Author Topic: Picture of the Day  (Read 2107046 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of the Day
« Reply #12765 on: 05-10-2014, 02:10:12 »
MEANWHILE, in Kock:

5 October

13th Division's artillery began to fire on the 180th Infantry Regiment battalion's positions in Adamów and the 'Olek' Battalion in Gułów grange at 05:30. Two and a half hours later, the 66th Infantry Regiment's advance began. After a short fight at 10:00, the Germans captured Adamów, they then attacked the Polish position on hill 170 and Gułów, which they captured after heavy fighting. The 66th Motorised Infantry Regiment took many losses. The division occupied positions on the eastern edge of Adamów forest. General Podhorski sent the 'Pils' cavalry brigade to support them. After contact with the enemy brigade, they began an attack on the German positions in the forest. They captured the forest and, there, they established defensive positions.

After the capture of Adamów and Gułów grange by the 66th Infantry Regiment, the 33rd Motorised Infantry Regiment began to advance, capturing Wojcieszków and Glinne. The Polish 178th Infantry Regiment withdrew. The commander ordered his force to re-take Wojcieszków and Glinne, which they did, but they withdrew after taking heavy losses. The advance of the 180th Infantry Regiment on Adamów failed. Colonel Brzoza-Brzezina sent the 178th infantry regiment who soon met the German advance. The 1st battalion included a part company of sappers. The 2nd and 3rd battalions took heavy losses and withdrew to Burzec.

Meanwhile, an attack by the Polish 184th infantry regiment, with the support of a battalion of the 179th infantry regiment, recaptured the church and cemetery in Wola Gułowska. An advance by the 182nd Infantry Regiment with the help of three 100mm howitzers broke the German defence in Helenów.

At 16:00, the last German advance from Adamów began on positions of the 10th Uhlan Regiment in Krzywda forest by the 182nd regiment in Helenów and the 184th regiment in Wola Gułowska. The 10th Uhlan Regiment, after a hard fight, withdrew into the forest. Most forces of the 'Brzoza' division successfully defended their positions in Burzec. The 182nd Infantry Regiment held their position. The 184th regiment had to withdraw due to a lack of artillery ammunition. During this time two key Polish advances began. The 2nd battalion of the 183rd Infantry Regiment, with artillery support, began an assault with the bayonet on the Germans who had attacked the southern wing of the 'Pils' cavalry brigade.

The assault succeeded and the Germans began to retreat, being chased by infantry and cavalry. The rear of the southern wing of the 13th Motorised Division was attacked by the 'Edward' cavalry brigade, they captured Poznań village, including a German artillery battery (which had to be destroyed when the cavalry were forced to withdraw due to them coming under fire from another German artillery battery). Elements of the 13th Motorised Division began to withdraw. One of the last attacks was by the 29th Motorised Division on the 'Podlaska' Cavalry Brigade positions and the rear of the 'Brzoza' Division. After which both Polish formations withdrew to the south of Kryzywda.
« Last Edit: 05-10-2014, 02:10:49 by VonMudra »

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: 05-10-2014, 21:10:55 »

General F. Kleeberg congratulates and says farewell to his soldiers after the battle of Kock, before capitulating.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: 05-10-2014, 22:10:38 »

Woof, woof.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: 06-10-2014, 18:10:10 »
If this isnt a photoshop ... dafuq is that ?  ???

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: 06-10-2014, 19:10:12 »
Why? its a PzKpfw III Ausf G/H mit Schachtellaufwerk. Several made in the early 40's, suspension was sort of a test later used in tigers an panthers.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerkampfwagen-iii.htm

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: 06-10-2014, 20:10:52 »

Maybe I am blind, but what looks out of place? 

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: 06-10-2014, 21:10:53 »
I will just another picture of this lovely panzer 3

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: 06-10-2014, 21:10:02 »

General Sikorski in conversation with Polish soldiers in Coetquidan, France, November 1939
During the 36 day-long Polish campaign, a significant amount of Polish soldiers escaped to Romania, Hungary and Lithuania. These soldiers then regrouped in France to continue the fight against the Germans.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: 06-10-2014, 22:10:10 »

Maybe I am blind, but what looks out of place?

The suspension has the same type of interleaving roadwheels as in Panthers or Tigers, while we all know that the usual PzIII is nothing like that: just some twin roadwheels on torsion bars.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12774 on: 08-10-2014, 01:10:12 »

Polish artillery unit with Armata 105 mm wz. 13 Schneider / Canon de 105 mle 1913 / 10,5cm K 13(p), Poland September 1939.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: 09-10-2014, 00:10:39 »

Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring surrounded by Luftwaffe officers, looking at a map of Poland, September 1939.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: 10-10-2014, 12:10:29 »

Generalleutnant Mauritz von Wiktorin (left), General der Panzertruppe Heinz Guderian (center) and Kombrig Semyon Krivoshein (right) at the German-Soviet joint parade in Brest on September 22, 1939. Possibly the only friendly encounter between Nazi generals and a Jewish general.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: 10-10-2014, 17:10:04 »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: 10-10-2014, 17:10:01 »
Actually Dukat, although not fully jewish, there were several Mischlinge (half-jewish) officers in the German military, who were declared by Hitler to be of "German Blood" and so ok to serve (mostly because they were badly needed officers).  This includes two field marshals and fifteen generals.  Most famously, Erhard Milch, a Luftwaffe Field Marshall, had a Jewish father:

From left to right, Erhard Milch, Wilhelm Keitel, Walther von Brauchitsch, and Erich Raeder.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: 11-10-2014, 01:10:08 »

German and russian officers determining the line of demarcation, Brest-Litovsk, September 20th, 1939. Heinz Guderian on the very right.

Actually Dukat, although not fully jewish, there were several Mischlinge (half-jewish) officers in the German military, who were declared by Hitler to be of "German Blood" and so ok to serve (mostly because they were badly needed officers).  This includes two field marshals and fifteen generals.

Actually I don't do this very often, but this time I was lazy and I quoted Wikipedia without referring to my source. I rather expected critics concerning the words 'joint-parade', which various sources report to never have happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semyon_Krivoshein
« Last Edit: 11-10-2014, 01:10:24 by Dukat »