Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 48437 times)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #630 on: 16-06-2014, 13:06:27 »
Damn that season finale.

Spoilers ahead.

Briann vs Hound was so exciting and I rooted for both but I knew one of them won't make it. I really feel sorry for Sandor Clegane.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 16-06-2014, 16:06:06 »
===========================================
****S4 E10 SPOILERS***

Again, i have not read the books, so everything i watch is brand new
===========================================

Many story lines were tied up nicely in this episode, but the number 1 surprise was the arrival of "The one true King Of The Seven Kingdoms"

I mentioned earlier that I favored Daenerys to win the game of thrones, but now they show her not being able to control her dragons..........

Stannis has not been a character that i have liked & they have presented him as kinda evil in my eyes, but I like John Snow & he seems to respect him, so now i dont know what to think of Stannis

I was glad Tyrion's storyline ended the was it did, but is he really gone forever. I would assume he was not an important character from the books to the main story, but he is a fan favorite so........

House Lannister seems to be falling apart & they have many enemies........

Cant wait for season 5.

;)

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 16-06-2014, 20:06:12 »
Stannis    they have presented him as kinda evil in my eyes,

Personally he strikes me as quite a good an honest man, who would be a good king. He just seems a bit evil because he's very straightforward with most things and especially about the sacrifices that will have to be made to put him on the throne. I kinda like that though. At least he's the only man in Westeros who actually gave a shit about helping the Night's Watch defend the realm against a hundred thousand wildlings trying to cross the borders.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 16-06-2014, 20:06:47 »
Best episode yet, I think. The story moved forward more in this one episode than the entire rest of the season.

Only bits I didn't like were the skeletons from Army of Darkness and the fireballs. Also minus one point for not including coldhands.

I was glad Tyrion's storyline ended the was it did, but is he really gone forever. I would assume he was not an important character from the books to the main story, but he is a fan favorite so...
You mean Tywin, right? Tyrion's storyline is clearly not over.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 16-06-2014, 21:06:57 »
I missed the crotch-shot.

Oh and Sandor wasn't supposed to die that way! Why didn't the little Stark bird kill him? That was unnecessarily cruel. He almost cried god damn it. Yeah, I rooted for him. Brienne came across like a lunatic Lannister sellsword."ARYAAaaAAAA"

Stannis! I didn't expect to see him there but coming at the last minute in the battle south of the wall. Anyway, I wonder how things will go on from here
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 16-06-2014, 21:06:23 »
Stannis! I didn't expect to see him there but coming at the last minute in the battle south of the wall. Anyway, I wonder how things will go on from here

With the Lannisters in turmoil I hope he marches south and takes King's Landing, so we can have a huge battle between Stannis and Danny afterwards.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #636 on: 16-06-2014, 22:06:38 »
Pff, people thinking Sandor died. Takes a lot more to kill a bloodthirsty hound.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 16-06-2014, 23:06:33 »
I was glad Tyrion's storyline ended the was it did, but is he really gone forever. I would assume he was not an important character from the books to the main story, but he is a fan favorite so...
You mean Tywin, right? Tyrion's storyline is clearly not over.

Tyrion is going into exile, so I figured that would be it.

:o

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #638 on: 17-06-2014, 21:06:39 »
Ah so Arya's storyline also ended? And Varys? And I guess Danaerys was just a side-show since she is also on another continent.

Tyrion's grand adventure is only just beginning. Interesting to see if they will make him and Varys a buddy comedy.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 17-06-2014, 21:06:40 »
Ah so Arya's storyline also ended? And Varys? And I guess Danaerys was just a side-show since she is also on another continent.

Tyrion's grand adventure is only just beginning. Interesting to see if they will make him and Varys a buddy comedy.

That would be interesting.....

;)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 26-08-2014, 03:08:24 »
Hey guys,

I've started reading the books (unfortunately after having seen all the TV seasons first). I'm through GoT and ACoK (books 1 & 2) and am nervous about how to proceed with my reading. I have a pact with my brother that I won't read ahead of the TV series. He and I watch it together, and it's a blast to be surprised by things together. I understand books 3, 4, etc. get a little muddled in terms of a timeline, so I'm wary.

How far should I read without getting ahead of the TV series?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 26-08-2014, 04:08:01 »
You can easily read book 3. I'm reading book 4 and perhaps screw the TV first books later rule as I can't wait so long for season 5. You can also read the Knight of the seven kingdoms and it won't spoil anything for you as the story is set earlier than GoT.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 28-08-2014, 01:08:55 »
Thanks Kubador. I'll likely just end up reading all the books :)

Also, in case this hasn't been posted before, BOOM: http://quartermaester.info/

Interactive map of Westeros. Links to info on all cities and houses, see the paths of the characters through the book (controlling what chapter/TV episode you've read/seen). Nifty stuff.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 09-03-2015, 21:03:44 »
Threadmancing because the second trailer for S5 is out today. Are you hype yet?

Also, the trailer already blatantly hints at several plot points from TWOW...

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 12-04-2015, 05:04:35 »
Where were you when episodes 1&2 leaked (with rumours of 3&4 and possibly 5&6 being uploaded later today)?