Author Topic: failed to move Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 to Battlefield 2\mods\ bf2.temp  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Laffey

• View Profile
When i start FH2 i get the message above with a message below it saying "Cannot create a file when that file already exist."
     Then after that i get
Failed to move Battlefield 2\mods\fh2 to Battlefield 2\mods\bf2
"Cannot create a file when that file already exist."
Then it starts
When I want to load a map it CTD just after ive spawned an i get this

Battlefield 2\mods\fh2 back to Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

and this
failed to move Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 back to Battlefield 2\mods\ bf2.temp
Ive got no clue what to due since i cant find anything similar to what ive got

« Last Edit: 21-12-2009, 12:12:58 by Laffey »

FH2 nick= [BoF]RoflSeal
WoT nick= RoflSeal(aka BucketSeal by hslan and TS guys)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
If you are using Vista. Start the FH2 shortcut on your desktop as Administrator.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Laffey

• View Profile
Ive ran it on administrative settings and XP compatibility since 2.0

FH2 nick= [BoF]RoflSeal

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Ive ran it on administrative settings and XP compatibility since 2.0

Check it again. Surely something must have changed if this is the first time you get this message.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
I had a problem like that, because another one of my games conflicts with it for some reason. TO fix go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2, and at the bottom there should be a backup file. remove the .backup. that fixed my problem.

Offline granpa_jo

• View Profile
Friend of mine had this exact same problem yesterday.

Delete the fh2 install you have now, then Update your BF2 to 1.5, reinstall fh2, and I bet it will work.

If that doesn't work try:

1) delete all the files it referenced in the error message.  like the bf2.temp file. Browse to the folder that it tried to create that file in, locate the file bf2.temp, and manually delete it.  Apparently if you CTD, it doesn't remove this file like it would on exit, so when the game tries to make it again, it cant, because it already exists.

2) Update your bf2.  Chances are pretty high you are not on 1.5, or your 1.5 installation is borked.

3) Delete the FH2 mod in it entirety, you may need to boot into safe mode to do this.  Run the installer for fh2 ad administrator.

4) If you use the old widescreen resolution fix in the shortcut after updating your bf2 to 1.5, REMOVE THE RESOLUTION FIX FROM YOUR SHORTCUT.  1.5 can natively support higher resolutions now, and having the shortcut fix for resolution, causes a conflict with 1.5 and makes the game either freeze at a black screen or CTD.

5) Run as administrator, and in win xp compatibility mode.

Offline Laffey

• View Profile
Ive found a strange fix for this :|
I decided to install a windows vista service pack since mine needed updating and when i started FH2 i still get the error messages etc but i didnt get the CTD which probably means that this might be a temporary fix since ive had other temperory-fix-problem-starting again on another game.

Strange thing is, I cant find bf2.temp.
I have bf2 1.5 since in the menue it says the version 1.5.... (with many numbers behind it)
Removing the .backup doesnt remove the error messages for me :(.

If i have this problem again I might as well reinstall the mod
« Last Edit: 21-12-2009, 16:12:18 by Laffey »

FH2 nick= [BoF]RoflSeal

Offline Fair_Player[PL]

• View Profile
I fixed this:
Go to start -> documents -> Battlefield 2 -> mods  and try to find bf temp or fh 2 temp folder.
Just delate it.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
I fixed this:
Go to start -> documents -> Battlefield 2 -> mods  and try to find bf temp or fh 2 temp folder.
Just delate it.
over a year later ?
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
At least its a relevant resurrection ... which is a bloody rarity here :P