Author Topic: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare  (Read 3684 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
« Reply #15 on: 31-01-2013, 18:01:11 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8TroWyTB7s

New content patch has just been released, including new Team Objective maps, new weapons and (my favourite) the new duel mode. I´ve stopped playing the game pretty much after having unlocked all the weapons I want and after having spent too much time on the standard maps but this new patch looks like it´ll get me back into the game. Now if I just wouldn´t have exams in 2 weeks... :/
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31-01-2013, 21:01:47 »
Looks interesting.First medieval game I see that isn't about orks,trolls,dragons and fairies or that isn't purely strategy.
But it could be about Rome...  :(

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31-01-2013, 21:01:53 »
A number of total conversions has already been anounced and some are making good progress, from what I can tell. Among those are mods covering the Samurai-era and the Punic Wars. If those won´t fail for whatever reason you actually might be able to play as a Roman soldier.
I´m still rooting for a Dark Ages/Vikings/Anglo-Saxons mod, but I fear the subject isn´t popular enough. ^^
and not a soul to hear.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31-01-2013, 21:01:45 »
Looks interesting.First medieval game I see that isn't about orks,trolls,dragons and fairies or that isn't purely strategy.
Saying that is just silly. There are so many examples out there, that are not strategy and not fantasy  ::)

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-02-2013, 05:02:39 »
Playing as samurais would be epic!
Maybe if they merged all the content... ;D

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01-02-2013, 06:02:38 »
I have to admit, at first I liked it, but I slowly got bored and uninstalled it.  It seemed to have very little variety and was extremely spammy....

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01-02-2013, 07:02:39 »
A number of total conversions has already been anounced and some are making good progress, from what I can tell. Among those are mods covering the Samurai-era and the Punic Wars. If those won´t fail for whatever reason you actually might be able to play as a Roman soldier.
I´m still rooting for a Dark Ages/Vikings/Anglo-Saxons mod, but I fear the subject isn´t popular enough. ^^

Punic War forever :D

Do you have a link to those mod ?

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01-02-2013, 09:02:54 »
Sure, here´s the Punic Wars mod, the Samurai mod and here´s the costum content subforum. I´ve got no clue how much progress all those mods have made, but especially us FH2 fans should have the necessary patience to wait for a mod. ;)
Mudra, I felt the same as you. I really love TO mode but after a while it got boring, plus I lacked the time to properly play (and still kinda do..) so I stopped playing Chivalry. The new patch seems to have added some new stuff that makes the game interesting, again. I´ve gotta give it a try later today, when I´m back from Uni, to take a proper look at the new stuff.
and not a soul to hear.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01-02-2013, 11:02:37 »
But it could be about Rome...  :(

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rome-at-war2

;)

One game to rule them all... It has everything you can imagine... Napoleonic era? 7 years war? WW II? Civil war? Lord of the Rings? Wild west? Star wars? If you can name it, they have it!

Too bad most mods are underplayed (although the official "mod-that-became-an-expansion" Napoleonic Wars and vanilla aren't and you can find a server any time of the day) and you are lucky if you can find a regiment that organizes events...

Mount and Blade became a modding heaven, similar to Valve's source engine... Except that it can handle many more players at the expense of things looking a bit uglier...
« Last Edit: 01-02-2013, 11:02:00 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08-08-2013, 23:08:28 »
I picked up this game during the steam summer sales. I can highly recommend it if you can pick it up for a few €. It's plain and simple fun :)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-08-2013, 22:08:59 »
I think I ended up paying  full price for it a while back. No regrets.  8) I do actually regret buying blackops  for 50% off... I just like the zombies I guess.
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19-05-2014, 17:05:54 »
Um... shameless necro.  We should have an FH night on Chivalry.  I just got it and it's pretty fun.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22-05-2014, 02:05:37 »
Tried it other day on Steam and I really liked it! Unfortunately,I didn't play in MP,just the training mission... :P
Will try to get it in a near future (or far  :-\ ).Also tried that Deadliest Warrior game and liked it too.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23-05-2014, 19:05:45 »
It's a load of fun.  Also, my own personal theory: The Mason Order is a cult of Chaos.  40K tie-in.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #29 on: 30-05-2014, 10:05:47 »
Sadly coming fromthe latest patches of native - it is now somehow "off".
Said that, i like DW because every 'class' has its own feeling. 3 spears 3 classes 3 different animations.
Bit they could have seriously given More thought at the customization options. 1 model 4 customizations - Blaeh!!