Author Topic: Sidi Barrani  (Read 6564 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Sidi Barrani
« Reply #15 on: 29-12-2012, 17:12:01 »
I think you`re totally putting the wagon before the horse here.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-12-2012, 17:12:39 »
Well, I'll get it as detailed as possible. There are numerous cots in the medic tent for the wounded, and a night stand plus a chair will be added next to each one. I'll see if I can place a British soldier on one of them to make the scene more believable.
I will also manage to put the Italian outposts on the map, but I'll have to use every inch of the map  :P .
That means, that the outposts have to be attacked first before moving on to Sidi Barrani itself.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-12-2012, 17:12:56 »
I think you`re totally putting the wagon before the horse here.

Well, I really have to restrain myself-it is indeed very easy to get hung up on details. What I am doing right now, is to position the control points in order to get a structure into the map.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-12-2012, 21:12:11 »
The pictures should be coming in around 30 minutes. I have already begun to construct the British main (Alam el Daba) and the Italian Outpost (Qasim Mahmud). Sidi Barrani itself will follow within the next days.
The map will feature the final push into Sidi Barrani, the only remaining obstacle being Alam el Daba.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-12-2012, 21:12:30 »
Cant wait!  :)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29-12-2012, 22:12:15 »
Erm... I just messed up my screenshot programme  :-X
However, I should be able to fix it within five minutes.
There's one question I have, though: Where should I upload my screenshots?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-12-2012, 22:12:50 »
I personally use imageshack.com

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29-12-2012, 22:12:28 »
Thanks, mate! I'll upload them there and link them to this thread. As of now, I am still fighting with my screenshot tool that just doesn't want to work with the bf2editor. It does, however, work with Firefox and other programs. Also, each time I restart the editor the trucks I placed in the last session are gone. Does someone know what to do about that?

EDIT: PrintKey 2000 apparently doesn't like me. I'll see if I can fix that bloody tool tonight. If not, I'll upload them tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry to announce this annoying delay  :-\ .
« Last Edit: 29-12-2012, 23:12:28 by ksl94 »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29-12-2012, 23:12:27 »
No problem, take your time  :)

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31-12-2012, 14:12:53 »
Also, each time I restart the editor the trucks I placed in the last session are gone. Does someone know what to do about that?

You have to put your vehicles by right clicking on the place you want it to spawn, select objectspawner and then in the list select one category, name it. once you see a vehicule click on it and in the tweaker you select the right vehicule (1 for axis, 2 for allies)

DO NOT PUT A VEHICULE FROM THE VEHICULE FOLDER ON THE LEFT !! (unless it's a static with wreck or something like that in the name)
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31-12-2012, 16:12:29 »
Good luck, and try not to get lost in all the small details (not even the historical ones)... Try to always have the greater vision of gameplay and map-flow in your mind. That's how the best maps are made!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31-12-2012, 17:12:56 »
Also, each time I restart the editor the trucks I placed in the last session are gone. Does someone know what to do about that?

You have to put your vehicles by right clicking on the place you want it to spawn, select objectspawner and then in the list select one category, name it. once you see a vehicule click on it and in the tweaker you select the right vehicule (1 for axis, 2 for allies)

DO NOT PUT A VEHICULE FROM THE VEHICULE FOLDER ON THE LEFT !! (unless it's a static with wreck or something like that in the name)

Thanks, mate! I replaced the trucks with the corresponding statcs and it works now. By the way, does that also apply to pickup kits? If it does, I'm in trouble  :-\ .
Also, the map is making a lot of progress, Alam el Daba is 99% finished and Qasim Mahmud is 90% finished.
Tonight, I will start with Sidi Barrani itself (I just set up the control point; I called it 'Forte Sidi Barrani'). The town will consist of about three CPs when it's finished. I'll polish things up a bit and will post pictures soon.
I would also like to wish all of you a great and happy New Year!

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31-12-2012, 17:12:20 »
Good luck, and try not to get lost in all the small details (not even the historical ones)... Try to always have the greater vision of gameplay and map-flow in your mind. That's how the best maps are made!

Thanks for the tip! I kind of succumbed to that tendency-the CPs I placed are already fully detailed, but the city itself hasn't even been built yet  :P . I will proceed with your hint in mind and keep all of you up to date.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-01-2013, 19:01:12 »
I have good news: The Italian fort in Sidi Barrani is complete, as are the British main and Qasim Mamuhd.
Right now I am placing the roads. Expect pictures this week!  ;) By the way, does anyone by chance know if the airfield has already been there during Operation Compass?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07-01-2013, 20:01:08 »
Nice, good work! Keep it up!  ;D

Dont know about the airfield, but you can ask it about in the Questions Thread:

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=3095.0
« Last Edit: 07-01-2013, 20:01:15 by TurkishCommando007 »