Author Topic: SP - major Vehicle Speed changes  (Read 384 times)

Offline mft004

• View Profile
SP - major Vehicle Speed changes
« on: 18-11-2017, 10:11:00 »
Hello there,

I'm continuing with the task of modding FH2 SP for my own battles.  One of you wizards kindly helped me get third person views back on tanks.  I now have a more difficult question: how do I change the speed of vehicles?  Basically I want to make all land vehicles faster and all planes slower. 

I thought that it was a case of finding 'ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed' in the .tweak and increasing the numerical value, but A) I'm finding several of those lines in the same .tweak and B) I'm not sure which of 3 values I should change. 
Take the civilian bicycle for example.  There are 8 instances of 'ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed' in the bicycle .tweak, for Framedummy, Frame, Kickstand, Nav_Fl_RotationRpm, Nav_Fr_RotationRpm, camera_RotationRpm, Handlebars, ZMotor_RotationRpm.  Should I change just ZMotor?  ZMotor's current MaxSpeed value is: 0/0/50.  Should I increase 50 to a higher value, or change one of the 0s, or both?

Many thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this.
Mark

Offline mft004

• View Profile
Re: SP - major Vehicle Speed changes
« Reply #1 on: 25-11-2017, 18:11:11 »
Hello again,

I have an update to my first post: I've worked out that I need to change the speed settings for the 'engine' or 'motor' only, by increasing the first and third Maxspeed numbers.  Now the land vehicles move faster, that's great.  But I'm struggling to make the planes go slower.  At first I just reduced the first and third Maxspeed numbers, but the planes didn't seem to slow down much.  Then as per another suggestion I found online, I also reduced the torque and increased the differential.  Now the planes do fly slower, but they struggle to get off the ground :(  If there was a way to make the plane fly normally, but at the speed of a car, which numbers should I focus on?