Author Topic: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 139519 times)

Offline Chimples

• I have a suggestion....
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #75 on: 26-07-2010, 14:07:55 »
Is there a particular download site where people have got 100% working copies from?
<<<<Plays as Budovski>>> Lives as a chimp

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 26-07-2010, 14:07:21 »
Usually the torrent right here from warumdarum.de is the most secure bet for you.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 26-07-2010, 15:07:28 »

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Chimples

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 27-07-2010, 07:07:59 »
Ok I will try them but I am beginning to think its not going to work, I tried downloading a V2.2.exe file and when I went to install it errored..... I cannot believe that a bitorrent off the main webpage is corrupt after download as well as the files from Ausgamers, Gamearena and internode games (3 biggest game files locations in Australia).

I tried downloading to a freshly formatted D: drive and got the CRC error, I also defragged and scanned my C: drive then tried a fresh download and same problem. I am running Windows 7 home premium, pretty new installation and have been running BFBC 2 no problem as well as COD MW & MW2.......In short

HELP!

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 27-07-2010, 08:07:19 »
Perhaps you're getting too much packet loss with your internet connection, but that should be prevented by downloading it with the torrent. What program are you using for your torrents? I tend to use abc-torrent, but utorrent is good as well.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 27-07-2010, 15:07:27 »
Ok I will try them but I am beginning to think its not going to work, I tried downloading a V2.2.exe file and when I went to install it errored..... I cannot believe that a bitorrent off the main webpage is corrupt after download as well as the files from Ausgamers, Gamearena and internode games (3 biggest game files locations in Australia).

I tried downloading to a freshly formatted D: drive and got the CRC error, I also defragged and scanned my C: drive then tried a fresh download and same problem. I am running Windows 7 home premium, pretty new installation and have been running BFBC 2 no problem as well as COD MW & MW2.......In short

HELP!
Have you tried those links in my post. And perhaps your D drive is compresed and therefore giving your problems. Just throwing it out there.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Chimples

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28-07-2010, 01:07:11 »
Hey guys thanks for your responses, I think it has something to do with my disk drive and will require a fresh install. I contacted Windows as the problem is now with any large archived file that I download. I will download on my mac and transfer via DVD and install that way. Windows said it could be a minor fault in RAM or a minor HDD error and is not related to my connection but to my hardware. Cheers for all your help though guys, helped me isolate what has been going wrong. Hopefully I will be able to get my noob soldier 'Budovski' into some fierce combat tonight!

Offline Chimples

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 29-07-2010, 14:07:33 »
Hey all just so you guys know. The problem I had with the CRC error on unzipping the patch files was all to do with a faulty RAM chip, game installed a breeze and works fine. The RAM was not altering any game except BF2  so I didn't automatically think of it. So if you get repeated CRC errors., 90% it will be your RAM

Cheers

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 29-07-2010, 15:07:51 »
So when can we start owning you  ;)

Offline Chimples

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 30-07-2010, 06:07:59 »
Ready and waiting to be owned, watch out for a guy named 'Budovski' ... fastest Aussie around

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 30-07-2010, 06:07:30 »
Heh, hopin to see you next week when I play  :P

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline keggy

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 04-08-2010, 04:08:48 »
I read the directions, but just to clarify... when I click the installer .exe and it asks for installation path, where should it download to? My bf2 main folder? or the bf2 mods folder?

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 04-08-2010, 05:08:09 »
Is there a default installer path?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline keggy

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 04-08-2010, 05:08:34 »
IIRC it defaulted to my main BF2 folder. (I assume I'm answering my question now haha  ::) )

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 04-08-2010, 07:08:04 »
IIRC it defaulted to my main BF2 folder. (I assume I'm answering my question now haha  ::) )

Yep. ^^ The exe looks for your BF2 registry entries and installs it to the correct folder by itself.