Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 63281 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #420 on: 18-03-2014, 08:03:17 »
It gets even worse when you unlock those tier 3 scopes for sniper rifles ;D
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 04-04-2014, 18:04:26 »
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/news/lost-alpha-update

Lost Alpha going to be released this month. I cant wait.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 04-04-2014, 19:04:30 »
Man, I had all the time of the world until now and NOW they want to release it?
Looks like someone leaked it, things like that must feel terrible for the developers.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 04-04-2014, 19:04:42 »
Yeah definitely.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 26-04-2014, 12:04:33 »
Today  8)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 29-04-2014, 08:04:19 »

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 29-04-2014, 13:04:04 »
How is it?

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 29-04-2014, 14:04:28 »
Pretty fucking good to say it mildly.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 29-04-2014, 18:04:23 »
Just started playing, it's astounishing, the environments are so much better than any I've seen before in STALKER.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 30-04-2014, 02:04:47 »
I've got no footstep sounds, I have seen the reality of STALKER, bugs!

I barely have time to play it.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 01-05-2014, 09:05:20 »
+1 I'd love to. Next time between the semesters maybe ;D Maybe they will have fixed some things until then too. I still gotta download the new FH2 version too. So much stressfull leisure.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 01-05-2014, 11:05:38 »
There's definitely signs of work-in-progress such as missing or incomplete features and of course numerous crash-to-desktop bugs. One thing I noticed is that it seems far more linear than Shadow of Chernobyl is, but then again it might be because theres several places you can go to from each area, not just one or two at a time. Many places I try go to automatically sends me back to where I came from as if the game doesnt want me to go there yet. Which is a darn shame considering they have made all these goddamn beautiful revamps of the areas and completely new areas to fill in gaps and you cant freely go explore them until the game wants you to.

I guess I never tried to go directly to Dark Valley from Garbage in SoC so I dont know/remember if you can actually do that in it or not, but in LA it seems more on rails. Not that its exactly a bad thing, you are still free to roam the areas you do get to go and you have no sense of urgency on doing anything in a rush.

Graphic enhancements are simply amazing. It looks so fantastic when you find a good medium in the settings that your PC wont get as heavily tanked, game runs smooth and still looks breathtaking.

So far I've felt like I am playing a new STALKER title, not just a mod, but a new game. I dont really mind the fact that its the same story of a game I've already played million times and that its the same areas and in some cases missions that I go through, the changes are so big that it makes me feel like I am not playing a mod.

This is something that every STALKER should experience and it doesnt matter if you have Shadow of Chernobyl or not, you can download Lost Alpha for free and play it without any official STALKER games since the mod is a standalone. If you can live with the fact that it is not completely finished and you will encounter crash bugs and other bugs (hey, this is STALKER, theres bound to be bugs, right?), then I dont see a reason why you should give this one a pass, otherwise you'd be an ass.

Highly recommending it and I cant wait for my next venture into the Zone. I am still far off from finishing it but I cant wait to dwell in again.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 01-05-2014, 11:05:08 »
^ I know that feeling and I'll definitely try it, just not yet ;D
SoC was my favourite anyway. I was not too fond of CS (it had some nice levels but gameplay sucked imo.) and CoP was more player friendly and open. Still, the best atmosphere was achieved in the first one and if you say it captures this atmosphere and enhances it, I can't see why I shouldn't try it :)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 01-05-2014, 23:05:26 »
It feels very much like Vanilla STALKER in terms of A.I. and weapons damage aswell as survival. But I don't mind it as there is so much nice stuff and the atmosphere is awesome! The A.I. seems a bit buggy though  :-\
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 03-05-2014, 13:05:42 »
New patch is out for LA which fixes a fuckton of issues. Cant wait to give it a spin again! Hopefully later today.  8)