Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65043 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #570 on: 13-04-2018, 22:04:12 »
Hey, I have a small suggestion that maybe you could replace German mortar used by Italians with American one (maybe slightly retextured). As far as I know both M1 and Mortaio 81/14 Modello 35 were based on the same french Brandt design and even Americans, according to this (http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/it_mortar/index.html) said in their intelligence bulletin that it's "Remarkably similar in construction to the 81-mm American M1". I think M1 would be also OK for Finns if they would need a mortar. What are you guys thinking?

I like the idea, it indeed looks almost identical, so I guess that if only devs have the access to the original files of the model, it can be rather easily modified and added to the game, but I have no knowledge in that regard.

I wish we get more Italians equipment to finally replace all the placeholders in game, but with current focus on the Eastern Front, the only chance for that is probably if someone decided to make a map with Italians vs USSR.

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 13-04-2018, 22:04:52 »
Yeah, Italians are kinda a little bit below FH's standards... Of course I mean no disrespect toward devteam, it's just that Italians seems uncomplete. I always wondered if there would be  a possibility of using BG42 or FHSW models like Autoblinda 41 or L3/35, but I guess it's out of question. :-\ At least I can hope that one day Sethsoldier will remodel Carcano series and Beretta 38 ;).

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 13-04-2018, 22:04:42 »
need some more maps for L3 and other cars/ tanks tho. Right now, the Italians don't really need those things on any of their existing maps.

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 22-04-2018, 15:04:07 »
Hey, would it be possible to introduce Nebelhandgranate 39? I know it really is a minor thing, but maybe just retexturing a Stielhangranate 24 and coding it for a smoke effect would suffice? I'm asking because they were 7,4 million Nb. 39 vs. 1,8 million Nb. 42, plus I thought that it would add to variety without much effort.
Cheers ;)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 22-04-2018, 15:04:22 »
The stick on the smoke grenade is a but different, for the very reason to make it easily distinguishable from the explosive one, so it will require a bit more work than a simple texture change.
« Last Edit: 22-04-2018, 15:04:45 by jan_kurator »

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: 22-04-2018, 15:04:08 »
Yes I know, but this part is covered by hand so it doesn't really matter right?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 22-04-2018, 16:04:20 »
FH2 is anything but going "it doesn't really matter."

That said, that part would not be covered by the hand anyways- the hand would be gripping the middle way above the ribs.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 22-04-2018, 17:04:28 »
* Nebelhandgranate 39 added to the todo-list
 ;)

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 22-04-2018, 18:04:44 »
Wow, thanks Seth, you're the best :)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 22-04-2018, 18:04:59 »
Wow, thanks Seth, you're the best :)
Yes he is! There's quite a lot of stuff he's currently working on and I can't wait to see all his projects ready ;)

Btw, check our website in ~10 minutes to see one of his babies.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 22-04-2018, 19:04:07 »
well, the new grenade might not be in the next patch but the next after the new one (maybe a bug patch who knows), so don't get too excited.
i don't want to break the next release :P

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 24-04-2018, 02:04:20 »
Would it be possible to add more blurr and side affects of being hit with a high explosive round in a tank?  I know it really wouldnt damage a tank but I have to believe the crew would be a little rattled after a HE round hit their tank.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 24-04-2018, 03:04:49 »
This would be very cool and would make tanking very different in-game. I've read stories of tank crews being confused, or having to fall back while being pummeled by things that didn't penetrate their tank. (like a 20mm flak against a Cromwell)

right now the only thing that does this in-game (unintentionally) is shooting a bofors at a tank. the big black puff is almost like suppression. as a matter of fact, it's sometimes a problem for me as a tanker to encounter a bofors. I've actually had to fall back a few times to get my situational awareness back.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 24-04-2018, 04:04:53 »
This would be very cool and would make tanking very different in-game. I've read stories of tank crews being confused, or having to fall back while being pummeled by things that didn't penetrate their tank. (like a 20mm flak against a Cromwell)

right now the only thing that does this in-game (unintentionally) is shooting a bofors at a tank. the big black puff is almost like suppression. as a matter of fact, it's sometimes a problem for me as a tanker to encounter a bofors. I've actually had to fall back a few times to get my situational awareness back.

It is more than likely that a few times, that has been me shooting at you for that exact effect.

And yeah, I wouldn't be against more suppression.  I've even seen accounts of 20mm cannon forcing T-34 crews to surrender, with blood pouring out of their ear canals and such, due to the concussion of the repeated explosions.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 24-04-2018, 05:04:23 »
Now that this has been mentioned, I find it very annoying when you hit and damage a tank and the tanker instantly knows where the shot came from and wipes you out in a second.

I am no tank expert but I´m pretty sure the crew wouldn´t INSTANTLY know where a shot came from. Perhaps tanks (and all armored fighting vehicles) shouldn´t have hit direction indicator.

Is the internal hit sound stereo? If that were the case it should be enough to know if the shot came from the left or right. I don´t even know if this would be the case in real life, maybe you wouldn´t even be able to notice the direction. Just a loud BANG and that´s it.
« Last Edit: 24-04-2018, 06:04:43 by blander »