Author Topic: I went on the internet and I found this v2.0 - Joke Harder  (Read 460075 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: I went on the internet and I found this v2.0 - Joke Harder
« Reply #6195 on: 13-09-2014, 22:09:53 »
I would shoot a guy too if I had to eat a tuna & mayo sandwich.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: 13-09-2014, 22:09:39 »
You have no idea how common that is here.....

Mayo and shrimp any better?

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: 14-09-2014, 00:09:59 »
Protip: don't go to the UK and try to have "lunch" while at work, because that's most likely what you'll get, along with potato chips (the salty crispy kind, not the fish'n'chips kind) and a chocolate bar.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: 14-09-2014, 00:09:00 »
Thanks, I think Im going to need that protip more than once in my lifetime.

Biiviz

« Reply #6199 on: 14-09-2014, 10:09:07 »
Protip: don't go to the UK and try to have "lunch" while at work, because that's most likely what you'll get, along with potato chips (the salty crispy kind, not the fish'n'chips kind) and a chocolate bar.

Even in Norway they eat sandwiches for lunch. A hot lunch is apparently not that common, at least in workplaces. They eat a heavier breakfast instead.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: 14-09-2014, 11:09:43 »
I can confirm this. Hot food is for dinner.

We bring our own food to the job and school. It consists of whole wheat bread with toppings. The most standard toppings is goat's cheese, jarlsberg cheese, salami or chopped liver.

This is a classic Norwegian matpakke/niste ("packed lunch"). Matpakke was nominated as the third most typical Norwegian word after "Jah" (saying Ja/yes while breathing in), and dugnad (organized work in local communities without pay. "talkoot" in Finnish)

On-topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NX-HxX-A0
Perhaps my all time favorite youtube clip
« Last Edit: 14-09-2014, 11:09:56 by Hjaldrgud »

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: 14-09-2014, 11:09:51 »
How can you go through the whole day with just bread? How long lunch breaks do you have in Norway (work/school)?
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: 14-09-2014, 12:09:58 »
We eat dinner of course. I eat bread three times a day + dinner. Lunch breaks are 30 minutes. Often 45 in schools IIRC.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: 14-09-2014, 12:09:12 »
A workday for me is very hard to survive without a hearty warm lunch, especially since I tend to oversleep and miss the breakfast (though if not oversleeping too much, the office canteen at my current work has affordable breakfast for sale). Conversely, I rarely eat anything heavier than bread, yoghurt or fruits in the evening. Thankfully, I don't have to travel much in my current job anymore so I can indulge in this behaviour.

Yes, I am aware that in many countries it's customary to bring only light (often home-made) snacks to eat for "lunch" (even in Finland, people with families, who tend to cook dinner in the evening often do this), but at least baguettes, salads, home-prepare meals or microwave meals from nearest grocery store are acceptable alternatives to triangle sandwiches in most places. But it was in the UK where the sandwich absolutely drowning in mayo which itself was drowning in mayo did not seem to have an alternative (or maybe it was a local thing, a small town somewhere between Manchester and Liverpool). Never mind that the amount of mayo in those sandwiches was humoungous compared to triangle sandwiches almost anywhere.

A pleasantly surprising experience was that in China (where Western-style sandwiches are apparently not a thing) they served passable (all things considered) warm Chinese food for lunch at the factory canteen.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: 14-09-2014, 14:09:17 »
I spend around 30 minutes a day preparing my food. It keeps surprising me how few people eat throughout the day. Living on 4 sandwiches, a banana and a candy bar....
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: 14-09-2014, 15:09:52 »
euhm, so am i abnormal for eating 2 slices of bread in the morning, a banana for lunch and then just a normal warm dinner?

Djeez you guys seem to eat a lot. I don't even eat lunch all the time. for example when i work nightshifs i live on 1 hot meal every day around 5PM and some fruit or yoghurt at 4AM

And by a hot meal i mean 1 normal sized plate, i don't go for seconds.

As typing this i can say that it has been 20 hours since my last meal, and no, i am not hungry nor do i feel weak. Its just what happens when i have to go from night into day rithim.

Something i never understood is that omg, i did not eat for 6 hours, i will faint soon, i have no energy, i cant work, i can't focus... I never ever had anything like that. Sure, i get hungry from time to time, and then i ignore it, drink some water and an hour later i already forgot i was hungry. And no, i am not anorexic, i am 183cm, 82kg.

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: 14-09-2014, 15:09:43 »
I don't eat that much either. Usually some bread in the morning, then proper warm lunch during the day and maybe another slice of bread in the evening. I can go pretty long periods without eating too (3 days is my current record), I just eat for the sake of eating (you know, to get that daily amount of energy). It's just that doing a day's work without eating anything proper in between seems abnormal to me.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: 14-09-2014, 18:09:53 »
Metabolism can vary quite a bit. It's not at all strange to have these differences in heating habits.
It's just that most people tend to think that others have to be the same way.
Same with bowel movements. Between 3 times a week and 3 times a day is almost always completely healthy. But it's such a wide range and many can't contemplate being on a different frequency. (Well, that escalated quickly.)

So no, you're not abnormal.
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: 14-09-2014, 18:09:38 »
Yeah, I go launch my submarines about 6 times a week i think. so almost every day. Probably the way it is for most people. 3 out of 5 times it are perfect launches. Only needs 1 wipe to double check. Fuck yeah! a roll lasts a month easily here.

What a joke huh.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: 14-09-2014, 22:09:09 »
The pre-packed sandwhiches at Marks&Spencers are pretty ok in the UK.
The Netherlands is famous for it's "Broodje Kaas" (Brown sandwich with cheese) that must comes in a lunch-box with a colour that puts any self respecting rainbow unicorn to shame.
When I was in Germany with some Austrian colleagues they told it was quite normal to eat warm meals twice a day. During lunch I got served kartoffles and some kind of cabbage.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)