Author Topic: Still get crashes after map change in Coop?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
Still get crashes after map change in Coop?
« on: 09-02-2011, 04:02:05 »
Hi. I updated my system to windows 7 64 bit with 4 gigs of ram and a Quad Core recently. But I still get crashes after map changes in Coop. I posted this issue under FH 2 2.6 and at the time had only 3 g's of ram since I was using windows 7 32 bit. I thought it might be the amount of ram I had but now of course I have 2.3 the latest version and still get crashes between map changes. I didn't know if there were any current fixes for Coop singleplayer or crashes now? I like playing Coop against the bots since I can change maps and see my scores and stats after each match.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Still get crashes after map change in Coop?
« Reply #1 on: 09-02-2011, 06:02:03 »
You have installed the game under the root partition. Fh2 needs to be run on a 2nd partition for windows 7 or it will crash.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-02-2011, 08:02:04 »
Actually any folder outside the two "Programs" folders will do as well.
But Coop Maps are like SP maps and they aren't all finished so most likely you will have some that can crash.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-02-2011, 02:02:40 »
Actually any folder outside the two "Programs" folders will do as well.
But Coop Maps are like SP maps and they aren't all finished so most likely you will have some that can crash.

Yes, I have it installed in my D:\ drive (C:\ is where Win7 is for me) and in a custom folder that is not the Programs Folder.

I still can't get online so have been playing a lot of Coop. Certain maps do crash - I knew this before - for example, Totalize, Lebisey and Cobra. Others run great, Mareth Line, Siege of Tobruk, Sidi Rezegh.

Before, I didn't know if it was the map crashing due to bugs or lack of RAM on my side. Now I know the answer - it's the map. My Event Viewer doesn't mention a memory crash of any kind as a possible cause but a faulty application - FH2.

Nothing is perfect and I know most if not all FH 2 users play FH 2 for PVP rather than SP. I just can't get online for some reason? When I click on a server in the list my game crashes to the desk top?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-02-2011, 09:02:35 »
...I just can't get online for some reason? When I click on a server in the list my game crashes to the desk top?
Sounds like your CD-key may be AWOL... :-\

Go to your Start menu, then Run... regedit, and check if there's an entry under:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-02-2011, 09:02:13 »
Did you try running FH2 in windowed mode like I suggested in your other thread`?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-02-2011, 00:02:26 »
Did you try running FH2 in windowed mode like I suggested in your other thread`?

Yes. Just the BF2 crashed window nothing else appears.