Author Topic: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 139610 times)

Offline JEELEN

• View Profile
Re: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #135 on: 22-11-2011, 16:11:40 »
Yah, I posted about it on another thread and installed that, but I now get the msg that I need the latest DirectX version. I checked, but I have that installed...  ???

Offline HPSFroadrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 02-01-2012, 18:01:20 »
I am attempting my second install, as I just did some hardware upgrades.  My first install worked pretty well, but I had a bug I am not sure is common at all.  My player would randomly yell out "hold your fire", "hop in", "DEUTCHLAND!", or whatever over and over.  Sometimes it would happen all the time, others it would happen almost never.  Has anyone heard of this, or know of a fix?

Secondly, I was curious about installing BF2 on a partition seperate from you O/S.  I have read this is a good thing to do to help the game run better.  I am running a 120gb SSD as my primary drive with W7 64.  I do not mind putting BF2, and FH2 on this drive, as I have the space for it.  If it will run ok, or better, I can put BF2 and/or FH2 on a slave 74gb HDD.  I also have some 'User' folders moved to the HDD to limit the amount of writes to the SSD.  Anyone know what the best setup will be?  Primarily, which drive should I install BF2 on ( "C drive=SSD, E drive=HDD ) which drive should I install FH2 on, and do I need to do anything with my BF2 "My Games" folder or any other "User" related folders?  I read somewhere on these forums about moving, or deleting a couple BF2 "User" folders to help with install.

Offline HPSFroadrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 05-01-2012, 16:01:07 »
Well, since I got no replies, I will add what I've found in case anyone else is looking.

I went with the advise in this (or another, can't recall) install guide's advise to install BF2/FH2 on a totally different partition than my O/S.  In my case O/S (C:drive=SSD) and data (D:drive=HDD)  I did not even create any 'dummy' or 'place-holder' type folders, ei ,EAgames, Users, or program files (x86) even.  They were all created for me during install.  Everything seems to be running fine, though PB is kicking me.  I think (hope) this is just needing to be updated.  Great guide, thanks!  Maybe during next revision, you should add some info about updating punkbuster.  I know there are threads that cover it, but since this is a nice comprehensive guide, it would be good to add.

*edit-It was in fact from Lightning's "common problems and solutions" thread that I was advised to setup this way.

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21.0
« Last Edit: 05-01-2012, 17:01:42 by HPSFroadrunner »

Offline ayub101

• View Profile
i dont know were to put the password in?
« Reply #138 on: 28-03-2012, 17:03:10 »
u said put in the password (Forgotten_Password_2.4_07.2011) but i did not see were it said put in the password plz help i really want to play
 :(

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #139 on: 28-03-2012, 17:03:05 »
If you have the torrent version, you need to put that password in to extract the files from the archive.

Offline ayub101

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 28-03-2012, 19:03:38 »
ok i have all of the patches now what should i do i really want to play this game ive been trying to play for almost 5 hours now pease help me ur service will be thanked

Offline ayub101

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 28-03-2012, 19:03:32 »
can some one send me the torrent version link :)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #142 on: 28-03-2012, 19:03:27 »
can some one send me the torrent version link :)
Latest download and torrent links can be found here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php?

Offline tiger1elite

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 02-07-2012, 21:07:58 »
I downloaded fh2 to desura. does that mean I can't get 2.4?

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 03-07-2012, 02:07:51 »
As far as I know, Fh2 on Desura IS 2.4, as those are the latest files on the ModDB site.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline tiger1elite

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 05-07-2012, 21:07:12 »
OK so will Desura update to fh2.5 when it is released? Also, I don't have Eppeldorf (or however you spell that) or the any of the winter maps, or the Hurtgen Forest map. Are those included in 2.4?

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 06-07-2012, 00:07:18 »
We release the install files password protected a few days before the official release, so you can already download them earlier and then just extract them when the password gets released and play instantly.
After release we allow servers to setup the files without password for users to download.

So since Desura supports no passworded pre-loading, we have to wait until the password has been released before we can upload the files there..

And you should have Eppeldorf, that is a 2.4 map.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 13-07-2012, 20:07:51 »
7/13/2012 update
================
* 2.4 to 2.45
* Updated password
================
Temporary changes

Instead of linking to downloads page, link to release-day page
================

On another note, this thread is almost 3 years old!

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline fefferico

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 23-07-2012, 13:07:25 »
Hi guys, I'll paste the same help request posted on Moddb

"Hi guys, pls help me!!!

I downlaoded the 2.45 update as a torrent and tried to install it without success...
The first part kept stucking at half percentage... but after about 10 times it installed... the second part won't work.... It stucks at 7% with "7zip data error" followed by "Not specific error".... I thought it could be a bugged download.. so I downloaded the second part from Moddb... same error... from warumdarum.de... again... and from the other hosts too...it keeps telling me that there are corrupted parts (I think 12, 13 and 14... but sometimes it tells me that the corrupted parts are from part 8 to 17..)

FH2 Part 2 of 2 is driving me crazy

P.S.: I used winrar and even 7zip

Please help me, thanks guys"

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 23-07-2012, 19:07:04 »
Have you tried downloading the installer from a direct DL using a download manager like flashget?
Direct downloads here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php?
Flashgot here: http://www.flashget.com/index_en.html
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off