01-2017, 03:01:52 by Hjaldrgud »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: 20-01-2017, 22:01:04 »
What is the bare minimum I have to do to get a map working? My map won't show up when I create a local conquest server.

I have control points assigned to each team, I have spawns, I have assigned a nation to team 1 and 2. I used "Save all" to save.

Any easy must-have-done checklist to get a map working?

Maybe handy info: It's not for vanilla bf2, but for AIX2.0, and I have two custom textures not belonging to AIX2.0. Can that have something to do with it? Water looks brutally ugly in the editor too. It's just one massive color.

Sincerely An Idiot.

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 21-01-2017, 01:01:25 »
« Last Edit: 21-01-2017, 01:01:34 by 0utlaw »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: 21-01-2017, 05:01:01 »
Do you have an info folder in your map?

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 21-01-2017, 17:01:14 »
The files I have for the map:

The map.desc:
Spoiler
<map>
   <name> 1_test </name>
   <briefing locid="LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_1_test">map description for modders maps not localized (english only)</briefing>
   <music> common/sound/menu/music/load_MEC_music.ogg </music>
   <modes>
   </modes>
</map>

I appreciate your links, 0utlaw :) thanks

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 21-01-2017, 17:01:29 »
The files I have for the map:

The map.desc:
Spoiler
<map>
   <name> 1_test </name>
   <briefing locid="LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_1_test">map description for modders maps not localized (english only)</briefing>
   <music> common/sound/menu/music/load_MEC_music.ogg </music>
   <modes>
   </modes>
</map>

I appreciate your links, 0utlaw :) thanks
Look at other maps and your map. The other maps have a "inf" folder where the inf file is, but you need a loading scheme and a background.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 21-01-2017, 18:01:36 »
What is the bare minimum I have to do to get a map working? My map won't show up when I create a local conquest server.

As Ts suggested check the info folder, usually that is the problem. The overall map folder should be only lowercase, also be sure the map.desc and <name> 1_test </name> are correct.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 21-01-2017, 23:01:49 »
Thanks for the help. The last problem was no mode in the info.desc and no gamemodes folder btw.

I overcome one problem and get another :P
How do I get the game to realize I have a custom static object that is in a zip file and that it should render it? What is the difference between object.zip, object_client.zip and object_server.zip?

Edit. I made ClientArchives and ServerArchives and pointed them to object_client.zip and object.server respectively. I got an crash error at 95 % loading saying I missed a texture for the grappling hook in a folder called comdo_grapplinghook. So I found the original grappling hook folder and created a new folder with the comdo_grapplinghook name. Now it works. Both new statics and the grappling hook.

Before I added client and server-archives I could throw my grappling hook around as much as I wanted. huh. The randomness of how this game/editor works is fucking killing my insanity. "Refractor 2 works in mysterious ways" is a bible verse I believe :P
« Last Edit: 22-01-2017, 02:01:35 by Hjaldrgud »

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 23-01-2017, 12:01:26 »
Thanks for the help. The last problem was no mode in the info.desc and no gamemodes folder btw.

I overcome one problem and get another :P
How do I get the game to realize I have a custom static object that is in a zip file and that it should render it? What is the difference between object.zip, object_client.zip and object_server.zip?

Edit. I made ClientArchives and ServerArchives and pointed them to object_client.zip and object.server respectively. I got an crash error at 95 % loading saying I missed a texture for the grappling hook in a folder called comdo_grapplinghook. So I found the original grappling hook folder and created a new folder with the comdo_grapplinghook name. Now it works. Both new statics and the grappling hook.

Before I added client and server-archives I could throw my grappling hook around as much as I wanted. huh. The randomness of how this game/editor works is fucking killing my insanity. "Refractor 2 works in mysterious ways" is a bible verse I believe :P
Can you put the map for download or post some screenshots. Unless it will be in the next update  :P
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 23-01-2017, 14:01:29 »
Can you put the map for download or post some screenshots. Unless it will be in the next update  :P
Next update of what?

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 23-01-2017, 17:01:25 »
lol, I am NOT on the dev team. :P

I have no intention of releasing the map to anyone. This is for myself, because I am ripping off other peoples content of other mods left right and center.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 23-01-2017, 21:01:01 »
lol, I am NOT on the dev team. :P

I have no intention of releasing the map to anyone. This is for myself, because I am ripping off other peoples content of other mods left right and center.
No, I think the devs would be willing to review your work and maybe accept you as a mapper. And you are not ripping anything off, you are only "experimenting".

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 23-01-2017, 21:01:45 »
No, I think the devs would be willing to review your work and maybe accept you as a mapper. And you are not ripping anything off, you are only "experimenting".
And who are you to say this?