Author Topic: Ready to return to Skyrim? [SPOILER ALERT]  (Read 53018 times)

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
Re: Ready to return to Skyrim? [SPOILER ALERT]
« Reply #450 on: 26-12-2011, 21:12:03 »
I was hoping to resist skyrim until i have new pc, but can't. I'm going to try it with my 3.00 Ghz Pentium 4, GeForce 7600GS and 1 GB RAM. Performance mod will hopefully help to run it at least on low. What do you think about it?

Too bad. You wont be able to see enemies past 10 meters or so, the textures will be horrible, plus 1 gb of ram...the game will run way too slow. And the processor wont save you. I recommend waiting until you get another pc.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 26-12-2011, 21:12:16 »
Yeh you need to play with the save states and nevermind the actual autosaves. Autosaves only follow the character you are currently playing, so after each session its adviced to make a proper save rather than just leave it for the autosave.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #452 on: 27-12-2011, 00:12:15 »
Flippy, open console and type save fancynamehere

It makes a new save with a custom name, never had problems with overwriting or whatever. I have 3 characters currently but always play on only one. My Dunmer is almost the way I want him to be so next up is either a trailer copy of Dovahkiin or a badass Nord/Orc with heavy armour/two hander. After that I want to make a mage or something..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 27-12-2011, 00:12:39 »
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.  :)

EDIT: Thanks a lot. This makes it a lot easier to keep track about saves.
« Last Edit: 27-12-2011, 00:12:37 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 27-12-2011, 01:12:22 »
I've started playing now as well. level 7 redguard woman. She kicks ass... kind of not. I have explored whiterun and thats about it.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 27-12-2011, 09:12:20 »
 The only complaint that I have really had of Skyrim so far is the odd behaviour of some dragons and how goddamn huge some dungeons turn out to be.

I am a level 42 Imperial with one handed and magic (conjuration and illusion) focus. I haven't finished any main quests yet but I have been messing about, having fun and triggering side quests. My character is at a point where all the skill perks are getting quite fun and have radically improved the game and some of the shouts to be learned are epic.

Imo, Skyrim is fast becoming the best RPG that I have ever played (and I started way back with Zork, leisure suit larry, and king's quest)
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 27-12-2011, 10:12:13 »
The only complaint that I have really had of Skyrim so far is the odd behaviour of some dragons and how goddamn huge some dungeons turn out to be.

I am a level 42 Imperial with one handed and magic (conjuration and illusion) focus. I haven't finished any main quests yet but I have been messing about, having fun and triggering side quests. My character is at a point where all the skill perks are getting quite fun and have radically improved the game and some of the shouts to be learned are epic.

Imo, Skyrim is fast becoming the best RPG that I have ever played (and I started way back with Zork, leisure suit larry, and king's quest)

Im going to assume you carry a shield and have the "quick reflexes" perk for block? One handed ftw!

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 27-12-2011, 11:12:57 »
 I found a pretty good elven shield that I carry around but I mostly keep one hand free for constant magic attacks. I love conjuring an atronach, casting sanguine rose for a random dremora and then relying on my power and Lydia's backup to ruin the field of battle.

I am thinking of getting a new companion because I have accumulated like 5 or 6 now to choose from. My concern is the potential loss of carrying power as Lydia is a mule (she can carry over 220 for me while wearing full dwarven armour). I do also exploit her character a touch by not giving her a shield as she carries one by default.

So far, my best record was having 2 conjurations and 2 npc's fighting on my behalf in some dungeon near markarth but I could have had more except for the fact that too many NPC's clutter the lines of fire and they can get glitched in dumb places.

My number one tip is to improve your merchant skills with all the potions, altars, enchantments and perks. Money is far rarer in Skyrim than it was in Oblivion and it really changes the game on you, the best stuff comes in treasure boxes (u need the map first) but you can always buy what you want, when you want it.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 27-12-2011, 11:12:53 »
I have around 74k gold with my main character and I have pretty much put my money into everything possible ranging from blacksmithing supplies to grand soul gems, training in any and every possible trainer and of course buying and decorating every single house in the game. I even crafted expensive weapons, gears and enchanted, upgraded them to max and gave them whenever I found another housecarl or companion who I could give them to.

I now have a problem in which I still have so much gold its just stupid. I dont care about looting urns or bodies anymore, I check but rarely take anything because I simply dont have enough money sinks in the game anymore. I've even bought a lot of totally useless stuff like mage robes which I know I will never wear just so I could put the money into something.

Might I add that I'd have around 125k gold in total if I didnt do all that I listed above. Its just ludicrious how gold becomes totally meaningless once you have a fuckton of it and you have bought everything you need and can.

EDIT: OH and I just remembered! I even gave out 10k gold for that argonian who finds you wherever you are in the world in order to pay back your dept for the bet you made in A Night To Remember quest. You could fight him or pay him 750 gold too but I chose to give him the 10k, because it doesnt affect me one little bit. :-/
« Last Edit: 27-12-2011, 11:12:37 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 27-12-2011, 21:12:24 »
Yes skilling alchemy alone makes you a rich man. But I don't find that to be too bad.
The thing that bothers me more is that the melee weapons are so much better than destruction magic. I started as a mage, but then I read about the improved weapons and desided to transform my caracter into a two-handed melee babarian. And although i only have a skill of about 20 in two-handed weapons and heavy armor it is much more easy to kill monsters now then it was with skill 85 in destruction magic.

But all in all it is a very good game.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 27-12-2011, 21:12:00 »
got problem with money?

lvl 47
Got 100k and have bought all available houses + all furniture (in total, probably around 100k in itself).
Never ever use any money, never need it.

Kinda gotten bored of the game now. Discovered most locations, taken on the main quest now finally.

Kinda want to create a new character but I've done everything with this one. There would be nothing new as I've done thieves guild, companions, dark brotherhood etc.

Also about followers/companions, after a while I stopped using them all together. Best choice in my skyrim-career. They just get stuck or I get nervous that they will get killed while being used as a mule.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 27-12-2011, 22:12:50 »
Never used companions. Who needs them? :)

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 27-12-2011, 23:12:05 »
Never used companions. Who needs them? :)
If you don't need them, you're not looting enough crap.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #463 on: 28-12-2011, 00:12:43 »
When the situation gets hot I summon Lucien to serve as a distraction. Yes, I use him as a meatshield.. But he told me that he feels no pain in the Void so I don't feel sorry.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 28-12-2011, 12:12:23 »
Game got to easy with those chimps. I killed lydia, sacrificed some mage and fus ro dah'd another warrior.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold