Author Topic: Battlefield: Korea  (Read 11964 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield: Korea
« Reply #30 on: 19-05-2014, 06:05:10 »
I think I have a copy of it around, ask Anthony, he does have one for sure.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19-05-2014, 09:05:04 »
This is annoying,but this is the best place to ask.
I was wondering other day how are SeRig,Zefan,Willby and Greebristlegrass.Do you still talk to them homer_jay?
Unfortunately I haven´t heard of anyone of them for ages. Interestingly SeRig and Zefan lived not too far away from my place, only like 2 hours by car. But somehow I completely lost track of them.
Seeing this thread gives me some nostalgia feels and if I´m not mistaken I still might have the last beta version either on my laptop or on my old desktop computer which is at my fathers place.
If someone still cares about this old gem of a mod I could check if I can find the setup and maybe upload it.

That would be great actually; a release for the community to enjoy or at least to fiddle with the things that were done before the mod died.  :)
« Last Edit: 19-05-2014, 10:05:08 by Turkish007 »

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-03-2015, 18:03:39 »
After loosing this mod, I have discovered it again on one of my old PC's. I am thinking about releasing it. Would anybody be able to create a map for us to play this with all the vehicles they have in the mod?

I am thinking of getting a few people together to try and release a few edited maps or something with better characters from other mods like discussed before. Some proper US uniforms at least. Perhaps using some from EOD or similar for the Koreans?

There are only a few maps that are basically rehashes of other maps. Maybe 1 or 2 actual Korean maps. There were way more in an older beta but I didn't back it up and the devs removed all the other maps. If somebody wants to try throwing together something for us to make an unnoficial release of this so the community can at least get a chance to play around with all the assets/vehicles/weapons properly let me know.
« Last Edit: 14-03-2015, 18:03:50 by Anthony817 »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14-03-2015, 19:03:33 »
Dammit! Wish I knew how to map. You should try updating the ModDb page if no one shows up here, it would be absolutely great to fiddle around with the weapons and vehicles in BF:K!  :D

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14-03-2015, 19:03:59 »
Yeah, I would if I could remember how I did it before. Been a few years. Last thing I posted on that page was in 2007.

Be assured I want this out there. I am going to PM you with the build because you seem to be pretty interested in this. This mod was very important to me as well. My grandfather fought in the Korean war and I lost him 2 years ago. I would love for this to live on some way or another.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14-03-2015, 20:03:44 »
 Can someone post some screenshots or a minimap?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 14-03-2015, 20:03:04 »
After loosing this mod, I have discovered it again on one of my old PC's. I am thinking about releasing it. Would anybody be able to create a map for us to play this with all the vehicles they have in the mod?

I am thinking of getting a few people together to try and release a few edited maps or something with better characters from other mods like discussed before. Some proper US uniforms at least. Perhaps using some from EOD or similar for the Koreans?

There are only a few maps that are basically rehashes of other maps. Maybe 1 or 2 actual Korean maps. There were way more in an older beta but I didn't back it up and the devs removed all the other maps. If somebody wants to try throwing together something for us to make an unnoficial release of this so the community can at least get a chance to play around with all the assets/vehicles/weapons properly let me know.

I'm not sure in what capacity you want BF:K to be played, but have you tried contacting someone at Project Reality? They use a lot of weapons etc from BF:K already because they were part of BSS. They've also got a pretty active mapping community and I'm sure there are people there who would have the drive to turn it into another PR minimod.

I only mention it because I know that PR:Vietnam is more or less how the devs of Eve of Destruction 2 got many of their assets to be played after they called it quits.

Great mod btw, I'm sad it never got more than a handful of active devs in its heyday. The Korean War is so interesting to me and seems like a fun scenario.

Offline Anthony817

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14-03-2015, 21:03:11 »
Here are some pictures.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

@Matthew_Baker. I have spoke to the guys over there but most people weren't willing to help too much.
« Last Edit: 15-05-2016, 00:05:05 by Anthony817 »

Offline buschhans

• View Profile
    • [HG] BF 1942/2 Mod Community
« Reply #38 on: 14-04-2015, 22:04:35 »
Edit: I am just going to release it and if somebody can fix or edit even default maps so we can at least use the jets then I will be happy.

https://mega.co.nz/#!uR8E0TjS!bSSy-z4IpfkKvSfRVqFbyJAYhByUISDbIqDQF_fjJK4

here are some pictures.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

@Matthew_Baker. I have spoke to the guys over there but most people weren't willing to help too much. Granted it has been quite a while since then.

I might just post the link here for people. I have it uploaded already and maybe with me releasing it people would be more inclined to help with getting a map up showcasing aircraft at the very least.

Its a never finished BF 2 Project. It was promised for BF 1942, but only pictures release of this Mod.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15-04-2015, 04:04:21 »
He is one of the ex-developers of BF: Korea, you know.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02-01-2016, 20:01:24 »
I need to find SeRig or Zefan. I've had an idea.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03-01-2016, 00:01:32 »
I need to find SeRig or Zefan. I've had an idea.
Uhhh. Anyone?
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03-01-2016, 16:01:20 »
I have last seen Zefan on ModDb in 2012. You should take your  chance at the PR forums, they were cooperating with the BF: Korea team a while ago. Maybe they have a contact.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03-01-2016, 17:01:30 »
That was just Zefan as well. I think he had an account on the PR forums, but probably hasn't been online a long time either.

Unsure what your plans would be with BF Korea really. It has some nice assets, but most of it (by now) just isn't up to par anymore. In other words, it would need a lot of work for it to become interesting.

And nobody is going to make a BF Korea minimod for either FH2 or PR. Even if someone does that, hardly anyone will play it.

Don't mean to discourage you, but it is what it is ;).

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03-01-2016, 19:01:41 »
Yea now that I think about it, BF Korea has some great looking assets, but is still missing important things like player models, maps, most ground vehicles etc... It would still take a lot of work to get a full fledged Korean War out of what they have.

It's a shame, I really loved what they were doing back in the early days of BF2. I've NEVER played a Korean War game or mod that showcased ground combat. Not even BF1942 had a Korean mod afaik. It truly is "The Forgotten War."

One day maybe