Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29352 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: Mod dead already?
« Reply #45 on: 05-08-2013, 17:08:47 »
Did Forgotten Honor and FH devteam share some content? ;D

(Hope we get that R71 to be official)

R71 is WaW....And it is actually the Russian bike from Battlefield Korea that I re-skinned (with permission of course) and dropped a MG42 on.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #46 on: 05-08-2013, 18:08:33 »
@Lightning thank you. 8) I know that the devs don't really owe any of us an explanation. But I think that's what a lot of us wanted was just some clarification about what has been going on behind the scenes during this quiet time.

And I'd really hope that even if development on this great mod ever stopped completely, that someone would be kind enough to step up and give this dedicated community the ability to play with all the toys that haven't yet been released. :)

I love and care about this mod and everything it has done for me and my gaming life in the past 9-10 years I've been playing it, and I'm sure a lot of other community members feel the same way. We have no room to complain or feel entitled to anything the devs have done for us (which is a little bit how this thread came off) that's why it means a lot to get an explanation as to what's going on behind the scenes :P

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05-08-2013, 18:08:13 »
Did Forgotten Honor and FH devteam share some content? ;D

(Hope we get that R71 to be official)

R71 is WaW....And it is actually the Russian bike from Battlefield Korea that I re-skinned (with permission of course) and dropped a MG42 on.

You got access to BF:K files?! Do you have the Hanyang?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05-08-2013, 19:08:09 »
FH2 has access to all BF K files IIRC.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05-08-2013, 19:08:41 »
Sad they never got released.

Is there anything that is in use from BF:K?

Offline Lada.Rear.Drive

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05-08-2013, 19:08:39 »
I know for sure that it would be too much of a shame for any dedicated developer, active or retired, to let all the amazing content that has not yet been released go to waste.
It has been known to happen to countless other mods with great unreleased content. People just lose interest and fade away. If and when it happens I and many other fans of the mod just want to know about it. Don't leave us hanging. I've seen many mods do just that and it's annoying and disrespectful. There has to be closure.

I suspect Forgotten Hope 2 will go the same way as the original Forgotten Hope. Tournament organizations will still use it and keep developing their own content and maybe a community similar to Pixel-Fighter will pick up the slack and do their own minimod on top of the core mod.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05-08-2013, 19:08:14 »
Is Pixel-Fighter still running?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05-08-2013, 19:08:18 »
It has been known to happen to countless other mods with great unreleased content.
It has also been known that countless other mods have/had a much shorter life than FH.

I've seen many mods do just that and it's annoying and disrespectful.
Posting a pic of al-Sahaf after the closest thing to a dev-reply this thread has seen until now is not really respectful either.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05-08-2013, 22:08:48 »
 Every time Lightning posts, i have a religious epiphany...

;D

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06-08-2013, 00:08:24 »
Is Pixel-Fighter still running?

Yes they are, I just played on there yesterday. They have a huge amount of new FH1 maps, they usually run them on Saturday.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06-08-2013, 02:08:32 »
and player numbers?

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06-08-2013, 05:08:17 »
Probably high ever since they let the Originies connect, I haven't played in months but back then there were about 20 people on every time I joined.

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06-08-2013, 07:08:42 »
Beeing stuck with the BF2 engine is what IMO kills the mod. If there is no hope for overcoming the limits of the current engine and therefore never see anything really new except for 3d content, would suck the motivation out of me if I was a developter.

The mod may live on for a couple of years with a small player base as it is, but it will finally die. And then all the blood and thears that have been spilled while creating all those nice 3d models will go to waste. I must admit that I start loosing interest myself, because I know that nothing really new will happen. Even a eastern front or a pacific front will have crappy driving physics and all the other problems of the engine.

I say it is time to push out a last good release that can be played for a while, pack all the models and textures into suitcases and then choose the best suited open source engine and port the game to it. Then the game might even draw new players and developers. With full controll over the engine, implementing new things will only be limited by the lack of manpower.

Maybe even I will roll up my sleves and help with fitting the target engine to our needs. I at least would take a look at the source code.

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06-08-2013, 11:08:08 »
Meh. It's been god knows how long since the last update which broke tank combat

..finally, someone agrees with what I was saying from day one after 2.45.

From that ridiculous 'rubber band' turret movement, where the damn thing just keeps rotating for about 2 secs after you stop moving your mouse, to the absurd 'angle mod' or whatever the fuck its called, to allied tanks being nerfed on most maps, in quantity and quality.

Tank combat just sucks donkey balls now...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06-08-2013, 11:08:35 »
ridiculous 'rubber band' turret movement, where the damn thing just keeps rotating for about 2 secs after you stop moving your mouse

Sounds like someone has too much mouse sensitivity in his tank options. Might want to check on that.