Author Topic: Can I remove a camera?  (Read 518 times)

Offline mft004

• View Profile
Can I remove a camera?
« on: 04-06-2018, 20:06:04 »
Hi guys,

I'm continuing with my FH2 SP-Coop tweaks but have a problem with the tank cameras.  I'd altered the CVMChase camera in TankCameras.con so that the camera was further back and zoomed out; this change affected the CVMFrontChase camera negatively, with that second camera looking at half the tank now and from an overhead view.  I'd like to remove that camera from the camera cycle entirely but keep the CVMChase cam; is that possible?

I looked at the references to the CVMFrontChase cameras in TankCameras.con, but in all cases within that file, CVMFrontChase was set to 0 which I take it means 'off'.  So I'm guessing that there must be another file somewhere in the FH2 folder which determines which cameras are on/off for tanks, or maybe for all vehicles.  Any wizards here know which file might hold that?

Many thanks in advance for any help and I've attached the .txt version of the TankCameras.con file I've been editing so far.
« Last Edit: 04-06-2018, 20:06:51 by mft004 »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
Re: Can I remove a camera?
« Reply #1 on: 05-06-2018, 02:06:10 »
I hope you realize that "tweaks" for SP/Coop can be used as cheats in MP.
If you are serious about this, I suggest you ask in PMs or some other private place.
In the public forum, you are just telling people how to have better 3rd person view in their tanks.

Offline mft004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-06-2018, 21:06:00 »
Nope I've asked about these SP tweaks before.  One of the devs once kindly provided me with the .cfg file to get third-person views back on tanks in the first place, but with the understanding that said file would only apply to SP/Co-op games anyway.

So I'm still asking for help from any wizards who know about these matters.

Offline mft004

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-06-2018, 20:06:34 »
The other thought I had to work around the problem was: perhaps there was a way to assign different cameras to different keys. So instead of tapping c to go from turret view to CVMChase, I'd just tap the key that CVMChase was assigned to. If that was possible, any ideas?

Offline mft004

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-06-2018, 20:06:53 »
Apologies everyone, I was being very woolly.  I completely forgot that there's an option in the standard Controls menu ingame to assign single cameras to different keys, so now I've done so for all except the CVMFrontChase.  Take care all!