Author Topic: Seelow Heights 64  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Seelow Heights 64
« on: 07-02-2016, 03:02:28 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

« Last Edit: 09-02-2016, 22:02:43 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
Re: Seelow Heights 64
« Reply #1 on: 13-02-2016, 23:02:15 »
Shouldn't this map be filed under "Germany" instead of "Eastern Front"? ;-)

But anyway:
Not sure yet how the new ticket system works: Played this map only once just now, but the Russians took last flag, then quick ticket countdown started for Germans. Germans retake last flag, but fast ticket count was still in effect. My question: what's the point of recapping the last flag if you can't win this way as Germans?
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-02-2016, 00:02:52 »
They really took it? Greying it is not enough, but upin retaking it they should be able to stop the fast bleed afaik.

Offline Trautman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-02-2016, 14:02:34 »
When it faces to the train station, a framerate drops.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-06-2016, 17:06:53 »
2.52 changelog for Seelow Heights 64

- respawn times reduced for the soviet vehicles and planes
- Bomb carrying FW190 only spawns after first sector is taken
- Improved Russian spawns at the Manor flag
- Add Ammo Truck at Russian Mainbase
- Now uses the FW190 Eastern Front variant by matt_baker

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-01-2017, 09:01:28 »

The FH-1 and FH-2 maps look similar. Can you show me the location in real life that these two maps were based on?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-01-2017, 11:01:37 »
Search for "Seelow" in GoogleEarth or GoogleMaps.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-01-2017, 12:01:40 »
Search for "Seelow" in GoogleEarth or GoogleMaps.
Oh. Remembered they were the hills that protect the approaches to Berlin.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-04-2017, 20:04:11 »
Can you replace the K98 panzerfaust kit with a volkstrumkbriner-98, as having them as pickups defeats the purpose of them being used, as players prefer the k-98.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-04-2017, 20:04:37 »
Can you replace the K98 panzerfaust kit with a volkstrumkbriner-98, as having them as pickups defeats the purpose of them being used, as players prefer the k-98.

The idea is that these weapons were very rare and not used a lot. Having them as spawn-able would make them used by almost everyone and kinda ruins their novelty.

I personally pick up a Volksturm weapon every chance I get on this map, I don't care much for K/D and I see it as a fun challenge to use strange/ crappy weapons :)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-04-2017, 20:04:48 »

The idea is that these weapons were very rare and not used a lot. Having them as spawn-able would make them used by almost everyone and kinda ruins their novelty.

I personally pick up a Volksturm weapon every chance I get on this map, I don't care much for K/D and I see it as a fun challenge to use strange/ crappy weapons :)
Okay, but remember that the Wehrmacht armed the Volksturm with anything found at hand, and I heard that many Volksturm soldiers got Italian or old German rifles, like the G-98. Since we don't have the G-98 ingame, maybe we should use the Carcano?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-04-2017, 21:04:42 »
Okay, but remember that the Wehrmacht armed the Volksturm with anything found at hand, and I heard that many Volksturm soldiers got Italian or old German rifles, like the G-98. Since we don't have the G-98 ingame, maybe we should use the Carcano?

IIRC there were plans to put a whole slew of weird kits on this map that would represent Volkssturm troops. However, I think the idea is that;

A) the majority of weapons during the battle would've been standard Germans weapons like in the spawn menu
B) adding different kits/ rifles etc... increases texture load which can lead to problems (see flag bug on some CMP maps)

So overall it was ruled to go with adding the rare Volkssturm specific weapons as pickups as a fun/ novelty thing. I think of it as the spawn kits represent the Wehrmacht while the pickups represent the Volkssturm.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25-04-2017, 21:04:34 »
Okay. In his devblog, TS4ever even wanted to place a FG kit because there was Fashilmjager division in the fighting  ;D. Hope you guys are having a blast testing new stuff  :).

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-06-2017, 20:06:17 »
I get the impression that this map is still too hard for the Russians, especially in sector 2. Any community feedback on this?

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05-06-2017, 06:06:45 »
I get the impression that this map is still too hard for the Russians, especially in sector 2. Any community feedback on this?
Well I played the 32 player version on Saturday, but I got this image that German armour was too op. While in theory it can work, in practice, there are player dispensaries. So replace the panther with a panzer 4 and give rusians more arty.