Author Topic: Failed to move 'Battlefield2/mods/fh2' to 'Battlefield 2/mods/bf2'...  (Read 2861 times)

Offline ebevan91

• View Profile
Hello all. I am new to this site, before I get flamed, I searched for this, and I found a thread similar but it wasn't exactly describing my problem.

So yeah when I try to load certain maps AND disconnect from EVERY game, I crash to desktop and get this 'Battlefield2/mods/fh2' to 'Battlefield 2/mods/bf2': You may need to run fh2.exe as a higher-privilege user: Access is denied.

I've only been playing this mod for 2 days, and I really love it but I'd love to actually be able to play the game for more than 1 round at a time.

I've tried reinstalling and still no dice.

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
hm thats an odd one. I'm just sayin stuff in the blind until a pro comes along and helps you out.

Delete your cache directory contents in my documents / bf2 ?

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Make a screen shot next you get the error message and post it here.
If you are running Vista or Win7 make sure you start the FH2 shortcut with "Run as Admin"

Some maps will crash in single player.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline ebevan91

• View Profile
I've already tried deleting the cache AND running as an administrator. (Using Win7 32-bit)

EDIT #1: Oh! And I'm also getting the error message when I'm STARTING the game, however, it still loads the game and lets me play, until it crashes.

I'm going to install this on my other PC to see if I'm having the same problem there too.

EDIT #2: Here are the screens of the error message- Now, I get 2 error messages, not just 1.

« Last Edit: 13-05-2010, 01:05:54 by ebevan91 »

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Basicly this this FH2.exe saying that it could not (or did not) move the custom shaders about.  This is easily preventable by closing the game correctly via the Quit button and not Alt-F4 or crashing.  Crashes themselves might be due to memory overload or singleplayer.  You may also have corrupted map files.

Offline ebevan91

• View Profile
Basicly this this FH2.exe saying that it could not (or did not) move the custom shaders about.  This is easily preventable by closing the game correctly via the Quit button and not Alt-F4 or crashing.  Crashes themselves might be due to memory overload or singleplayer.  You may also have corrupted map files.

Well, I can't click Quit because it crashes when I do.

I downloaded the 2.25 full, that is 3.XX GB in size. Can I still run the game if I'm not running the latest patch? Singleplayer at least, to see if it's the patch I downloaded? Maybe I should redownload the patch. I don't know. It's frustrating however. The funny thing is that it has never crashed in game. It's either after the map loads or when I click Quit or Disconnect.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

Well, I can't click Quit because it crashes when I do.

I downloaded the 2.25 full, that is 3.XX GB in size. Can I still run the game if I'm not running the latest patch? Singleplayer at least, to see if it's the patch I downloaded? Maybe I should redownload the patch. I don't know. It's frustrating however. The funny thing is that it has never crashed in game. It's either after the map loads or when I click Quit or Disconnect.

Do we have a full Patch 2.25 installer that does not need FH2.2 first ?
If you are able to connect to multiplayer games and can play one round, then I guess we do.

If you want to be sure, Remove the FH2 folders in these places:

Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods
My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2

ANd reinstall Fh2 using patch 2.2 and then patch 2.26.
Or just wait for 2.26 which comes with a full installer.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline ebevan91

• View Profile
Well I redownloaded the patch from a different site, and even on a different network, my college's network, to see if the patch I had was corrupt, apparently not. I'm still getting the errors.

I've reinstalled FH2 at least 5 times, too.

Maybe I should try reinstalling BF2 altogether?

Offline ebevan91

• View Profile
Sorry for the double post, but I think I fixed part of my problem. I uninstalled BF2 and reinstalled that and FH2. I loaded up the game, and loaded "Operation Luttich", the map that I want to play the most, but it crashed, and I didn't get an error message this time. But when I try another map, and click disconnect, I still crash. I just don't get an error message anymore.

EDIT: Ok, I'm getting the error messages again. I really want to know why it's crashing so much.
« Last Edit: 14-05-2010, 05:05:25 by ebevan91 »

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Maybe you should just wait until tomorrow for 2.26, then do a fresh install of FH2 with the full installer.  Maybe a full fresh install of BF2 as well...

Offline ebevan91

• View Profile
Maybe you should just wait until tomorrow for 2.26, then do a fresh install of FH2 with the full installer.  Maybe a full fresh install of BF2 as well...

Well I did the full fresh install of BF2 tonight, but yeah I'm just going to wait for 2.26.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Good luck, I guess.

Offline ebevan91

• View Profile
LOL now I can't even load a map at all since I've patched to 2.26.

I'm done with this mod until someone can give me an answer instead of suggesting things I do. I figured that the devs would know a little about my problem since it's their game, but apparently not.
« Last Edit: 14-05-2010, 21:05:41 by ebevan91 »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Are you running it as an administrator?

Offline hslan.Corvax

• FH-Betatester
  • War photographer
    • View Profile
    • sebastiantoth.at
Sadly win7 doesnt really like bf2 and its mods sometimes :/ Have you already tried running the game in window mode and see if you get a crash message ? And, I guess you tried compatibility mode already ?.