Author Topic: 130 Player Server back online!  (Read 18210 times)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Re: 130 Player Server back online!
« Reply #210 on: 05-09-2012, 13:09:40 »
You have to edit that in the AD Framework, which we just have been running on 762#1 for some weeks now.
We have seen the problem and are trying to implement a setting that does not switch you when you are in a squad.

ATM it switches players that are not commander, not squadleader and have least kills. That is what I know.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Nemes1s

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 05-09-2012, 16:09:24 »
Server is up with new code go test it pls !!!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 05-09-2012, 18:09:37 »
ATM it switches players that are not commander, not squadleader and have least kills. That is what I know.
Is it possible to change "kills" into "points"? Otherwise a perfect spotter with 50 points and no kills will be switched before a guy who has 0 teampoints and 1 kill. Or is it already points?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #213 on: 05-09-2012, 18:09:19 »
Let us test this setting please. It is a step by step thing.
I would say no squadmembers is enough. We cannot code for every eventuality that might occur.

Focus atm is:

-stable server --> no crashes over the day.
-stable server --> with automatic random map generator running every day.

And we still wait for the dev's server hotfix. Because atm we cannot run most 32p maps or maps like Hyacinth or Anctoville 64. It is because they have objectives to detonate. But if you run them together with a "normal" map the objectives do not work (Hyacinth, PdH, Anctoville).
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 05-09-2012, 19:09:11 »
Let us test this setting please. It is a step by step thing.
I would say no squadmembers is enough. We cannot code for every eventuality that might occur.
Yeah, I know, I was just asking...

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 05-09-2012, 22:09:08 »
Remember that BF2 client is a 32-bit application that can only ever see 2GB of memory. The client might run out of that memory, forcing a crash. :P
Wrong BF2 uses more than 2 GB RAM since 1.5. Also you can force 32 bit applications to use more than 2gb by setting the largeadressaware flag for the exe.
So they change one bit in the exe (there's freeware tools available to do this to any exe), now it sees 3 GB. Whoopee. I really doubt they have recompiled the exe to have a separate 64-bit fork (since you still have only one exe).

4GB if you use  Windows X64 actually. I have seen FH2 go over the 2GB line a few times, not often, but it happens. I think it was on one of Fenrings maps.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 05-09-2012, 22:09:51 »
Remember that BF2 client is a 32-bit application that can only ever see 2GB of memory. The client might run out of that memory, forcing a crash. :P
Wrong BF2 uses more than 2 GB RAM since 1.5. Also you can force 32 bit applications to use more than 2gb by setting the largeadressaware flag for the exe.
So they change one bit in the exe (there's freeware tools available to do this to any exe), now it sees 3 GB. Whoopee. I really doubt they have recompiled the exe to have a separate 64-bit fork (since you still have only one exe).

4GB if you use  Windows X64 actually. I have seen FH2 go over the 2GB line a few times, not often, but it happens. I think it was on one of Fenrings maps.
Vosse beta, closer to 3 gigs.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Technoelite

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 06-09-2012, 22:09:41 »
Guys this may be such a weird weird question, but i can never ever ever see the sever in my list and its really freaking odd especally when i sitting in ts with ym mate and he screaming how sweet this is arghghggh.

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 06-09-2012, 22:09:56 »
Guys this may be such a weird weird question, but i can never ever ever see the sever in my list and its really freaking odd especally when i sitting in ts with ym mate and he screaming how sweet this is arghghggh.

this is because it's an "unofficial" server hosted by 762.. these are not seen in the gameserver browser (http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_gameserver.php?). you can only see it when you start up FH2

I find this very very annoying too, because I don't want to always start up FH2 before seeing whether there is a good game going on..

Meh, it all comes back to the whole 762 vs. rest of world controversy which does not want to end for some reason..

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 06-09-2012, 22:09:28 »
I think he meant that he can't see it on the server browser in game. Probably because you have marked Punkbuster in the server filtering options. So uncheck punkbuster and refresh.

Offline Technoelite

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 06-09-2012, 22:09:10 »
tried that :) sorry to be a pain kind gentlemen its just really annoying.  :-[

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 06-09-2012, 22:09:40 »
Disable hamachi if you have it installed. It uses the same IP range the server is in for the virtual network adapter.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Technoelite

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 07-09-2012, 21:09:19 »
still no luck you know this is really annoying even joining through the IP dosent work oh well i shall just go and play outside  :'(

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 08-09-2012, 00:09:45 »
still no luck you know this is really annoying even joining through the IP dosent work oh well i shall just go and play outside  :'(

You have to uninstall hamachi if you didn't it already. Only to disable it won't do the trick